Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Martellus Bennett

Martellus Bennett

Wow, has this guy been a disappointment, so far.

Against the Vikings, he had an absurd drop on the play Rodgers was injured. It would have been a first down, too. It seems he has had at least one of those "easy" drops in every game.

Later in the game, he was kept in to help the RT, didn't touch the guy, and watched Hundley get crushed. He has been widely respected as one of the best blocking TEs in the game, and has had a few for GB, but he has had a number of less than stellar efforts too.

It almost looks like his heart isn't in the game this year. Too many concerns about his brother and social issues, maybe? I'm not criticizing him, if that is the case. On several interviews, he seemed very troubled about it.

His inconsistency is hurting the offense.

Bennett, Bakhtiaria, and Randall are my candidates for "Dud of the Year" at this point in the season.

Bulaga and Dix could be my dark horses.

bennett signed a 3 year deal. he's TE1 for the foreseeable. maybe he'll come around but it if he doesn't maybe he'll do everyone a favor and retire.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

It almost looks like his heart isn't in the game this year. Too many concerns about his brother and social issues, maybe? I'm not criticizing him, if that is the case. On several interviews, he seemed very troubled about it.
    I'm troubled by it too and my boss doesn't give a shit.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Extremely disappointed. When is he going to split the seam?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Jared Cook is the starting TE now for Raiders. But he had a shoulder injury and hasn't lighted it up.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Extremely disappointed. When is he going to split the seam?
    the drop on Rodgers last pass added insult to injury.

TT had a solid TE in Jared Cook last Season and let him know that fact wasn't appreciated.

What do we really know and Martellus Bennett's total relationship with the Packers off the Field?

With his life off the Field?

Martellus Bennett is an interesting watch. He has a big body thus easy to see.

Here is his NFL History and Stat's;what were you hoping for or expecting from Martellus Bennett ?

http://www.nfl.com/player/martellusb...62/careerstats

Is he a TD machine? Is he a TE that extends the field?

How many NFL Teams have signed Martellus Bennett?

Why do you think that happened in his NFL career?

Why did the NE Patriots allow him to walk?

He is (by reputation) a decent blocking TE.

What are you now expecting from Martellus Bennett ?
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 10-19-2017 at 11:33 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    TT had a solid TE in Jared Cook last Season and let him know that fact wasn't appreciated.

What do we really know and Martellus Bennett's total relationship with the Packers off the Field?

With his life off the Field?

Martellus Bennett is an interesting watch. He has a big body thus easy to see.

Here is his NFL History and Stat's;what were you hoping for or expecting from Martellus Bennett ?

http://www.nfl.com/player/martellusb...62/careerstats

Is he a TD machine? Is he a TE that extends the field?

How many NFL Teams have signed Martellus Bennett?

Why do you think that happened in his NFL career?

Why did the NE Patriots allow him to walk?

He is (by reputation) a decent blocking TE.

What are you now expecting from Martellus Bennett ?
    No, we let Cook go when we had the chance to make an upgrade with Bennett. Bennett has always been better than Cook. The real crime here is with Rodgers hurt he and Martellus don't have more opportunities to get connected and won't until next spring.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    the drop on Rodgers last pass added insult to injury.
    I see what you did there.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    No, we let Cook go when we had the chance to make an upgrade with Bennett. Bennett has always been better than Cook. The real crime here is with Rodgers hurt he and Martellus don't have more opportunities to get connected and won't until next spring.
    Sure.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Obviously you don't understand modern medicine and the all world healing abilities of Aaron "Thor" Rodgers.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Marty B. has been overrated his whole career! There is a reason he has played for so many teams. I have never been a fan, just a typical tease!

The TEAM would have been farther ahead with Cook. But chalk that up to another TT screw up.

yeah, his head not in the game or something

big disappointment

I'm still baffled as to why they gave up Cook and went and got Kendricks. They could have picked up Bennett for blocking and keptCook for receiving. Especially after that nice run down the stretch last year.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Oh and now look - Cook fantastic down the stretch for the Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Oh and now look - Cook fantastic down the stretch for the Raiders.
    He's been getting better as the season wears on. As he gets more settled with his new team. Sound familiar??? Just think how great he could have been in GB this year.

We will need to convene the Council of Elders at the end of the regular season to decide whether Bennett is really better than Cook, at least this season. The COE may need to issue some rebukes, we'll see.

I thought Cook really had developed some chemistry with team last year. Would his salary have broken the bank? Maybe so.

two years, 12.2 million? That's really not that much. And I bet the Packers could have had him a little cheaper had they acted right away.

Also, I don't see this as necessarily a Cook or Bennett deal. Probably could have had both. Bennett was only 3.85 mil cap hit this year. Next year is 8.5 mil. Could have structured Cook for three year deal with lower cap hit which would probably be about 2 times Kendricks hit. Maybe. Not a huge difference to have a really dynamic TE and the clocking TE you wanted too.