Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 4 vs. New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    On the broadcast of the late game last night, one of the announcers said that most teams don't practice (in pads?) on Fridays, but New England does. I think he said that works out to many, many hours of practice more for New England over the whole season. It's why they are so well prepared.

You know I was thinking that maybe the owners and players shot themselves in the foot by negotiating all these practice rules in the CBA. It's probably affecting the quality of product that's put on the field Sundays and might also have something to do with all the injuries. Ultimately, both wind up diminishing interest in the games and NFL attendance/profits suffer.
    Many teams have substituted Saturday for Friday. Total number of padded practices are the same for all teams. So its not a net gain. Supposed to allow for peak performance on Sunday.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Article 24 ?

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com...-2011-2020.pdf

Regards time, place and amounts of padded practices, AKA live fire.

Don't know for sure, but seems to fit.
    That's it, mandated four days off, Thursday through Sunday.

Article 24
    Section 2.
    Bye Weeks: During any regular season bye week period occurring during the term of this Agreement, players will be given a minimum of four consecutive days off. Such four-day period must include a Saturday and a Sunday unless the Club is scheduled to play a game on the Thursday following the bye week, in which case players may be required to report to the Club on the Sunday preceding the Thursday game. In such an event, the four-day period shall be Wednesday through Saturday. Any injured player may be required to undergo medical or rehabilitation treatment during such four-day period provided that such treatment is deemed reasonably necessary by the Club’s medical staff.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ben Fennell‏ @BenFennell_NFL 3h3 hours ago

#Packers 20+ runs...

Weeks 1-6: 1 run, 0 TDs
    Week 7 vs NOR: 3 runs, 1 TD

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    You take Thursday through Sunday off, or you're effing out of football!!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Many teams have substituted Saturday for Friday. Total number of padded practices are the same for all teams. So its not a net gain. Supposed to allow for peak performance on Sunday.
    So the announcer was wrong. It was probably Collingsworth.

Anyway, my point's still valid, isn't it? These millionaire players are featherbedding!
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Monty was over 5 yards a carry last year. There is a reason you never would have known about Jones if Monty doesn't take a shot in the ribs.

Jones is a more natural back, especially running between the tackles. But the idea that Monty is now worthless is an over-reaction.

Job #1 is keeping Rodgers upright. Jones needed work.
    Jones did a great job blocking yesterday from what I saw.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Dammit, hate when facts get in the way of an interesting and intelligent conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Jones did a great job blocking yesterday from what I saw.
    He knocked his guy down once even while falling himself.

He's willing and that is half the battle.

Over on Footballs Future there is a great thread in the Packers' subforum of a poster breaking down Hundley's plays in Sunday's game. There were some nice plays called by Stubby that Hundley missed on.

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/t...ley-breakdown/
    Last edited by Pugger; 10-24-2017 at 08:29 AM.

Saw this quote from MM yesterday:

McCarthy added: "You know, Madden Football screwed this whole thing up. It was a much better gig before. Everybody knows football so well now.

We know where the game plan and halftime adjustments come from now.

sounds like sarcasm to me! Stubby gettin' testy. I'm betting that Golden Corral buffet didn't go down so well Sunday night...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Over on Footballs Future there is a great thread in the Packers' subforum of a poster breaking down Hundley's plays in Sunday's game. There were some nice plays called by Stubby that Hundley missed on.

Nice clips they have.

I forgot that Nelson went in motion on that Cobb/Jones Read Option and that Adams 8 yard catch on 3rd and 18 was a crossing route.

There is always hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post

You're linking to another forum??? You're in trouble now. Mad's gonna ban you....
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

I listened to the game on Sunday, just watched the end of it this morning. As inconsistent as Hundley and the offense were, they still lead 17-16 with 14:46 to go in the game. Following a kickoff, NO had the ball at their own 14. The game was there to be won.

The defense did nothing to win the game.
    The offense did nothing to win the game.
    STs negated a decent kickoff return with a penalty to put the offense at their own 10 yard line, and had a penalty on a punt.

