Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 4 vs. New Orleans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Article 24 ?

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com...-2011-2020.pdf

Regards time, place and amounts of padded practices, AKA live fire.

Don't know for sure, but seems to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Article 24 ?

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com...-2011-2020.pdf

Regards time, place and amounts of padded practices, AKA live fire.

Don't know for sure, but seems to fit.
    That's it, mandated four days off, Thursday through Sunday.

Article 24
    Section 2.
    Bye Weeks: During any regular season bye week period occurring during the term of this Agreement, players will be given a minimum of four consecutive days off. Such four-day period must include a Saturday and a Sunday unless the Club is scheduled to play a game on the Thursday following the bye week, in which case players may be required to report to the Club on the Sunday preceding the Thursday game. In such an event, the four-day period shall be Wednesday through Saturday. Any injured player may be required to undergo medical or rehabilitation treatment during such four-day period provided that such treatment is deemed reasonably necessary by the Club’s medical staff.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    You take Thursday through Sunday off, or you're effing out of football!!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Dammit, hate when facts get in the way of an interesting and intelligent conversation.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    M3 PCTom Silverstein @TomSilverstein 35s35 seconds ago
    McCarthy on practicing this week: With CBA it's not possible to practice this week to help Hundley out. Can start next Tuesday.

THAT DOESN'T SOUND RIGHT, DON'T RECALL BYE WEEK RULES IN CBA, THOUGH IN SEASON IS LIMITED FOR PADS
    On the broadcast of the late game last night, one of the announcers said that most teams don't practice (in pads?) on Fridays, but New England does. I think he said that works out to many, many hours of practice more for New England over the whole season. It's why they are so well prepared.

You know I was thinking that maybe the owners and players shot themselves in the foot by negotiating all these practice rules in the CBA. It's probably affecting the quality of product that's put on the field Sundays and might also have something to do with all the injuries. Ultimately, both wind up diminishing interest in the games and NFL attendance/profits suffer.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    On the broadcast of the late game last night, one of the announcers said that most teams don't practice (in pads?) on Fridays, but New England does. I think he said that works out to many, many hours of practice more for New England over the whole season. It's why they are so well prepared.

You know I was thinking that maybe the owners and players shot themselves in the foot by negotiating all these practice rules in the CBA. It's probably affecting the quality of product that's put on the field Sundays and might also have something to do with all the injuries. Ultimately, both wind up diminishing interest in the games and NFL attendance/profits suffer.
    So this is the Maxie-pads argument?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    So this is the Maxie-pads argument?
    LOL I guess that makes me a real douche bag! hahaha
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post

Many teams have substituted Saturday for Friday. Total number of padded practices are the same for all teams. So its not a net gain. Supposed to allow for peak performance on Sunday.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Many teams have substituted Saturday for Friday. Total number of padded practices are the same for all teams. So its not a net gain. Supposed to allow for peak performance on Sunday.
    So the announcer was wrong. It was probably Collingsworth.

Anyway, my point's still valid, isn't it? These millionaire players are featherbedding!

CAPERS PC

Tom Silverstein‏Verified account @TomSilverstein 11m11 minutes ago
    Capers on HHCD: He's had a lot more on his plate. You get used to playing with Morgan... HaHa has picked up his responsibilities

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 15m15 minutes ago
    Getting healthy will help consistency for Kevin King. (Played so well vs. Atlanta but poorly yesterday.)

Tom Silverstein‏Verified account @TomSilverstein 17m17 minutes ago
    Capers: Played more man than zone because of all the screens. Ran three screens on us first series. We didn't play with good enough leverage

Michael Cohen‏Verified account @Michael_Cohen13 17m17 minutes ago
    Capers said the loss of Jake Ryan in the third quarter left them with just one linebacker — Blake Martinez — plus safety Josh Jones.

Michael Cohen‏Verified account @Michael_Cohen13 21m21 minutes ago
    #Packers DC Dom Capers said the inability to get off the field on third and long was evident early in the game. Bit them later, too.

Michael Cohen‏Verified account @Michael_Cohen13 11m11 minutes ago
    Capers said the defense had far more missed tackles against Minnesota than New Orleans. But against NO there were leverage issues instead.

PACKER REPORT AGREES, HAD DOUBLE DIGIT MISSES VERSUS MN, 5 OR 6 VS NO

CAPERS PC

Tom Silverstein‏Verified account @TomSilverstein 11m11 minutes ago
    Capers on HHCD: He's had a lot more on his plate. You get used to playing with Morgan... HaHa has picked up his responsibilities

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 15m15 minutes ago
    Getting healthy will help consistency for Kevin King. (Played so well vs. Atlanta but poorly yesterday.)

Tom Silverstein‏Verified account @TomSilverstein 17m17 minutes ago
    Capers: Played more man than zone because of all the screens. Ran three screens on us first series. We didn't play with good enough leverage

Michael Cohen‏Verified account @Michael_Cohen13 17m17 minutes ago
    Capers said the loss of Jake Ryan in the third quarter left them with just one linebacker — Blake Martinez — plus safety Josh Jones.

Michael Cohen‏Verified account @Michael_Cohen13 21m21 minutes ago
    #Packers DC Dom Capers said the inability to get off the field on third and long was evident early in the game. Bit them later, too.

Michael Cohen‏Verified account @Michael_Cohen13 11m11 minutes ago
    Capers said the defense had far more missed tackles against Minnesota than New Orleans. But against NO there were leverage issues instead.

PACKER REPORT AGREES, HAD DOUBLE DIGIT MISSES VERSUS MN, 5 OR 6 VS NO
    more pad levels?

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 16m16 minutes ago
    "Exactly" Zook says of it being right call against GB on the muffed punt yesterday vs. wrong call on Davis' muffed punt at Titans last year.

DEAR ROD, EXACTLY WHO'S SIDE ARE YOU ON ANYWAY?

leverage does not equal pad level, but they both belong to the broad category of murky coach-speak excuse-making code language that most often means 'we cocked it up but we don't really want to explain it to you morons'

Leverage is actually a concept very important in both run and pass defense. Like anything else, it can be used to obscure or hide things.

Pad level was used so often it was funny AND it seems very dependent on the height of the player. Its no coincidence that the best pad level in a decade belongs to 5' 9" Aaron Jones.

Ben Fennell‏ @BenFennell_NFL 3h3 hours ago

#Packers 20+ runs...

Weeks 1-6: 1 run, 0 TDs
    Week 7 vs NOR: 3 runs, 1 TD

Over on Footballs Future there is a great thread in the Packers' subforum of a poster breaking down Hundley's plays in Sunday's game. There were some nice plays called by Stubby that Hundley missed on.

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/t...ley-breakdown/
    Last edited by Pugger; 10-24-2017 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Over on Footballs Future there is a great thread in the Packers' subforum of a poster breaking down Hundley's plays in Sunday's game. There were some nice plays called by Stubby that Hundley missed on.

Nice clips they have.

I forgot that Nelson went in motion on that Cobb/Jones Read Option and that Adams 8 yard catch on 3rd and 18 was a crossing route.

There is always hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post

You're linking to another forum??? You're in trouble now. Mad's gonna ban you....
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    You're linking to another forum??? You're in trouble now. Mad's gonna ban you....

Where is Madtownpacker?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Saw this quote from MM yesterday:

McCarthy added: "You know, Madden Football screwed this whole thing up. It was a much better gig before. Everybody knows football so well now.

We know where the game plan and halftime adjustments come from now.