Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
In the first half, they ran a lot of option out of the gun. Not option as in Nebraska, but QB/RB option. Jones got some yards that way and it was affecting the ILBs.

I *think* his best completion to Bennett was off this, but might be misremembering.

So play action did work because of the dual threat, but they went away from it in second half.
I'll have to look again too. Seems like your mixing together two types of options. The QB/RB option actually worked a little - probably would work even better with Kaepernick in there at QB, but maybe Hundley is faster at this point.

What I was taking about is play action passing from under center. I know the Packers run play action off pistol as well, but they were running off single running back look and Hundley under center. Seems like play action would work there and open things up a bit, in the passing game, especially if they aren't going to be able to run the Rodgers offense - especially extended plays and looking for receivers to come open after running primary pattern.