Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Barclay released, McCaffrey signed to PS.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    My explanation was meant to be more sarcasm than reality.
    Ya, I realized that after I replied. I'm not too sharp this am! (Not much different than any other day, or any other time!).

They move fast when released....saw Barclay's wife packing up their truck today full of their kids house stuff. No, I'm not stalking, they live down the street.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    They move fast when released....saw Barclay's wife packing up their truck today full of their kids house stuff. No, I'm not stalking, they live down the street.
    Lived.

But seriously, that's gotta be rough, uprooting your kids' lives on a moment's notice.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Lived.

But seriously, that's gotta be rough, uprooting your kids' lives on a moment's notice.
    Unless he knocked up his high school gf, those kids are pretty young.

Where are they moving to?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Unless he knocked up his high school gf, those kids are pretty young.
    They are young, like maybe 4 years old for the oldest. His wife has an awesome southern draw. They were all at the park one night when I was with my kids, and one of theirs got out of line. I wanted to say sorry after the scolding he got. "Boy, get yo ass over here, now."
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    They were all at the park one night when I was with my kids, and one of theirs got out of line.
    Let me guess... holding? Acorn doesn't fall far.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Where are they moving to?
    per source: wife and kids went back to west virginia for now. he had a try-out with someone yesterday that supposedly went pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    per source: wife and kids went back to west virginia for now. he had a try-out with someone yesterday that supposedly went pretty well.
    Lions.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    That makes sense - they need someone to back up Lang when he misses time due to his chronic injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    That makes sense - they need someone to back up Lang when he misses time due to his chronic injuries.
    aaannd that's the next team we play too. always seems to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    Well, then they didn't cut him because his ankle wasn't responding. Apparently he's well enough to play, so the Packers must be satisfied with McCray/Patrick/Ulrick. Or John. Or whatever his last name is.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I don't see it as a numbers game at all with Barclay. He was on IR. They didn't have to do anything with him. They could have just waited until next training camp, have him compete with the others and let it shake out however. At final cutdown, they kept him on the original 53 man roster for one day, then moved him to IR, making him eligible to return this year, but they could have left him on IR all season. He was the only one with any experience at center behind Linsley, until McCray and Patrick (?) started working there after Barclay was hurt.

Spriggs and Murphy are both on IR, so they don't create any numbers problem either. You can have as many on IR as you want.

Cutting Barclay now to me indicates either that he isn't responding to treatments and/or that he has, is ready tp start practicing, but the Packers like the others they have on the roster now more than they like Barclay. Either way, no point in keeping him around. They could have simply kept him on IR as insurance for later this year or next year. They didn't, which seems to indicate they are satisfied with McCray, Patrick, Pankey and Ulrick now, and Spriggs and Murphy eligible to return a few weeks down the road,
    Yes.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Well, then they didn't cut him because his ankle wasn't responding. Apparently he's well enough to play, so the Packers must be satisfied with McCray/Patrick/Ulrick. Or John. Or whatever his last name is.
    Yup. On the day he was released, Barclay released a statement saying he "couldn't thank the Packers organization enough for the opportunity they gave me today."

They could have kept him on IR as insurance against injuries this season and as a camp guy for next year. But, he is apparently ready to play now, and since GB doesn't have a place for him, they let him go now and gave him a chance to catch on with someone else. TT has mentioned several times that he likes to release vets as soon as the decision is made to move on from them, to give them opportunities elsewhere. He often releases veterans at the start of the off season, and has said similar things when he does.

Moving to Detroit

Lions sign free agent G Don Barclay and waive T Dan Skipper
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...BJb13SZSJyjpmL

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    McCaffrey could be the type of receiver Hundley needs. In TC he got open and made difficult/contested catches.

Janis could be on the way out, replaced by Davis on kick returns, and apparently equaled by Jones as a gunner.
    Davis could be on the way out, still not the most reliable fielding punts or kicks, and guilty of bad decisions returning both. McCaffrey could take over on punts.

If it was up to me to chose between the two, I would keep Janis for the coverage units.
    What really has Davis shown us so far?

Janis plays 'the Gunner Role' very well. I've no idea about him and consistency and catching a football. You either have good hands or not but he has good fast feet and will stay.

I thought that McCaffrey looked solid before he was released. I'm glad he's back.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau