Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
The problem - and McCarthy himself said this - isn't Hundley; It's the rest of the team. Thank you Ted Thompson for that. The Packers were Great with Aaron Rodgers because he masked the mediocrity of the rest of the team, personnel-wise. The O Line, the whole defense, especially the DBs, the RBs, and the Receivers - both TEs and WRs.

The other thing about Hundley is they still refused to unleash him - at least until the game was pretty much out of reach. Then he did pretty well.

I don't see him cutting and running all that much; I see him looking down field and not finding anybody who has gotten much of any separation from the D. I also see him rushed horribly on virtually every play - same as Aaron Rodgers always was. There was improvement from the first week to the second - he started using one of Aaron's escape move. Trouble was, it was always the same on - rolling to the right sideline.

No immobile QB would survive with this awful O Line, and even somebody with athleticism and mobility has a tough time - thank you Ted.
Gee, last season folks were touting our OL as one of the best in the league. Hundley is just as mobile as Rodgers. Teams are attacking our offense differently now. Before they would be nuts to stack and box and force the QB to beat them. But that is what they are doing now. Then we end up with 3rd and long and they bring the house and overwhelm both the line and an inexperienced QB.

Don't but much stock into what a coach says publicly to the press. 99% of that is coach-speak.