Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers Saints Game Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Can somebody please get a helmet on Cam Jordan.
    That guy is a beast and will terrorize QBs for years.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Holy cannoli. 87 yards passing? Maybe I won't watch it.
    After the first half, there isn't much to recommend it. If it was a play, it wouldn't open again next weekend.

In the second half there was one D stand and some Aaron Jones.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    how many quick slants, bubbles, and screens can we see today? Brees just looks like he's playing Madden agains the Packers....but Madden might be tougher.
    Brees can make a lot of defenses look silly...

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    That sucked royally. Dang. I'm losing hope in this game.
    Did you really expect us to win this game?

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    Saints are really pretty good. We just don't have a QB yet.
    And without a dynamite defense you are really screwed without a good QB. Do any of you think New Orleans would be winning this game if they lost Brees for the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Pretty bad before half time too considering we had two turnovers and a couple huge runs by Jones. We stunk it up today.
    You have to wonder if this game would have turned out differently had we had a QB who could have taken advantage of those 2 early INTs...

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Yeah but our defense looks silly with regularity week to week. That's a cop out.

so why did they look silly last week against some guy whose name i can't even remember?

or almost every other game of almost every other season since the super bowl win?

when a guy like brett hundley goes up against our defense in his first start, he has a career game

And without a dynamite defense you are really screwed without a good QB. Do any of you think New Orleans would be winning this game if they lost Brees for the season?
    yes, because their backup QB probably would have thrown for 300 yards and a couple of TD's against our D

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Yeah but our defense looks silly with regularity week to week. That's a cop out.
    Boy, you guys are really pissed. Its hysterical some of you expected a different outcome today.

Boy, you guys are really pissed. Its hysterical some of you expected a different outcome today.
    We built our entire offense around Rodgers. AR takes 100% of the snaps during practice every week during the season. The only snaps Hundley or Callahan get are scout team and preseason. AR basically chooses what receivers he has enough confidence in for the team to use. For anyone to think that this offense was going to move along at anywhere near the clip that it did pre-injury is kind of crazy. The NFL limits the kind and duration of practices during the season. My guess is that it will take a minimum of 4 games to get Hundley up to speed and his speed is likely to be a fraction of ARs speed. MM is never going to say that he wasn't expecting an outcome like today, but he was and he'll expect an outcome similar on their next game unless the opponents defense is significantly worse. I remember 2013 with Tolzien and Wallace. This should be much the same except we won't look for a Veteran like Flynn.

The confusing part to this week as it ended is:

What was Mike McCarthy expecting?

Except for the BS he would spin after an inevitable loss to a very HOT New Orleans Saints Team.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    We built our entire offense around Rodgers. AR takes 100% of the snaps during practice every week during the season. The only snaps Hundley or Callahan get are scout team and preseason. AR basically chooses what receivers he has enough confidence in for the team to use. For anyone to think that this offense was going to move along at anywhere near the clip that it did pre-injury is kind of crazy. The NFL limits the kind and duration of practices during the season. My guess is that it will take a minimum of 4 games to get Hundley up to speed and his speed is likely to be a fraction of ARs speed. MM is never going to say that he wasn't expecting an outcome like today, but he was and he'll expect an outcome similar on their next game unless the opponents defense is significantly worse. I remember 2013 with Tolzien and Wallace. This should be much the same except we won't look for a Veteran like Flynn.
    Yes, it may take Hundley a few games before this offense looks decent. I will say he's better than any QB we had behind Rodgers in 2013...

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Did you really expect us to win this game?
    I didn't really expect to win per se, but we certainly made it a game and even had a lead in the 4th quarter. The Packers are experts at getting me to believe during the game before ripping my heart out and losing anyway.

Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post

That guy is a beast and will terrorize QBs for years.
    Cam Jordan's NFL Stat's:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6507/cameron-jordan
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post

Cam Jordan's NFL Stat's:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6507/cameron-jordan
    It's unfortunate those stats don't include pressures and QB hits. That would give a much more accurate view of how much he disrupted this game.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    It's unfortunate those stats don't include pressures and QB hits. That would give a much more accurate view of how much he disrupted this game.
    Would be nice to know. Saints defense had sixteen deflections against the Lions - and scored 3 TDs. That's just astonishing.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Shame of these last two games is they are games Green Bay undoubtedly wins with Rodgers and weren't even competitive in either game without him, though they did actually manage a lead against the Saints at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Shame of these last two games is they are games Green Bay undoubtedly wins with Rodgers and weren't even competitive in either game without him, though they did actually manage a lead against the Saints at halftime.
    At halftime? They lead in the 4th quarter until 10:21 left in the game.
    The game was there to be won, if the defense could have made a stop sometime in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    The game was there to be won, if the defense could have scored sometime in the second half.
    Fixed it for you.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.