Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 4 vs. New Orleans

More Banjo: Week 4 vs. New Orleans

Well, did you see anything positive in Hundley?

Not much down the field. Made some decent decisions to throw it away, decent decisions on when to run (seemed to get happy feet about outside tackle pressure in middle of game) and terrible decisions to throw into double coverage.

I have a hard time with the idea that this was Hundley's best offense. I think this was conservative based on beat up O line.

The throws he was best at in preseason were sorely lacking. Lotta stuff to flat for no yards. One nice design of flat pass to Cobb and one nice pass to seam for Bennett.

I think Hundley has more than this to show, but the O line might be getting in the way. 2 deep throws were reported under thrown. The throws to double coverage (three to my count) aren't helping their case.

On the injury front, I don't think they lost anyone else there.

House left the game to make appearance in the tent of mysteries.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 2h2 hours ago
    Clinton-Dix not on the injury report but hardly did any of the jog-through stuff this week and slow to close on the third-and-long.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde 12m12 minutes ago
    #Packers needed to run the ball well, play well on defense and have Hundley make a few plays and limit mistakes without 12. Got one (Jones).

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13 11m11 minutes ago
    #Packers fall to the #Saints, 26-17. The playoffs seem miles away. Hundley finished 12 of 25 for 87 yards and one INT. Passer rating 39.9

I WOULD SAY HE MISSED HIS TARGET BY MORE THAN A FEW THROWS. DID MAKE SOME PLAYS WITH HIS FEET.

Jason Wilde‏Verified account @jasonjwilde 2m2 minutes ago
    McCarthy using strong words (“disgusted” with second half, etc.) But last line was strongest: “Just pin it on the head coach today, OK?”
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Marty Bennett led the Packers with 17 receiving yards. These are Jerry Tagge-era type numbers.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    “Just pin it on the head coach today, OK?”[/B]
    Pretty much nailed it.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Let's face it. In this game, Hundley was not ready for prime time. Jones, on the other hand, looks to be the real deal.

Jason Wilde‏Verified account @jasonjwilde 2m2 minutes ago
    McCarthy using strong words (“disgusted” with second half, etc.) But last line was strongest: “Just pin it on the head coach today, OK?”
    I think a few people here will be okay with that.

just remember that mike the next time you have one of those "I'm a good nfl coach, i've won a lot of games" episodes

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    Let's face it. In this game, Hundley was not ready for prime time. Jones, on the other hand, looks to be the real deal.
    Jones has really good running back instincts. Great vision. A knack for twisting out of tackles. Surprising power too. I think he's the best RB we have. I wish they'd throw to him way more.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

we've been hearing for 2 or 3 years from the team that hundley has "it. the green bay reporters, which are just the propaganda wing of the organization keep telling us the same thing

we haven't seen it, because he barely even plays in the preseason

now we've gotten to see fat mikes protege take over. last week it wasn't pretty. mike says it was because they weren't prepared for him to play

we were told that after a full week of preparation, he would be ready

he was nowhere near ready

have we had smoke blown up our asses all this time? was it just the team and their band of reporters trying to increase his trade value?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    we've been hearing for 2 or 3 years from the team that hundley has "it. the green bay reporters, which are just the propaganda wing of the organization keep telling us the same thing

now we've gotten to see fat mikes protege take over. last week it wasn't pretty. mike says it was because they weren't prepared for him to play

have we had smoke blown up our asses all this time? was it just the team and their band of reporters trying to increase his trade value?
    He's no Dak Prescott, that's for sure.

Well, did you see anything positive in Hundley?

Not much down the field. Made some decent decisions to throw it away, decent decisions on when to run (seemed to get happy feet about outside tackle pressure in middle of game) and terrible decisions to throw into double coverage.

I have a hard time with the idea that this was Hundley's best offense. I think this was conservative based on beat up O line.

The throws he was best at in preseason were sorely lacking. Lotta stuff to flat for no yards. One nice design of flat pass to Cobb and one nice pass to seam for Bennett.

I think Hundley has more than this to show, but the O line might be getting in the way. 2 deep throws were reported under thrown. The throws to double coverage (three to my count) aren't helping their case.

On the injury front, I don't think they lost anyone else there.

House left the game to make appearance in the tent of mysteries.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 2h2 hours ago
    Clinton-Dix not on the injury report but hardly did any of the jog-through stuff this week and slow to close on the third-and-long.
    How did Jordy Nelson look today? Was he double covered?

I know he caught just 1 Pass for 13 Yards.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

All of that.

Brett Hundley is going to have a shot in the CFL some day.

He looks like a CFL style QB to me and 'no way' will he succeed in the NFL.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

MM is doing his best not to let him be overwhelmed. He's not as far along as Rodgers was when he took over, but he's a 5th round draft pick project. He needs 5 or 6 games of experience before we can say he's a bust.

Well M3 and T2 were right about Rodgers when no one in their right mind thought they would be. In fact, most didn't even consider Rodgers early career on par with Hasselback.

So I am willing to give them time on this one. But this season doesn't allow for a lot of time for development.

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde 37m37 minutes ago
    McCarthy also said “It’s a crime to say we didn’t show up for 4 quarters.” And took blame for Hundley not being comfortable in the pocket.

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 25s26 seconds ago
    Davon House said the hit from Brice knocked the wind out of him. He felt fine afterward. However, he said his quad was less than 90 percent.

SO HOUSE - LUNG OR DIAPHRAGM, NOT HOUSE - CONCUSSION

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 43m43 minutes ago
    #Packers said Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is not injured. He hasn’t been receiving treatment for anything. The mystery of his poor play continues.

Well M3 and T2 were right about Rodgers when no one in their right mind thought they would be. In fact, most didn't even consider Rodgers early career on par with Hasselback.

So I am willing to give them time on this one. But this season doesn't allow for a lot of time for development.
    really?

rodgers was being debated as the #1 pick just a few days before the draft, but somehow slipped all the way to us

if you're being discussed as the top overall pick in the draft, you are an elite prospect

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    MM is doing his best not to let him be overwhelmed. He's not as far along as Rodgers was when he took over, but he's a 5th round draft pick project. He needs 5 or 6 games of experience before we can say he's a bust.
    how many times have we seem other first time starting QB's light us up over the years? it happens quite a bit

87 yards and a sub 40 QB rating is pathetic no matter what

Original Tweet was McCarthy saying "Put it on the coach"

Justin D. Hein‏ @jdhein22
    He knows he got out coached and lost and very winnable game bc of it.

Aaron Nagler‏ @AaronNagler 52m52 minutes ago
    Agree with this assessment.

really?

rodgers was being debated as the #1 pick just a few days before the draft, but somehow slipped all the way to us

if you're being discussed as the top overall pick in the draft, you are an elite prospect
    Why is anyone talking anything and Aaron Rodgers (compared to) Brett Hundley?

It's like comparing diamonds to coal.

really?

So you don't remember the Favre controversy? Or the fact that Rodgers first season preseason games were pretty bad? And that he only had one preseason where he looked even as good as Hasselback did?

I don't remember anyone hanging their hat on the #1 draft pick consideration in 2008.