Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Studs And Duds - Packers vs. Saints

Studs And Duds - Packers vs. Saints

Studs

Kenny Clark - 5 Tackles, blocked an extra point, chased down a screen - best player on defense

Aaron Jones - 131 yards rushing, 1 TD. The real deal.

Blake Martinez - 16 tackles, 13 solo. A tackling machine.

Duds

Brett Hundley - No all his fault, but 85 yards passing on 25 attempts is terrible.

King and HHCD - Way too much space between these 2 too often.

Mike McCarthy - Failed to develop a game plan to suit his QB.

Duds= Stubby, can't really coach for shit when he is behind the 8 ball.

duds fox

in what could have been the biggest play of the day

the camera was stuck on the saints sideline when clark blocked the xp attempt. then they didn't even show a replay until coming back from commercials

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Studs

Kenny Clark - 5 Tackles, blocked an extra point, chased down a screen - best player on defense

Aaron Jones - 131 yards rushing, 1 TD. The real deal.

Blake Martinez - 16 tackles, 13 solo. A tackling machine.

Duds

Brett Hundley - No all his fault, but 85 yards passing on 25 attempts is terrible.

King and HHCD - Way too much space between these 2 too often.

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news...a-d4575c539730

Quotes from Green Bay Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy on Oct. 18 .....Posted Oct 18, 2017

By NewOrleansSaints.com

Question: With Brett (Hundley), obviously he’s knows the system but what are the challenges getting him prepared to start now?

“It’s like any normal week here. You sit there and grind away on what the opponent’s going to do or what you think they’re going to do and how they do it. You get into that but by the end of it you have to focus on how you’re going to play the game and that’s the reality of it too. This is a big challenge. The Saints are a hot football team. They are playing extremely well each and every week, you can see it building over the last three weeks so we understand that. Just the way Drew (Brees) and the offense is rolling. I like the way they’re playing on special teams too. We’re just focusing on what this opportunity is and at the end of the day we feel like we have go out there and play our best football to win the game.” ...Mike McCarthy

Comment woodbuck27:

It doesn't appear to me like Mike McCarthy seems very encouraged and a 'W' at this stage of Week 7; or is MM simply a Master of the standard cliche?

" .... We’re just focusing on what this opportunity is and at the end of the day we feel like we have go out there and play our best football to win the game.” Mike McCarthy

Question: On Brett (Hundley), how might his skillset be similar or different from (Aaron) Rodgers?

“I think it’s fair and realistic to not compare guys to Aaron (Rodgers). Aaron has the, in my opinion, complete skillset. He can similar play in the pocket, out of the pocket. There isn’t a throw in football he doesn’t make. He plays the game cerebrally on a high level. It’s important for Brett to run the offense and play it to our strengths. It’s really to the plan we have in place for this week.” Mike McCarthy

After the loss to New Orleans:

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 15m15 minutes ago
    Correcting earlier McCarthy quote: "We had our best week of preparation and it’s a crying shame it didn’t show up today for four quarters."

Comment woodbuck27:

What is it Mike McCarthy?

Mike McCarthy makes excuses during the week and before the game and follows up after todays loss with an excuse. ." We had our best week of preparation..it's a crying shame it didn't show up today for four quarters" MM

Why not simply say something like... ' we lost to a Hot Saints Team today and we have a bye week to get hopefully healthier and we'll be ready to defeat the Detroit Lions when they are at Lambeau Field in Week 9 '.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 10-22-2017 at 07:40 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Studs:

A.Jones
    Clark
    Martinez
    Vogel

Duds:

King
    J. Jones
    Ha Ha
    Davis - for running back kickoffs
    WRs - how come they can't get open? Perhaps now we know why Rodgers holds onto the ball so long.
    Entire coaching staff - why put all of the blame on just Stubby?

If I was the Man that pulled the strings in Green Bay and became aware of this quote from Mike McCarthy:

" We had our best week of preparation..it's a crying shame it didn't show up today for four quarters" MM

I would call Mike McCarthy into my office and ask Mike McCarthy if he 'in fact' was quoted correctly?

If MM said yes that's what I said.

I would then ask MM to PLEASE with the best of his ability explain to me how in HELL he could have "the best week of preparation.." and NO Aaron Rodgers?

After he stumbled over that response or got pissed off or whatever (maybe even partially destroyed my office) hahahaha.

I would say to Mike McCarty if I ever learn of any more BULLSHIT like that ....YOUR FIRED !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Studs:

A.Jones
    Clark
    Martinez
    Vogel

Duds:

King
    J. Jones
    Ha Ha
    Davis - for running back kickoffs
    WRs - how come they can't get open? Perhaps now we know why Rodgers holds onto the ball so long.
    Entire coaching staff - why put all of the blame on just Stubby?
    How could you leave Hundley off the duds? He played horribly.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

I disagree with this one. I think the gameplay was ideally suited for Hundley. I think Stubby looked at the O-line and Hundley and basically figured he couldn't run his normal passing offense. Hopefully after the bye they will have some more stuff in there to stretch the D.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Dud :
    Dom Capers. How long will it take before the Packers realize this guy can't eveb field an AVERAGE defense?
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Dud :
    Dom Capers. How long will it take before the Packers realize this guy can't eveb field an AVERAGE defense?
    They finished 11th, 13th, and 12th in points allowed in 2012, 2014, and 2015 respectively. Those are all above average. Reset your parameters and try again.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Looks like people have lost interest in other games, but ATL is on a trajectory to be 3-3 unless they get going in NE. And they brought in the defensive guru to get over the hump!

If only the Packers had Denver's defense, they would have won toda--- oh, wait.

If Phillip Rivers grows a beard and starts talking retirement, it will be impossible to distinguish him from Favre.

Speaking of other teams TJ Watt sure looked god today.
    Last edited by Rutnstrut; 10-22-2017 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    If Phillip Rivers grows a beard and starts talking retirement, it will be impossible to distinguish him from Favre.
    What color are his crocs?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    He is a pussy and injury prone. He has already missed time in 28% of the games as a pro. Not durable. Perfect TT pick.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    this post was edited?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    this post was edited?
    I did and screwed up. But It's a good one to leave as is now.

Studs: Clark, Martinez, Jones - as mentioned; I'll include House as more good than bad, although not much, as well as Randall - in addition to the interception, he didn't show up much, which usually means a DB is doing his job. I'm gonna include Hundley as more studly than dudly. I know his numbers weren't much, but he didn't mess up and he had some very decent moments. Lowry seemed to have a pretty good game.

Duds: Kevin King - he appeared to get beat damn near 100% of the time, Clinton-Dix - as usual, a few good plays and more bad ones, Montgomery - glaringly less good than Jones, the whole O Line minus maybe Linsley - just like with Rodgers, the D was in Hundley's face all day, and Aaron Jones got his yards after the first drive in spite of the O Line, not because of it, running to daylight when there was (of course) no hole where the play was supposed to go. The biggest dud was McCarthy for being far too cautious calling plays for Hundley (just as I worried that he would be) and in particular for failing on 3rd and 1 after each of the 1st Quarter interceptions due to poor play calling. Jordy Nelson and Davante Adams were apparent duds also, as they failed to get open virtually all the time. Josh Jones - not only for the punt play penalties, but for seemingly being out of position a lot on short pass plays and runs. I'm ordinarily a big supporter of Capers, but today was not his finest game by far.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    How could you leave Hundley off the duds? He played horribly.
    I kinda figured he would. Yes, he's been around for a while but he is woefully lacking in in-game experience.