Thread: Brett Hundley - Ongoing discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hundley is a horrible QB. He hasn't learned a lick since his UCLA days. The number of sacks he took in college is almost unbelievable, and he had the same penchant for throwing short passes near the line of scrimmage rather than being able to see what was happening downfield and actually bring pressure to bear on the defense. Whoever thought this kid would translate well to the Packer passing attack probably should not be allowed to evaluate QB talent ever again.

After the Saints game, I thought it was McCarthy being too conservative in his game planning. However, after the Lions game, it became very clear that I was incorrect...it actually is as simple as Hundley just not being a capable NFL QB. There were throws to be made downfield on Monday night...and Hundley rarely attempted those throws. Good young QBs will occasionally prove their ability to diagnose a play pre-snap...account for what the defense is trying to do...and beat it. I'm not sure I've seen one instance of that yet from Hundley in 2+ games, which to me is an incredibly bad sign.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Whoever thought this kid would translate well to the Packer passing attack probably should not be allowed to evaluate QB talent ever again.
    I was probably the same idiot who wanted Rodgers and then said "Let Favre walk, Rodgers is ready"
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.