Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Packers Star TE Martellus Bennett Reveals on Instagram Story That He's Retiring After This Season

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I mean for the Raiders.
    OK. But I am referring to FA Packer TEs, not Raiders. The offense has remained the same, the TE changed, making the comparison interesting at least.

My point is that it took Cook more than seven plus games to get integrated. Same will be true (maybe even more with Hundley now) for Bennett.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    My point is that it took Cook more than seven plus games to get integrated.
    I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever.

My point is that it took Cook more than seven plus games to get integrated. Same will be true (maybe even more with Hundley now) for Bennett.
    Maybe. But a guy announcing retirement doesn't sound like rising star.

Maybe. But a guy announcing retirement doesn't sound like rising star.
    Not a common trait among veteran FAs.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Not a common trait among veteran FAs.
    Cook's star is rising in L.A.

I didn't mean in sense of a sensational player.

Cook's star is rising in L.A.

I didn't mean in sense of a sensational player.
    So the Chargers really like him?

Or maybe the Rams?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I still say they coulda signed both Cook and Bennett.

The final chapter in Bennett's career has not been written. Who the hell knows, he may just be down because Rodgers is out. Maybe Hotrod throws him a few TD passes in the next coupla weeks and he finds his mojo again. Hell, Bert retired at least 6 years in a row.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I had a brain malfunction. I knew it was Oakland, but was thinking they moved their stadium, which would be S.F., but maybe that is wrong too

I had a brain malfunction. I knew it was Oakland, but was thinking they moved their stadium, which would be S.F., but maybe that is wrong too
    Vegas
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

No, I see Oakland still plays in Oakland. Was there talk of them playing their games somewhere else, or is this all just the voices again?

OK, OK, so Cook's star is rising over Las Vegas Strip.

Blog Entries
    Worse case; we have Kendricks, who is light years better than the Plodder...and about 7MIL more to spend on a TE if TT chooses to do so
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

What's the over under on number of games after the relocation before some raiders defender is nicknamed the vegas stripper?

^^^^^. Everything with the raiders will require some betting line.

The way he has been playing I can see why he wants to retire. Hope he does and the Packers draft Troy Fumagalli..this kid is always making plays.

Through seven games (actually played not Week 1-7):

17 199 1 TD
    24 233 0 TD

Who is wearing it better?
    I was measuring Bennett against Kelce and Gronkowski - both have around 450 yards and 4 TDs. Why can't Bennett give us that? What the fuck is wrong with him?

a lot of people think its just a ploy to get traded to a contender

i say do it

he's not helping us out at all

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I was measuring Bennett against Kelce and Gronkowski - both have around 450 yards and 4 TDs. Why can't Bennett give us that? What the fuck is wrong with him?
    his hands

if he had caught half the balls that he dropped this year he would actually have pretty good numbers

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    his hands

if he had caught half the balls that he dropped this year he would actually have pretty good numbers
    Weird, they have him listed as having 3. I thought he had 5

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?s...Order=1&page=8

Still, I expect every starter and backup to play as well or better than the best person at his position in the NFL, or at least at pro bowl level, so he's way short.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Worse case; we have Kendricks, who is light years better than the Plodder...and about 7MIL more to spend on a TE if TT chooses to do so
    What good have you seen in Kendricks that leads you to say that? I haven't seen him do much of anything good at all for the Packers. Richard Rodgers, on the other hand, I see as a decent and much maligned player - this year as well as in the past.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?