Thread: Just a thought.....

Just a thought.....

I know a lot of fans have lost faith and to be fair it's a lot more than just losing Aaron that ails this team HOWEVER didn't McCarthy almost beat the Pats at home with 'his' preferred backup a few years back? (and from what I remember of that game it was a big kick return that set the Pats up to beat us) So I am kind of excited to see other teams look past us due to Aaron being dinged. So what if we don't saunter into the playoffs.....we might have to break a sweat but there is a lot of season left folks and maybe having to 'work' a little harder benefits the whole operation.....Sometimes I think having a big name hurts us...I've felt this when Judas was the qb too....the team can 'take it easy' because the qb will bail us out.....

Good point. However talent level in 2010 was higher than now, especially on defense. Collins, Woodson, Tramon Williams, an ascending CMIII and a still-motivated Raji. The 2017 version pales in comparison.

I stand with Buckethead!
    C.H.U.D.

If King and House can start, I am predicting a Packers win.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    If King and House can start, I am predicting a Packers win.
    If Bahk and Bulaga also play I might agree with you...

If all 4 start I'm predicting a blowout win and talk amongst the pundits that Hundley is the future and we should trade ARod.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Hopefully Kevin King will end up being a star, but he hasn't even risen to the level of difference-maker yet. And I'm not so sure Hawkins isn't better than House. Bakhtiari and Bulaga and Lane Taylor too were in the game when Rodgers got hurt. The O Line was just as porous with the starting interior five as it has been with scrubs.

Our D will be impressive and score or at least set up some TDs because of Capers' schemes.

Hundley is gonna need to develop some Rodgers-like mobility, and I believe he will. Aaron Jones is gonna need to run somewhere other than where the play is called, cuz you can count on no hole there, and I believe he will too.

We will win this game convincingly and maybe make believers out of some of the negativists.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Rodgers wasn't hurt because the o-line was 'porous'

And Hundley has mobility. Just look at his TD pass play.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I stand with BobbleHead.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Rodgers wasn't hurt because the o-line was 'porous'

And Hundley has mobility. Just look at his TD pass play.
    He'll need every ounce of mobility he has at his disposal.

May he not be another Seneca Wallace.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    He'll need every ounce of mobility he has at his disposal.
    He will if three or four linemen are out
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I stand with BobbleHead.
    Shouldn't you pose with a bobblehead?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Seneca Wallace was a piece of crap, and it was entirely predictable that he would fail. Hundley has been way above average in the preseason and should do well as a starter. Yes, he has mobility, but his weakness in the preseason was not instinctively being able to get away from the pass rush like Rodgers is so good at. That's what he has to improve on with this horrible O Line - whether not most of the starters are back. I think he will do that enough to win most of the games he starts.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Hopefully Kevin King will end up being a star, but he hasn't even risen to the level of difference-maker yet. And I'm not so sure Hawkins isn't better than House. Bakhtiari and Bulaga and Lane Taylor too were in the game when Rodgers got hurt. The O Line was just as porous with the starting interior five as it has been with scrubs.

Our D will be impressive and score or at least set up some TDs because of Capers' schemes.

Hundley is gonna need to develop some Rodgers-like mobility, and I believe he will. Aaron Jones is gonna need to run somewhere other than where the play is called, cuz you can count on no hole there, and I believe he will too.

We will win this game convincingly and maybe make believers out of some of the negativists.
    If you think that the defense will be impressive, then you either never watched or have forgotten past Saints/Packers games with Dom as the coordinator. It's terrible to watch; it's almost like watching Harvey Weinstein having his way with some poor young actress.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

You got a way with words, Fritz. You don't like seeing HW penetrate up the middle? If those poor young actresses had Dom Capers designing their defenses, ol' HW wouldn't have scored 50 or whatever.

Seriously, I do remember some high scoring games with the Saints, possibly losses. That was then, this is now. I expect our D to step up and contain Brees at least to the extent that we can outscore them. The thing I'm worried about is that McCarthy will keep too tight a leash on Hundley instead of opening up the playbook for him as needed.