Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 4 vs. New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    This game wasn't nearly as close as you seem to have seen it. Either it's your homerism or something you are smoking, or both.
    Eh, prolly somewhere in between. I just look at the scoreboard, time left, down and distance, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    This is an 8-8 team at the end of the season (at best) if Hundley progresses. Before that, the offense is below average so your looking at 4-12 to 6-10.
    Do we really want to end up 8-8? If we aren't gonna go deep into the playoffs what good is 8-8? I'm not saying let's tank but it wouldn't be the worst thing to have highish draft pick for a change to inject more talent in this team for when Rodgers returns in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Eh, prolly somewhere in between. I just look at the scoreboard, time left, down and distance, etc.
    What happened today would not surprize a large percentage of Packer fans in Packer Nation.

Vegas had the Packers at about 6.5 Point Favourites to defeat New Orleans when Aaron Rodgers was available and this week that totally swung to NO as 6.5 Point Fav's.That's nearly a 2 TD swing.

The Saints came to Lambeau today very HOT. This was the Saints game to lose.

This week I watched a segment on the NFL Network where about six guys were asked about all the Teams chances of making the Playoffs. NOONE said that the Packers would make the playoffs after losing Aaron Rodgers.

It's over for the Packers and this Season.
    It is simply what it is and as sad as that is; very highly probably the case.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 10-22-2017 at 07:12 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by ZachMN View Post
    Are you serious? The D has been a joke for YEARS! You want aspects? Tackling, scheme, talent evaluation, philosophy- that's on Stubby 100%- and their production- yeah we have an epic offense but at the end of the day you need to get teams off the field and ours gets ground up, exploded, picked apart, dinked and dunked-it gets beat IN EVERY ASPECT BY EVERY STYLE OF OFFENSE REGULARLY! It is a fatal flaw.
    Wow, I am now convinced. That is one heck of a dissertation.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    What happened today would not surprize a large percentage of Packer fans in Packer Nation.

Vegas had the Packers at about 6.5 Point Favourites to defeat New Orleans when Aaron Rodgers was available and this week that totally swung to NO as 6.5 Point Fav's.That's nearly a 2 TD swing.

The Saints came to Lambeau today very HOT. This was the Saints game to lose.

This week I watched a segment on the NFL Network where about six guys were asked about all the Teams chances of making the Playoffs. NOONE said that the Packers would make the playoffs after losing Aaron Rodgers.

It's over for the Packers and this Season.
    Voice of reason.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    why would the playbook have to be cut down at all?

the guys been the top backup for 3 years, its not like he just got the playbook last week

he has been, or should have been running all these plays for 3 years
    Backups don't practice during the season and they practice mainly with 2nd team. Gonna take some time and a modified offense.

Are you serious? The D has been a joke for YEARS! You want aspects? Tackling, scheme, talent evaluation, philosophy- that's on Stubby 100%- and their production- yeah we have an epic offense but at the end of the day you need to get teams off the field and ours gets ground up, exploded, picked apart, dinked and dunked-it gets beat IN EVERY ASPECT BY EVERY STYLE OF OFFENSE REGULARLY! It is a fatal flaw.
    That doesn't explain the defense outplaying the offense in 2 of the last five post seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Do we really want to end up 8-8? If we aren't gonna go deep into the playoffs what good is 8-8? I'm not saying let's tank but it wouldn't be the worst thing to have highish draft pick for a change to inject more talent in this team for when Rodgers returns in 2018.
    I am starting to agree with you. But even if Hundley proves unworthy they are going to get to 6-8 wins.

Jason Wilde

He [Ha Ha Clinton Dix] looks hurt. Darren Perry basically admitted it and then backed off. Can't imagine he's regressed. But if you aren't on the INJ report ...
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Years ago, I might have agreed, but that losing spirit it devastating. You really can lose guys and a team if they start thinking they're not playing to win. Down that road lies the Cleveland Browns.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jason Wilde

He [Ha Ha Clinton Dix] looks hurt. Darren Perry basically admitted it and then backed off. Can't imagine he's regressed. But if you aren't on the INJ report ...
    C-D turned down some hits. Had a chance to go up and compete and separate receiver from ball and turned it down. Something not right. I thought perhaps it was being worried about letting guys get behind him with replacements out there. Lingering injury would explain a lot.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Heh, didn’t Hodge from ESPN say on draft day 2008 that Brohm was the Packers QB of the future and Rodgers wouldn’t amount to anything?

