Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: More Banjo: Week 4 vs. New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    To be honest, I am more frustrated with the D and STs. The O lost it's leader, yet they put together an effective running game. At times Hundley did some good things. I didn't expect much more. They had a lead to start the 4th quarter, and NO was at their own 14. A stop by the D could have given GB some control. it took them 60 yards to make the "stop", holding the saints to a FG. The possession was only 8 plays, yet Matthews and Perry apparently had to be rested for a couple of the big ones. If these guys are worth their salaries, where were they?
    The Packer 'O' was bad on 3rd Downs. The Packer Passing Game wasn't at all adequate to ever imagine competing in the NFL. The Offensive Game Plan wasn't at all adequate.

New Orleans Stat's Vs Green Bay

Total First Downs 25 Total First Downs 16
    By Rushing 7 By Rushing 8
    By Passing 16 By Passing 4
    By Penalty 2 By Penalty 4

Third Down Efficiency 8/15 - 53% Third Down Efficiency 4/11 - 36%

Fourth Down Efficiency 1/1 - 100% Fourth Down Efficiency 0/0 - 0%

Total Net Yards 485 Total Net Yards 260

Total Rushing/Passing Plays (includes Sacks) 75 Total Rushing/Passing Plays (includes Sacks) 50

Average Gain per Offensive Play 6.5 Average Gain per Offensive Play 5.2

Net Yards Rushing 161 Net Yards Rushing 181

Total Rushing Plays 36 Total Rushing Plays 24

Average Gain per Rushing Play 4.5 Average Gain per Rushing Play 7.5

Tackled for a Loss (Number-Yards) 2--5 Tackled for a Loss (Number-Yards) 3--6

Net Yards Passing 324 Net Yards Passing 79

Times Sacked (Number-Yards) 1 - 7 Times Sacked (Number-Yards) 1 - 8

Gross Yards Passing 331 Gross Yards Passing 87

Pass Comp-Att-Int 27 - 38 - 2 Pass Comp-Att-Int 12 - 25 - 1
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Monty was over 5 yards a carry last year. There is a reason you never would have known about Jones if Monty doesn't take a shot in the ribs.

Jones is a more natural back, especially running between the tackles. But the idea that Monty is now worthless is an over-reaction.

Job #1 is keeping Rodgers upright. Jones needed work.
    Sorry PB...but you are kind of missing a guy on the depth in between these two. That is where I view Stubby's mistake and judge his ability on determining (and utilizing) RB talent.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Sorry PB...but you are kind of missing a guy on the depth in between these two. That is where I view Stubby's mistake and judge his ability on determining (and utilizing) RB talent.
    Perhaps, but they probably just liked the security of having a better blocker available.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Montgomery showed quickness and power last season to get good yardage when a hole opened. Jones showed better quickness, but more significantly this season, he showed that he could innovate - bounce or reverse his field or whatever and gain good yards when there was no hole, as happens so often with our O Line.

Just the same, keeping Montgomery is obvious, considering the possibility of injury to Jones. I'd like to see some use of Davonte Mays also. He looked pretty good in the preseason.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

"Hundley wasn't given a lot of opportunities. Maybe if defense gets off field a few more times he has more opportunities."

Uh oh. When the head coach starts saying things like this, maybe the defensive coordinator better start planning his retirement.

I did not think Hundley played well, and after two-and-a-half years of Hundley watching and practicing, I expected better. He's not some rookie being tossed in the fire. After all, MM got all pissed when someone asked him about signing CK, saying MM's got three years wrapped up in Hundley. I didn't see a guy that looked prepared.

The defense was awful in the fourth quarter, too. There is just no pass rush whatsoever. When NO would get stopped on first and second down, I always thought it was no big deal because Brees could easily get big chunks of yards on third down. And he often did.

This team is in a funk. They need to snap out of it or it will be a long, awful season.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    "Hundley wasn't given a lot of opportunities. Maybe if defense gets off field a few more times he has more opportunities."

Uh oh. When the head coach starts saying things like this, maybe the defensive coordinator better start planning his retirement.

I did not think Hundley played well, and after two-and-a-half years of Hundley watching and practicing, I expected better. He's not some rookie being tossed in the fire. After all, MM got all pissed when someone asked him about signing CK, saying MM's got three years wrapped up in Hundley. I didn't see a guy that looked prepared.

The defense was awful in the fourth quarter, too. There is just no pass rush whatsoever. When NO would get stopped on first and second down, I always thought it was no big deal because Brees could easily get big chunks of yards on third down. And he often did.

This team is in a funk. They need to snap out of it or it will be a long, awful season.
    Yes.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Maybe with Rodgers gone the entire world will finally see we need a new direction on defense. We can only hope...