Embarassing 4th quarter for the entire team.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    You're linking to another forum??? You're in trouble now. Mad's gonna ban you....

Where is Madtownpacker?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I listened to the game on Sunday, just watched the end of it this morning. As inconsistent as Hundley and the offense were, they still lead 17-16 with 14:46 to go in the game. Following a kickoff, NO had the ball at their own 14. The game was there to be won.

The defense did nothing to win the game.
    The offense did nothing to win the game.
    STs negated a decent kickoff return with a penalty to put the offense at their own 10 yard line, and had a penalty on a punt.

Embarassing 4th quarter for the entire team.
    I don't understand what happened with the solid players on 'O'? Where was the play calling and these guys?

Why weren't there more plays to WR's Jordy Nelson, Devanta Adams, Randall Cobb and even Martellus Bennett?

Where are the 10-20 yards crossing routes and shallow Hook Patterns? What happened to the Screen Pass?

It's pretty obvious now that Aaron Jones is the REAL RB and that he has good hands and can even attempt and complete Blocks. Clearly Aaron Jones is our NO. 1 RB. Still MM has to somehow use TY Montgomery in passing plays when the opposing teams Safety is drawn to the LOS and get the ball to him over the top of the LBers.

Why not use an Offensive set splitting Aaron Jones and Ty Montgomery to draw the opposing teams 'D' to the outside and then use Aaron Ripkowski to run through the middle?

Where's Mike McCarthy's imagination and any real hope of winning a football game?

I get the part and Brett Hundley and Conservative to protect the ball (Picks).I get not showing us much of an arm and the deep pass. All the same Brett Hundley has to pass for more than 150 yards in the NFL to have any decent chance of winning and < 100 Yards = ridiculous play calling.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

Why not use an Offensive set splitting Aaron Jones and Ty Montgomery to draw the opposing teams 'D' to the outside and then use Aaron Ripkowski to run through the middle?
    because he will fumble.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I don't understand what happened with the solid players on 'O'? Where was the play calling and these guys?

Why weren't there more plays to WR's Jordy Nelson, Devanta Adams, Randall Cobb and even Martellus Bennett?

Where are the 10-20 yards crossing routes and shallow Hook Patterns? What happened to the Screen Pass?

It's pretty obvious now that Aaron Jones is the REAL RB and that he has good hands and can even attempt and complete Blocks. Clearly Aaron Jones is our NO. 1 RB. Still MM has to somehow use TY Montgomery in passing plays when the opposing teams Safety is drawn to the LOS and get the ball to him over the top of the LBers.

Where's Mike McCarthy's imagination and any real hope of winning a football game?

I get the part and Brett Hundley and Conservative to protect the ball (Picks).I get not showing us much of an arm and the deep pass. All the same Brett Hundley has to pass for more than 150 yards in the NFL to have any decent chance of winning and < 100 Yards = ridiculous play calling.
    To be honest, I am more frustrated with the D and STs. The O lost it's leader, yet they put together an effective running game. At times Hundley did some good things. I didn't expect much more. They had a lead to start the 4th quarter, and NO was at their own 14. A stop by the D could have given GB some control. it took them 60 yards to make the "stop", holding the saints to a FG. The possession was only 8 plays, yet Matthews and Perry apparently had to be rested for a couple of the big ones. If these guys are worth their salaries, where were they?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    To be honest, I am more frustrated with the D and STs. The O lost it's leader, yet they put together an effective running game. At times Hundley did some good things. I didn't expect much more. They had a lead to start the 4th quarter, and NO was at their own 14. A stop by the D could have given GB some control. it took them 60 yards to make the "stop", holding the saints to a FG. The possession was only 8 plays, yet Matthews and Perry apparently had to be rested for a couple of the big ones. If these guys are worth their salaries, where were they?
    I hear ya. But I did see Khalil Mack on the sideline for a critical play the other night too.

75 plays on Defense versus 50 on offense and missing Brooks has costs.