Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 4 vs. New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Why is anyone talking anything and Aaron Rodgers (compared to) Brett Hundley?

It's like comparing diamonds to coal.

My guess is that McCarthy brought the wrong game plan to the game and the Saints knew it soon after the start.

He felt boxed in by new starter and banged up O line and the Saints were ready for the scaled down version.

Anyone else see a lot of 11 personnel with man coverage who were open? They did some bunches but only after Hundley moved them and then twice those bunches produced two receivers running the same route.
    Last edited by pbmax; 10-22-2017 at 04:33 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 15m15 minutes ago
    Correcting earlier McCarthy quote: "We had our best week of preparation and it’s a crying shame it didn’t show up today for four quarters."
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Well M3 and T2 were right about Rodgers when no one in their right mind thought they would be. In fact, most didn't even consider Rodgers early career on par with Hasselback.

So I am willing to give them time on this one. But this season doesn't allow for a lot of time for development.
    Why not? Let Hundley play the rest of the season and get some experience under his belt. If he shows he can play in this league we might be able to get something for him this offseason. He's not gonna want to hand around GB being Rodgers' understudy the rest of his career if he can start somewhere else.

Football Perspective‏ @fbgchase 3m3 minutes ago
    Dome Patrol (!) last 4 weeks:
    3 TO, 13 points allowed vs. CAR
    Shutout vs. MIA
    3 net points allowed vs. DET
    79 passing yards allowed vs. GB

The Packers threw for 79 yards, just the 5th time since 1992 that Green Bay has thrown for fewer than 80 yards in a game.

The Packers offense gained 65 yards in the second half. That is pathetic.

Brett Hundley has been in the Packers system for 3 years. This was an embarrassing performance. Threw for 3 first downs on 26 drop backs!!

Drew Brees threw two picks, but otherwise had great stats. 41% first down rate. 8.3 Net Yards per Attempt. Saints punted just twice.

My guess is that McCarthy brought the wrong game plan to the game and the Saints knew it soon after the start.

He felt boxed in by new starter and banged up O line and the Saints were ready for the scaled down version.

Anyone else see a lot of 11 personnel with man coverage who were open? They did some bunches but only after Hundley moved them and then twice those bunches produced two receivers running the same route.
    You might be right - he probably didn't trust Hundley with the entire playbook and held him back and the team suffered because of it. Perhaps Stubby had visions of what happened in2013?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Why not? Let Hundley play the rest of the season and get some experience under his belt. If he shows he can play in this league we might be able to get something for him this offseason. He's not gonna want to hand around GB being Rodgers' understudy the rest of his career if he can start somewhere else.
    It seems a waste of a 4-2 start, that's why.

It seems a waste of a 4-2 start, that's why.
    The 4-1 start ended when Rodgers was injured. We're a completely different team without the all-world QB. We've got an average defense (at best) and an average offense (at best) when Hundley gets some seasoning.

This is an 8-8 team at the end of the season (at best) if Hundley progresses. Before that, the offense is below average so your looking at 4-12 to 6-10.

That last statement means they could win 25% to 38% of their remaining games if Hundley doesn't progress.

My problem is with M3 and the Defense. I can live with the drop off on offense but the d has been a festering sore for years. I'm not even going to go into detail as every aspect of the is a problem from the play calling to the players to the philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by ZachMN View Post
    My problem is with M3 and the Defense. I can live with the drop off on offense but the d has been a festering sore for years. I'm not even going to go into detail as every aspect of the is a problem from the play calling to the players to the philosophy.
    Please, go into every aspect.

Half of the D is on the injury list.

The D limited the high flying Saints offense in check damn near every step of the way.

So, we lost. Damn near pulled it off, a bad choice at the end cost.

Please, PLEASE go into every stinkin' aspect.

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 15m15 minutes ago
    Correcting earlier McCarthy quote: "We had our best week of preparation and it’s a crying shame it didn’t show up today for four quarters."
    that should sum up fat mikes career minus HOF qb's

why would the playbook have to be cut down at all?

the guys been the top backup for 3 years, its not like he just got the playbook last week

he has been, or should have been running all these plays for 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post

The D limited the high flying Saints offense in check damn near every step of the way.

The Saints offense was very mediocre today and still gained 485 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    The Saints offense was very mediocre today and still gained 485 yards.
    Yup, for a whoppin' 26 points.

I get it, shoulda, coulda, woulda...

This game wasn't nearly as close as you seem to have seen it. Either it's your homerism or something you are smoking, or both.

Are you serious? The D has been a joke for YEARS! You want aspects? Tackling, scheme, talent evaluation, philosophy- that's on Stubby 100%- and their production- yeah we have an epic offense but at the end of the day you need to get teams off the field and ours gets ground up, exploded, picked apart, dinked and dunked-it gets beat IN EVERY ASPECT BY EVERY STYLE OF OFFENSE REGULARLY! It is a fatal flaw.