Thread: 'The Tragically Hip', Singer Gord Downie ‘unofficial poet laureate’ of CANADA Dead at 53 Years

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

'The Tragically Hip', Singer Gord Downie ‘unofficial poet laureate’ of CANADA Dead at 53 Years

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...e-dies-aged-53

Gord Downie, Tragically Hip frontman, dies of cancer aged 53

Lead singer of Canadian rock group and the country’s ‘unofficial poet laureate’ has died following battle with brain cancer

Gord Downie, frontman of Canadian rock band the Tragically Hip, has died after a battle with brain cancer.

A message on Twitter attributed to the Downie family announced that the musician had “passed away with his beloved children and family close by”. The statement went on to say that “Gord knew this day was coming – his response was to spend this precious time as he always had – making music, making memories and expressing deep gratitude to his family and friends for a life well lived”. Downie revealed that he had been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer in May 2016.

In my lifetime of loving music and that in all gendres, I've never seen a better 'Front Man' for any Great ROCK Band. Gord Downie was indeed Special and certainly loved and fully and completely appreciated in Canada.

Canada went into grief yesterday with the announcement of his expected death to this life. Up here we love 'The Hip'. We love Gord Downie.

Our Prime Minister was in tears when he spoke of this los to Canada in a Special Press Conference yesterday. I cannot even imagine the horrific pain we'll feel when that other Gordon passes away. I mean Canadian Icon Gordon Lightfoot. There was recently yet another tribute to his great works just recently and Gordon somehow keeps on.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 10-19-2017 at 01:10 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau