Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Packers Made Huge Mistake Not Re-Signing This Defensive Back

Packers Made Huge Mistake Not Re-Signing This Defensive Back

http://www.12up.com/posts/5742263-pa...ck?a_aid=36476

BY: Christopher Rosvoglou ... 30 OCT 2017

" ...Just one year after letting Casey Hayward walk to greener pastures in California, the Pack may have let another one go by.

During free agency, the Packers watched Micah Hyde sign a five-year deal, worth $30 million with the Buffalo Bills. While Hyde served as a sub-package role player with Green Bay, he has turned into a star safety in Buffalo. ....

Through seven games with the Bills, Hyde has become a star in an increased role. The days of him playing limited snaps are long gone; he rarely misses one anymore while expanding to his full potential.

While Green Bay has plenty of post-Aaron Rodgers offensive issues to sweat, too, their defense is blatantly lacking a takeaway machine. In fact, Hyde's five interceptions ranks just behind the Packers' entire defense; they've racked up six. ..."
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Blog Entries
    I don't think any of us thought Ted should pay 6MIL/YR for Hyde

We need more playmakers from Ted on Defense though; it'd help if all those early round DB's turn out
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Buffalo gets pressure from their front. At least 2-3 of Hyde's INTs that I've seen have come off deflections or inaccuracies from pressured throws.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I don't think any of us thought Ted should pay 6MIL/YR for Hyde

We need more playmakers from Ted on Defense though; it'd help if all those early round DB's turn out
    I did. I said from the time he was in GB he was a football player and you needed to put him on the field. The contract he signed wasn't prohibitive with the new cap. Our DBs absolutely blew last year and we let a decent one walk.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    Both Hyde and Hayward were solid hands out on the field. Hayward was really good right from the jump. But they both graduated from small contracts and made it to the big dough. You can't pay big money to nickel backs. Both guys have to potential to do more on the field than GB was using them for. But both went to the 5-6 million dollar tier. You have to let some of those guys walk.

Hyde has been feasting on the solid front he plays with. Bufs front 7 is better than ours and Hyde has taken advantage of that. Good luck to Micah, he deserves anything he gets.

Hayward was the guy I wanted to keep, for his solid coverage instincts. But he takes a big ticket to the pay window and he opened the season with the dreaded Hayward (Packer?) Hamstring.

You can't keep 'em all, boys.

Neither of them is a shutdown Corner. We've got plenty of solid #2 Corners now as well as decent Safeties. We just don't have a quality #1 Corner.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Buffalo gets pressure from their front. At least 2-3 of Hyde's INTs that I've seen have come off deflections or inaccuracies from pressured throws.
    Exactly. If Hyde were here with our crappy pass rush do you think he'd be getting all these INTs with us?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Both Hyde and Hayward were solid hands out on the field. Hayward was really good right from the jump. But they both graduated from small contracts and made it to the big dough. You can't pay big money to nickel backs. Both guys have to potential to do more on the field than GB was using them for. But both went to the 5-6 million dollar tier. You have to let some of those guys walk.

Hyde has been feasting on the solid front he plays with. Bufs front 7 is better than ours and Hyde has taken advantage of that. Good luck to Micah, he deserves anything he gets.

Hayward was the guy I wanted to keep, for his solid coverage instincts. But he takes a big ticket to the pay window and he opened the season with the dreaded Hayward (Packer?) Hamstring.

You can't keep 'em all, boys.

Hayward was injured all the time as a Packer after his first year. He sure flashed his rookie year but couldn't stay on the field enough to justify a large contract in my opinion.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Shut the fuck up, woodchuck

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Exactly. If Hyde were here with our crappy pass rush do you think he'd be getting all these INTs with us?
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Shut the fuck up, woodchuck
    hahahaha

In here prospective drilling seldom turns up any oil.

A decent perspective too often fails in a whole lot of:

Hello, I'm Green Bay Packer GM Ted Thompson:

Hello....I am Packer GM Ted Thompson:

Good Day ! I AM the GM of the Green Bay Packers and my name is Ted Thompson:

I was messing with ya, woodbuck. It’s kinda a shitty season so every disappointment adds up, but it’s all in jest. You have an interesting, independent way of seeing things, but I still like to mess around cuz I feel like if I can’t laugh at things, I’ll waste my life being too serious. So it really is a joke and I really do respect your independent analysis!

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://www.12up.com/posts/5742263-pa...ck?a_aid=36476

BY: Christopher Rosvoglou ... 30 OCT 2017

" ...Just one year after letting Casey Hayward walk to greener pastures in California, the Pack may have let another one go by.

During free agency, the Packers watched Micah Hyde sign a five-year deal, worth $30 million with the Buffalo Bills. While Hyde served as a sub-package role player with Green Bay, he has turned into a star safety in Buffalo. ....

Through seven games with the Bills, Hyde has become a star in an increased role. The days of him playing limited snaps are long gone; he rarely misses one anymore while expanding to his full potential.

While Green Bay has plenty of post-Aaron Rodgers offensive issues to sweat, too, their defense is blatantly lacking a takeaway machine. In fact, Hyde's five interceptions ranks just behind the Packers' entire defense; they've racked up six. ..."
    Maybe it is more of an indictment against Dom Capers for his inability to maximize players abilities ?

Bring black Master Bates!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Maybe it is more of an indictment against Dom Capers for his inability to maximize players abilities ?
    That's just wrong. Without Capers' schemes, the Packers D would be ten times worse than it is.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    That's just wrong. Without Capers' schemes, the Packers D would be ten times worse than it is.
    I usually agree with you, but not on this. It's clear when players go to other better coached teams and shine, that Capers sucks.

It's time for Capers to ride off in the sunset. Mandatory retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I was messing with ya, woodbuck. It’s kinda a shitty season so every disappointment adds up, but it’s all in jest. You have an interesting, independent way of seeing things, but I still like to mess around cuz I feel like if I can’t laugh at things, I’ll waste my life being too serious. So it really is a joke and I really do respect your independent analysis!
    I don't. I'm worried Michael Bennett is going to kick my ass.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Belated Happy Halloween, Rats

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck