Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Packers Star TE Martellus Bennett Reveals on Instagram Story That He's Retiring After This Season

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    What good have you seen in Kendricks that leads you to say that? I haven't seen him do much of anything good at all for the Packers. Richard Rodgers, on the other hand, I see as a decent and much maligned player - this year as well as in the past.
    Kendricks has the speed and route running ability to get open. The game I was at...he could create separation and ran good routes

Plodder just knows how to read zone coverage and find the spot to sit down and wait for the ball to come.

Kendricks IMO can be a functional starter with a good QB.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Weird, they have him listed as having 3. I thought he had 5

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?s...Order=1&page=8

Still, I expect every starter and backup to play as well or better than the best person at his position in the NFL, or at least at pro bowl level, so he's way short.
    its just like finely that one season

for about 5 games in a row they said he had 4 drops on the season, and he had about 2 drops in each one of those 5 games, plus the 4 they mentioned, but they just kept saying four drops. in fact at one point they lowered the number to 3 on the year

bennett has had many more then just 3 drops. its like if they get 2 hands on the ball they count it as a swatted down pass instead of a drop

i also don't think they count it as a drop if the guy only gets one hand on it, or he gets no hands on it but it hits him in the face or chest, or if they make no attempt at all to catch a catch-able ball

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Wisconsin's left tackle caught a TD pass yesterday. Maybe we can look for him in the draft.

I think a fast pass catching TE - and Cook was really effective for a couple months with Rodgers - is more valuable.
    No he didn’t. The pass went backward so it was a TD run.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Most of us thought this would be an upgrade over Cook; I wonder if TT did, too.

We were wrong.
    Blame stubby. Most of his career in GB has been spent pass blocking.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    No he didn’t. The pass went backward so it was a TD run.
    ya, I know it was a lateral, a.k.a. backwards pass. English language says he caught a pass, then ran for a touch down.

I can be pushed only so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Kendricks has the speed and route running ability to get open.
    once upon a time.

I agree with Tex, he hasn't shown much.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Yes, in between dropped passes.

I really don't have it in for Bennett. Not sure he won't turn it around. I'm just pissed that Cook came, saw, conquered, then fucking left.

Yes, in between dropped passes.

I really don't have it in for Bennett. Not sure he won't turn it around. I'm just pissed that Cook came, saw, conquered, then fucking left.
    The thing is, Bennett should be an upgrade over Cook. For whatever reason, he just hasn't shown up.

I guess he figures that with Hundley now starting, he won't get much of an opportunity. I think he may decide to play one more year. The Packers will want him back, and he has millions of reasons to continue playing.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Stubby? I think the blame should be on the mess on the OL because of injuries.

Cook's first seven games: 17 199 1 TD

Marty's first seven games: 24 233 0 TD

Today's Facebook Flashback: Everyone on this board was complaining about Cook's production through 8 games last year. Its not a Bennett problem. Though the dropsies don't help.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Cook's first seven games: 17 199 1 TD

Marty's first seven games: 24 233 0 TD

Today's Facebook Flashback: Everyone on this board was complaining about Cook's production through 8 games last year. Its not a Bennett problem. Though the dropsies don't help.
    See, complaining works!
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    See, complaining works!
    Squeaky wheel wins again.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Release him now.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Release him now.
    LOL. Tony, never stop being you.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

i'm thinking that our season is done, so i think anyone in the last year of their deal with any kind of trade value should be traded for picks (that we will then waste on shitty defensive players)

and guys who will not be on the team after this season

Blog Entries
    once upon a time.

I agree with Tex, he hasn't shown much.

Well Tex knows he's wrong now......lol
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Most of us thought this would be an upgrade over Cook; I wonder if TT did, too.

We were wrong.
    Martellus Bennett Stat's 2017:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Marte...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Jared Cook Stat's 2017:

http://www.nfl.com/player/jaredcook/71265/profile
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    LOL. Tony, never stop being you.
    You might not like my takes but at least I am usually consistent!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

cook is having another huge game

looks like a beast