Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 4 vs. New Orleans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

More Banjo: Week 4 vs. New Orleans

Well, did you see anything positive in Hundley?

Not much down the field. Made some decent decisions to throw it away, decent decisions on when to run (seemed to get happy feet about outside tackle pressure in middle of game) and terrible decisions to throw into double coverage.

I have a hard time with the idea that this was Hundley's best offense. I think this was conservative based on beat up O line.

The throws he was best at in preseason were sorely lacking. Lotta stuff to flat for no yards. One nice design of flat pass to Cobb and one nice pass to seam for Bennett.

I think Hundley has more than this to show, but the O line might be getting in the way. 2 deep throws were reported under thrown. The throws to double coverage (three to my count) aren't helping their case.

On the injury front, I don't think they lost anyone else there.

House left the game to make appearance in the tent of mysteries.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 2h2 hours ago
    Clinton-Dix not on the injury report but hardly did any of the jog-through stuff this week and slow to close on the third-and-long.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde 12m12 minutes ago
    #Packers needed to run the ball well, play well on defense and have Hundley make a few plays and limit mistakes without 12. Got one (Jones).

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13 11m11 minutes ago
    #Packers fall to the #Saints, 26-17. The playoffs seem miles away. Hundley finished 12 of 25 for 87 yards and one INT. Passer rating 39.9

I WOULD SAY HE MISSED HIS TARGET BY MORE THAN A FEW THROWS. DID MAKE SOME PLAYS WITH HIS FEET.

Jason Wilde‏Verified account @jasonjwilde 2m2 minutes ago
    McCarthy using strong words (“disgusted” with second half, etc.) But last line was strongest: “Just pin it on the head coach today, OK?”
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    “Just pin it on the head coach today, OK?”[/B]
    Pretty much nailed it.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Jason Wilde‏Verified account @jasonjwilde 2m2 minutes ago
    McCarthy using strong words (“disgusted” with second half, etc.) But last line was strongest: “Just pin it on the head coach today, OK?”
    I think a few people here will be okay with that.

we've been hearing for 2 or 3 years from the team that hundley has "it. the green bay reporters, which are just the propaganda wing of the organization keep telling us the same thing

we haven't seen it, because he barely even plays in the preseason

now we've gotten to see fat mikes protege take over. last week it wasn't pretty. mike says it was because they weren't prepared for him to play

we were told that after a full week of preparation, he would be ready

he was nowhere near ready

have we had smoke blown up our asses all this time? was it just the team and their band of reporters trying to increase his trade value?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    we've been hearing for 2 or 3 years from the team that hundley has "it. the green bay reporters, which are just the propaganda wing of the organization keep telling us the same thing

now we've gotten to see fat mikes protege take over. last week it wasn't pretty. mike says it was because they weren't prepared for him to play

have we had smoke blown up our asses all this time? was it just the team and their band of reporters trying to increase his trade value?
    He's no Dak Prescott, that's for sure.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

All of that.

Brett Hundley is going to have a shot in the CFL some day.

He looks like a CFL style QB to me and 'no way' will he succeed in the NFL.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

MM is doing his best not to let him be overwhelmed. He's not as far along as Rodgers was when he took over, but he's a 5th round draft pick project. He needs 5 or 6 games of experience before we can say he's a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    MM is doing his best not to let him be overwhelmed. He's not as far along as Rodgers was when he took over, but he's a 5th round draft pick project. He needs 5 or 6 games of experience before we can say he's a bust.
    how many times have we seem other first time starting QB's light us up over the years? it happens quite a bit

87 yards and a sub 40 QB rating is pathetic no matter what

Marty Bennett led the Packers with 17 receiving yards. These are Jerry Tagge-era type numbers.

Let's face it. In this game, Hundley was not ready for prime time. Jones, on the other hand, looks to be the real deal.

Let's face it. In this game, Hundley was not ready for prime time. Jones, on the other hand, looks to be the real deal.
    Jones has really good running back instincts. Great vision. A knack for twisting out of tackles. Surprising power too. I think he's the best RB we have. I wish they'd throw to him way more.

To me, both of these items are critical indictments on McCarthy's ability as a head coach.

