Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Brett Hundley - Ongoing discussion

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I think he tried but they were limited. I think Detroits run defense is better than NO's. And once you're down by two-three scores the run game goes bye bye.
    He bailed on the run before they were way down. If he doesn't see immediate success from it he bails. Hell he bails on the run even when it's successful. He's just not that good of a coach. Without Rodgers in there to make him look good it's obvious to all but the super homers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    He bailed on the run before they were way down. If he doesn't see immediate success from it he bails. Hell he bails on the run even when it's successful. He's just not that good of a coach. Without Rodgers in there to make him look good it's obvious to all but the super homers.
    With Aaron Rodgers out we really see what MM and the Coaching Staff and TT bring to the table.

It's obvious the word to describe that best is = FAIL.

So this will be overall good for Aaron Rodgers and Packer hopes of a Super Bowl; if finally, the Charade is exposed and we see TT and MM Fired.

Then just maybe Aaron Rodgers will have 'a real chance' and a Super Bowl again.

In reality I won't be surprized to see another best word to describe Packers and that possible reality = Denial.

Pride and Ego brought together = Destruction.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 11-08-2017 at 10:35 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I didn't watch the game but Hundleys numbers are better and I saw the highlight reel including the TD pass to The Fresno Fantastic Beast.

That was a nice ball Hundley threw. So. Has he turned a corner or was it just the sun shining on a moose's ass?

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I didn't watch the game but Hundleys numbers are better and I saw the highlight reel including the TD pass to The Fresno Fantastic Beast.

That was a nice ball Hundley threw. So. Has he turned a corner or was it just the sun shining on a moose's ass?
    We'll see. Shaky 1st half. Pretty good 2nd half. Did it against a respectable Bears defense. Some cause for cautious optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post

It looked like his velocity and accuracy improved, but the offense was inconsistent because his decision making was suspect. He threw a couple of balls that could have been picked. He doesn't have a lot of pocket awareness so he took a lot of sacks, and missed hot reads. If he's turned a corner, it is from crap to work in progress. He has a way to go before he looks good, but maybe he has a path there.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Would be nice if MM tried to have a running game and actually call a game to BHs strengths.
    Thats sarcasm right? I'm having a sheldon Cooper moment.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Whoever thought this kid would translate well to the Packer passing attack probably should not be allowed to evaluate QB talent ever again.
    I was probably the same idiot who wanted Rodgers and then said "Let Favre walk, Rodgers is ready"
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Someone on the radio suggested Hundley played a little more controlled after he tweaked his hammy in this game. It forced him to stay in the pocket and not run at the first sign of pressure. That is an interesting take for sure.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Someone on the radio suggested Hundley played a little more controlled after he tweaked his hammy in this game. It forced him to stay in the pocket and not run at the first sign of pressure. That is an interesting take for sure.
    Wow. "Packer hammy" is a training technique. A method to their madness.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Wow. "Packer hammy" is a training technique. A method to their madness.
    Which reminds me, we should invest in a hamstring care facility near Green Bay. Quick way to make a killing for 7-8 months.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

One thing I noticed is that when Hundley bolts the pocket, he ends up about twenty yards behind the line of scrimmage. By that point, of course, he has no recourse but to throw it away, or to throw a fifteen-yard pass that will net them minus five on the play, or run for a ten-yard loss. I hope MM is working with the guy on stepping up into the pocket.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    One thing I noticed is that when Hundley bolts the pocket, he ends up about twenty yards behind the line of scrimmage. By that point, of course, he has no recourse but to throw it away, or to throw a fifteen-yard pass that will net them minus five on the play, or run for a ten-yard loss. I hope MM is working with the guy on stepping up into the pocket.
    I've never seen a QB do that...well, maybe Fran Tarkington, but Randy is no Fran Tarkington.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

I've never seen a QB do that...well, maybe Fran Tarkington, but Randy is no Fran Tarkington.
    The Packers had another QB known for that:

No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    The Packers had another QB known for that:

haha Good one. Did Wallace ever do that while wearing green and gold?

haha Good one. Did Wallace ever do that while wearing green and gold?
    I was at the game in the video.

And no. He tore a groin muscle on his first series. If memory serves correctly.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

so, it seems painfully obvious that brett v 2.0 is not our long term answer to replace a-rod someday like we were led to believe by the coaching staff and packer "reporters"

so now what?

draft a QB a year until we do find one?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    so, it seems painfully obvious that brett v 2.0 is not our long term answer to replace a-rod someday like we were led to believe by the coaching staff and packer "reporters"

so now what?

draft a QB a year until we do find one?
    You definitely try something that might give you a REAL Chance and not named Brett Hundley.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

no more discussion...he's terrible.

Still say you have to give him until Rodgers comes back.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Still say you have to give him until Rodgers comes back.
    sure. there's no need to bring in callahan. hundley can get us to 5-11 just fine by himself.