Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Brett Hundley - Ongoing discussion

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    sure. there's no need to bring in callahan. hundley can get us to 5-11 just fine by himself.
    They still have an outside shot at playoffs. I could understand putting in Callahan.

But that means you are downgrading your Hundley investment and possibly hurting his future (if he has one).

Weigh that against the odds of sneaking into the playoffs with Rodgers back. Conference is pretty wide open.

However, was anyone wowed by Callahan this preseason and camp?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    They still have an outside shot at playoffs. I could understand putting in Callahan.

But that means you are downgrading your Hundley investment and possibly hurting his future (if he has one).

Weigh that against the odds of sneaking into the playoffs with Rodgers back. Conference is pretty wide open.

However, was anyone wowed by Callahan this preseason and camp?
    I liked him. He's quicker than Hundley and I think he has a quicker release and stronger arm. He scrambles better. Plus, he brings an excitement to the game.

But what the hell do I know. My only hope is that Stubby isn't on an ego trip and plays whoever gives us the best chance to win. Right now it's not looking to me like that's Hundley.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I liked him. He's quicker than Hundley and I think he has a quicker release and stronger arm. He scrambles better. Plus, he brings an excitement to the game.

But what the hell do I know. My only hope is that Stubby isn't on an ego trip and plays whoever gives us the best chance to win. Right now it's not looking to me like that's Hundley.
    wasn't callahan playing mostly against 3rd stringers and guys who didn't make the nfl?

while brett was playing against 1st and 2nd stringers?

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    sure. there's no need to bring in callahan. hundley can get us to 5-11 just fine by himself.
    And that wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. It might get Capers canned and we'll finally get a chance at a high pick in the draft - a true playmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    wasn't callahan playing mostly against 3rd stringers and guys who didn't make the nfl?

while brett was playing against 1st and 2nd stringers?
    I don't know. I don't care. I do know that Hundley is not cutting it. I'm not interested in tanking the season, though it might be. I'm interested in seeing if Callahan is any good.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    And that wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. It might get Capers canned and we'll finally get a chance at a high pick in the draft - a true playmaker.
    exactly...and hopefully force a TT retirement!

I'd give Hundley another game...simply because it will be against the Steelers and I don't think you want Callahan to be in on that drubbing.

If I were McCarthy, I'd be starting the process of making a change. I can get how some might have held out hope after the Bears game, but this performance Sunday should've removed all doubt about the direction of Hundley's career.

Rodgers has proven to be a guy who get injured on occasion. We need to know what we have at backup QB. Callahan should get playing time in December once the chances of reaching the playoffs mathematically even out with the logical chances we all understand by using our eyeballs.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

2. Brett Hundley, Packers

Three interceptions, six sacks in a 23-0 Packers loss to the Ravens

If Hundley doesn't like his first read, he lingers in the pocket, begins drifting to his right, and either A) runs directly into a pass-rusher, B) throws a freebie to the defense, or C) throws the ball away while leaping out of bounds.

Calls it the second worst QB effort of the week: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...t-a-good-thing
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Here is an interesting piece about the perils of finding NFL backup QBs I found on their website today. It was written a couple of years ago.

http://www.nfl.com/qb2

Here is an interesting piece about the perils of finding NFL backup QBs I found on their website today. It was written a couple of years ago.

http://www.nfl.com/qb2
    Here's another one and Hill's still a FA. http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/09/...p-quarterback/

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Calls it the second worst QB effort of the week: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...t-a-good-thing
    How was Prescott not on that list? He arguably had a worse game than Hundley.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Its a good question since same questions basically apply except draw a line through Rodgers and write in Elliot and Tyron Smith.

yeah, he got me fucking negative points

i'm guessing that list was done before he played

Brett Hundley 'Ongoing Discussion':

...Bench him...BENCH HIM..put him on the bench...Please please Bench him...Please pretty Please Please Bench him.

** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I'd give Hundley another game...simply because it will be against the Steelers and I don't think you want Callahan to be in on that drubbing.

If I were McCarthy, I'd be starting the process of making a change. I can get how some might have held out hope after the Bears game, but this performance Sunday should've removed all doubt about the direction of Hundley's career.

Rodgers has proven to be a guy who get injured on occasion. We need to know what we have at backup QB. Callahan should get playing time in December once the chances of reaching the playoffs mathematically even out with the logical chances we all understand by using our eyeballs.
    I don't blame Ted or Mike for not investing a lot into our backup QB. Most teams with a good or elite QB will spend their roster capital on the rest of the roster. Nobody cared about our backup until the unthinkable happened and now folks are calling for Mike and Ted's heads.

I don't blame Ted or Mike for not investing a lot into our backup QB. Most teams with a good or elite QB will spend their roster capital on the rest of the roster. Nobody cared about our backup until the unthinkable happened and now folks are calling for Mike and Ted's heads.
    This is Brett Hundley's Contract; and there is certainly 'no waste' there:

https://overthecap.com/player/brett-hundley/3995

So what is going to happen after three wasted Seasons and one more to go and Brett Hundley:

This about covers that and MM's FAIL with this hardly qualified Backup QB:

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...ewhere-someday

Now back to you and "spend their (TT's and BRASS) roster capital on the rest of the roster:

What about the waste right here and Clay Matthews and whatever LBer he is today? Here's clear WASTE and CAP Space.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay...matthews-5670/

The names of former DB Draft Picks Hyde and Hayward are very clear wastes and the Famous BULLSHIT Ted Thompson Draft and Develop under Mike McCarthy and his Coaches Stable Program....NOT !

Two Thumbs Down and that crap out of Ted Thompson's Office.

Ted Thompson absolutely has to go for way too many reasons.

Kid looks composed out there tonight. He’s grown a lot.

Now that was a nice gameplan and a good performance out of Hundley. Made some nice reads and throws.