Hundley might turn out to be good, he might not. But I guarantee some of the same people here talking shit were saying Rodgers was injury prone and couldn’t play. Telford QBs never amount to anything. He doesn’t have the arm. He dropped in the draft for a reason.

Blah blah blah. Same shit, different year.

Edited for horrible spelling.
    Last edited by Zool; 10-22-2017 at 11:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

My problem is with M3 and the Defense. I can live with the drop off on offense but the d has been a festering sore for years. I'm not even going to go into detail as every aspect of the is a problem from the play calling to the players to the philosophy.
    Won't or can't?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I'm still gonna defend Hundley. The O Line was as shitty as ever other than opening holes for a couple of running plays on the first series, and our receivers got exposed as being overrated because Rodgers is so good, that and the piss poor play calling of McCarthy.

In addition, New Orleans was a little better than I expected on defense. It must be nice to have a real O Line like they had (and like virtually every team in the league has better than the Packers' O Line).
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Years ago, I might have agreed, but that losing spirit it devastating. You really can lose guys and a team if they start thinking they're not playing to win. Down that road lies the Cleveland Browns.
    I'm not advocating we deliberately tank but if we lose most of the rest of our games it might not be the worst thing.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I'm not advocating we deliberately tank but if we lose most of the rest of our games it might not be the worst thing.
    Hundley continuing to perform at yesterday's level will do the trick.

I didn't see the game except on Red Zone, so I didn't really get to see much. Who stopped our running game more New Orleans or McCarthy? Did anyone else think he could have tried sticking to the run more an used it to open up opportunities for the passing game? Was that not possible?

Are we getting the kind of pass rush that will help the back end of the defense? Not sacks but hurries, pressures and hits. Anything to move the QB off his mark. I wasn't seeing much in the limited highlights I was able to see.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

^^^ I need to look at the actual numbers, but it didn't seem to me very few passes came off play-action. It's like the Packers forgot that exists. If you can run for close to 200 yards, there's no reason to put Hundley in shotgun or pistol for passes. Run more play-action until Hundley can dissect a defense like Rodgers. At least that might open the middle of the field a little more

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'm still gonna defend Hundley. The O Line was as shitty as ever other than opening holes for a couple of running plays on the first series, and our receivers got exposed as being overrated because Rodgers is so good, that and the piss poor play calling of McCarthy.
    He had time. Tackles held up well. McCray had trouble a couple of times, usually with stunts, but was not a tire fire. There were opportunities to make throws.

The WRs weren't very open, but that is par for the course. I do think Cobb has gotten healthy enough to be a threat again. Every time they ran four verticals (twice by my count) he got open against safety/slot CB.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    ^^^ I need to look at the actual numbers, but it didn't seem to me very few passes came off play-action. It's like the Packers forgot that exists. If you can run for close to 200 yards, there's no reason to put Hundley in shotgun or pistol for passes. Run more play-action until Hundley can dissect a defense like Rodgers. At least that might open the middle of the field a little more
    In the first half, they ran a lot of option out of the gun. Not option as in Nebraska, but QB/RB option. Jones got some yards that way and it was affecting the ILBs.

I *think* his best completion to Bennett was off this, but might be misremembering.

So play action did work because of the dual threat, but they went away from it in second half.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    In the first half, they ran a lot of option out of the gun. Not option as in Nebraska, but QB/RB option. Jones got some yards that way and it was affecting the ILBs.

I *think* his best completion to Bennett was off this, but might be misremembering.

So play action did work because of the dual threat, but they went away from it in second half.
    I'll have to look again too. Seems like your mixing together two types of options. The QB/RB option actually worked a little - probably would work even better with Kaepernick in there at QB, but maybe Hundley is faster at this point.

What I was taking about is play action passing from under center. I know the Packers run play action off pistol as well, but they were running off single running back look and Hundley under center. Seems like play action would work there and open things up a bit, in the passing game, especially if they aren't going to be able to run the Rodgers offense - especially extended plays and looking for receivers to come open after running primary pattern.