Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers Star TE Martellus Bennett Reveals on Instagram Story That He's Retiring After This Season

Packers Star TE Martellus Bennett Reveals on Instagram Story That He's Retiring After This Season

http://www.12up.com/posts/5734677-pa...on?a_aid=36476

Packers Star Reveals on Instagram Story That He's Retiring After This Season

BY: Thomas Carannante ... 29 OCT 2017

" Tight end Martellus Bennett, who signed a three-year, $21 million contract with Green Bay in the offseason, is apparently going to call it quits after 2017. What a shame, considering we never got to see his full potential with Rodgers as his QB."
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    This sort of makes sense. At times this season, so far, it seems like he's already retired.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

thats great, now we're back to square one at the TE position

oh well, his head wasn't in the game this year anyways

When I saw this in Facebook, I replied "Good Riddance". We didn't give up anything in trade to get him; He's got two years left on his non-guaranteed contract for more money than he's getting this season; And most of all, he's been a big disappointment - IMO anyway.

I'd take Richard Rodgers over either Bennett or Kendrick.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I miss Cook. Bennett was a pro bowler at some point... but screw it. Wish we could make a trade or save his salary for a more productive player.

Jeff Saturday II

Most of us thought this would be an upgrade over Cook; I wonder if TT did, too.

We were wrong.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

they should just ask him to retire now and pay him for the year. his heart isn't in it which means the effort won't be in it either. kinda feel he retired during camp. no need for a farewell tour. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Most of us thought this would be an upgrade over Cook; I wonder if TT did, too.

We were wrong.
    We was right.

Bennett is better than Cook right now? What you sayin' Blue Dog?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Bennett is better than Cook right now? What you sayin' Blue Dog?
    I was taunting you, declaring there was a different "we" who were skeptical about the switch.

I took the "Cook uber alles" position because I had the great advantage of ignorance. The fantasy football guys said I was a big dummy.

Through seven games (actually played not Week 1-7):

17 199 1 TD
    24 233 0 TD

Who is wearing it better?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Let's not even get into whether the 235 lb guy can block as well as the 250 lb guy.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Cook wasn't all that great either. Bennett is the kind of TE we need; He just didn't play up to expectations. In addition to having problems staying healthy, Cook's thing was going deep. What we needed in a TE is a big target possession type guy who can also block. Bennett should have been that - if he just didn't drop so damn many passes.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Through seven games (actually played not Week 1-7):

17 199 1 TD
    24 233 0 TD

Who is wearing it better?

Cook missed some time with shoulder injury. He also started season as a backup. Since we don't watch his games, it is hard to say how he is playing, but he looked good on the one nationally televised night game.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Cook's thing was going deep. What we needed in a TE is a big target possession type guy who can also block.
    Wisconsin's left tackle caught a TD pass yesterday. Maybe we can look for him in the draft.

I think a fast pass catching TE - and Cook was really effective for a couple months with Rodgers - is more valuable.

I'd rather flood the field with WR deep threats and have my TE come underneath for a first down if none of the WRs get open, especially if the TE isn't anything special as a blocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Cook missed some time with shoulder injury. He also started season as a backup. Since we don't watch his games, it is hard to say how he is playing, but he looked good on the one nationally televised night game.
    That is his first seven games, and do not include games played he missed.

I don't know what you mean he started as backup. He was never behind DickRod on the depth chart.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That is his first seven games, and do not include games played he missed.

I don't know what you mean he started as backup. He was never behind DickRod on the depth chart.
    I mean for the Raiders.