Hundley was supposed to be a great young QB who could step in and do just as well as Matt Flynn used to. If you have to dial up a game plan that looked more like one from 100 years ago for your #2 QB, then you have the wrong #2 QB. I don't give a crap about the OL or anything else...the Packers are playing to win, and it is basically impossible to win in the modern NFL with only a handful of throws more than 10-15 yards downfield. So McCarthy set the team up for failure.

Jones started the season stashed way down the depth chart, yet he clearly is the best RB we have on the roster. McCarthy wasn't able to see that before injuries finally gave Jones a chance on the field? Either Jones only shows up to play on Sundays (doubtful) or McCarthy does not have the ability to identify talent very well at the RB position.

I think the rest of this season is going to be very poor...because McCarthy really isn't that good of a coach. Rodgers may only get 1 SB appearance in his entire career...and if that happens, I put the entire blame on Stubby.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    To me, both of these items are critical indictments on McCarthy's ability as a head coach.

Hundley was supposed to be a great young QB who could step in and do just as well as Matt Flynn used to. If you have to dial up a game plan that looked more like one from 100 years ago for your #2 QB, then you have the wrong #2 QB. I don't give a crap about the OL or anything else...the Packers are playing to win, and it is basically impossible to win in the modern NFL with only a handful of throws more than 10-15 yards downfield. So McCarthy set the team up for failure.

Jones started the season stashed way down the depth chart, yet he clearly is the best RB we have on the roster. McCarthy wasn't able to see that before injuries finally gave Jones a chance on the field? Either Jones only shows up to play on Sundays (doubtful) or McCarthy does not have the ability to identify talent very well at the RB position.

I think the rest of this season is going to be very poor...because McCarthy really isn't that good of a coach. Rodgers may only get 1 SB appearance in his entire career...and if that happens, I put the entire blame on Stubby.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Want to hear the most annoying sound in the world?

579!

(Capers feels left out)
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Not sure I agree with this. I think it will take a minimum of 4 games to get Hundley playing at full speed. I can't blame MM that Rodgers was taking 100% of the snaps during the season and Hundley only takes scout team snaps. The only game action Hundley has had is preseason in 2 of the 3 prior years against vanilla defenses playing mainly with our backups. The CBA even limits practice reps before the season and during the season. We'll have a better feel for Hundley around the Ravens or Steelers game.

Also, I think Jones didn't play because his pass protection was not supposed to be as good as Williams. Montgomery is the more dynamic receiver and with Rodgers at QB, the more dynamic receiver would be preferred. I think our needs have changed since Rodgers' injury. Now we need the more explosive runner to take pressure off Hundley.

just remember that mike the next time you have one of those "I'm a good nfl coach, i've won a lot of games" episodes

Well, did you see anything positive in Hundley?

Not much down the field. Made some decent decisions to throw it away, decent decisions on when to run (seemed to get happy feet about outside tackle pressure in middle of game) and terrible decisions to throw into double coverage.

I have a hard time with the idea that this was Hundley's best offense. I think this was conservative based on beat up O line.

The throws he was best at in preseason were sorely lacking. Lotta stuff to flat for no yards. One nice design of flat pass to Cobb and one nice pass to seam for Bennett.

I think Hundley has more than this to show, but the O line might be getting in the way. 2 deep throws were reported under thrown. The throws to double coverage (three to my count) aren't helping their case.

On the injury front, I don't think they lost anyone else there.

House left the game to make appearance in the tent of mysteries.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 2h2 hours ago
    Clinton-Dix not on the injury report but hardly did any of the jog-through stuff this week and slow to close on the third-and-long.
    How did Jordy Nelson look today? Was he double covered?

I know he caught just 1 Pass for 13 Yards.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Well M3 and T2 were right about Rodgers when no one in their right mind thought they would be. In fact, most didn't even consider Rodgers early career on par with Hasselback.

So I am willing to give them time on this one. But this season doesn't allow for a lot of time for development.

Well M3 and T2 were right about Rodgers when no one in their right mind thought they would be. In fact, most didn't even consider Rodgers early career on par with Hasselback.

So I am willing to give them time on this one. But this season doesn't allow for a lot of time for development.
    really?

rodgers was being debated as the #1 pick just a few days before the draft, but somehow slipped all the way to us

if you're being discussed as the top overall pick in the draft, you are an elite prospect