Thread: Official Packers Saints Game Day Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Boy, you guys are really pissed. Its hysterical some of you expected a different outcome today.
    We built our entire offense around Rodgers. AR takes 100% of the snaps during practice every week during the season. The only snaps Hundley or Callahan get are scout team and preseason. AR basically chooses what receivers he has enough confidence in for the team to use. For anyone to think that this offense was going to move along at anywhere near the clip that it did pre-injury is kind of crazy. The NFL limits the kind and duration of practices during the season. My guess is that it will take a minimum of 4 games to get Hundley up to speed and his speed is likely to be a fraction of ARs speed. MM is never going to say that he wasn't expecting an outcome like today, but he was and he'll expect an outcome similar on their next game unless the opponents defense is significantly worse. I remember 2013 with Tolzien and Wallace. This should be much the same except we won't look for a Veteran like Flynn.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    We built our entire offense around Rodgers. AR takes 100% of the snaps during practice every week during the season. The only snaps Hundley or Callahan get are scout team and preseason. AR basically chooses what receivers he has enough confidence in for the team to use. For anyone to think that this offense was going to move along at anywhere near the clip that it did pre-injury is kind of crazy. The NFL limits the kind and duration of practices during the season. My guess is that it will take a minimum of 4 games to get Hundley up to speed and his speed is likely to be a fraction of ARs speed. MM is never going to say that he wasn't expecting an outcome like today, but he was and he'll expect an outcome similar on their next game unless the opponents defense is significantly worse. I remember 2013 with Tolzien and Wallace. This should be much the same except we won't look for a Veteran like Flynn.
    Yes, it may take Hundley a few games before this offense looks decent. I will say he's better than any QB we had behind Rodgers in 2013...