Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: other games (week 8)...

[QUOTE=red;947171]bears TE zach miller could lose his leg after dislocating his knee yesterday

doctors are trying hard to save it

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/doctors...133453600.html

That picture was so awful I had to block it. I really wish Miller the best for his recovery and hope the leg can be saved. It's like his knee did what Bridgewater's did last year, except there was a guy on him.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Wow....it's a real stomach turner.
    C.H.U.D.

sounds like the bear staff on the field knew just how bad it was and rushed him straight to the hospital

the bears came out with a statement saying that the surgery was successful. so i think that means he shouldn't lose his leg, but the career might still be up in the air

just a nasty freak injury that could happen to almost any player on any play

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    How does Caldwell still have a job?
    He could have won that game with 7 field goals, if he had just kept his robotic, emotionless sensibilities for one more play.

He'll feel better next Monday. Detroit won't have red zone problem with Green Bay. John Gruden will be loving every member of the Lions offense: "Just an outstanding player, Sean, one of the best I've ever seen"
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    sounds like the bear staff on the field knew just how bad it was and rushed him straight to the hospital

the bears came out with a statement saying that the surgery was successful. so i think that means he shouldn't lose his leg, but the career might still be up in the air

just a nasty freak injury that could happen to almost any player on any play

Can you confirm that they are not now going to amputate his leg below the knee? What do sources close to you say?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Can you confirm that they are not now going to amputate his leg below the knee? What do sources close to you say?
    Initially it sounded like they had to repair the femoral artery, but:

"Surgery to repair a damaged artery was performed at University Medical Center in New Orleans, where the Bears lost to the Saints. The Bears announced Monday that Miller, who had a dislocated knee, also had a torn popliteal artery, which branches off from the femoral artery and is located in the knee and back of the leg. The team termed surgery successful and said Miller, 33, “remains at UMC, along with Bears medical personnel, where he will stay under further evaluation.”

So it's unlikely that the leg will be amputated (there are a lot of other arteries that provide perfusion, so the leg doesn't die)

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Initially it sounded like they had to repair the femoral artery, but:

"Surgery to repair a damaged artery was performed at University Medical Center in New Orleans, where the Bears lost to the Saints. The Bears announced Monday that Miller, who had a dislocated knee, also had a torn popliteal artery, which branches off from the femoral artery and is located in the knee and back of the leg. The team termed surgery successful and said Miller, 33, “remains at UMC, along with Bears medical personnel, where he will stay under further evaluation.”

So it's unlikely that the leg will be amputated (there are a lot of other arteries that provide perfusion, so the leg doesn't die)

whats the difference between the femoral and the popliteal?

the picture make them look like they are the same artery, just different sections

could he have died from this, lke when the femoral is punctured?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    i was just going off the bears statement that surgery was a success, the surgery was to save his leg, so it being successful would have to mean that they saved it

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-in-retired-wr

The Philadelphia Eagles and Jacksonville Jaguars are the two teams that reached out to the Detroit Lions about potentially trading for retired wide receiver Calvin Johnson.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen discussed the situation Monday morning on Mike & Mike.

"The speculation has been the Philadelphia Eagles," Mortensen said (h/t Jimmy Kempski of the Philly Voice). "Once again, they need a tackle. They’re 7-1. They have only a first-round pick next year, and three 4s. They don’t have a second- or third-round pick. That’s not good.

"What’s it going to take to get Calvin Johnson, who by the way has a base salary still on the books for $16 million? Calvin has been working out, I guess, but does he really want to play? Jacksonville’s ears are perked up. Chances are, I don’t think it happens.”

The wire says the Seahawks traded for left tackle Duane Brown from the Texans. Wonder if Philly was ever in the conversation?

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    The wire says the Seahawks traded for left tackle Duane Brown from the Texans. Wonder if Philly was ever in the conversation?
    Seattle gave up cornerback Jeremy Lane, a 2018 5th round pick and a 2019 2nd round pick for Brown.

whats the difference between the femoral and the popliteal?

the picture make them look like they are the same artery, just different sections

could he have died from this, lke when the femoral is punctured?
    just different names for different levels, but it is the same artery. You typically won't bleed out from the pop, but you have to repair it or the leg is dead below that site.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Seattle gave up cornerback Jeremy Lane, a 2018 5th round pick and a 2019 2nd round pick for Brown.
    Seattle wants to win. TT is sitting on his hands. He knows the Packers will still sell out games no matter what shit they throw on the field.

Redskins have the Packer plague too...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ngton-redskins

By game's end, the Redskins' offensive line included a rookie undrafted free agent taking snaps at left tackle for the first time as a pro (Tyler Catalina), a left guard signed Saturday (Arie Kouandjio), a rookie center (Chase Roullier) and a right guard who was signed earlier in the week (Tony Bergstrom).

Washington already was without its top backup tackle, Ty Nsekhe, because of a core muscle injury. He was joined on the sideline by Williams, center Spencer Long (knees/quads) and right guard Brandon Scherff (knee).

"It makes me sick to my stomach," Long said of all the injuries.

Of the Redskins' top six linemen, only one, right tackle Morgan Moses, was on the field at game's end. He, too, is dealing with two sprained ankles.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Seattle wants to win. TT is sitting on his hands. He knows the Packers will still sell out games no matter what shit they throw on the field.
    Unless we trade for an elite QB we aren't going anywhere with this team even if he made a trade for a defensive player.

[QUOTE=MadScientist;947202]
    bears TE zach miller could lose his leg after dislocating his knee yesterday

doctors are trying hard to save it

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/doctors...133453600.html

That picture was so awful I had to block it. I really wish Miller the best for his recovery and hope the leg can be saved. It's like his knee did what Bridgewater's did last year, except there was a guy on him.
    The injuries this Season have looked really brutal on Video but this one...is enough to make you gag.

This is just so horrible.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Unless we trade for an elite QB we aren't going anywhere with this team even if he made a trade for a defensive player.
    Defend his 'Head In The Sand Ass'.

NO... don't ever imagine that the job of a competent GM in any Pro Sport is to do everything in his power to upgrade his team. He does that at every single opportunity.

Look at the success of the NE Patriots and Bill Belichick.

You missed your calling as a Defense Lawyer.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

With Rodgers potentially out for the rest of the season, there is no reason to trade for any position.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Defend his 'Head In The Sand Ass'.

NO... don't ever imagine that the job of a competent GM in any Pro Sport is to do everything in his power to upgrade his team. He does that at every single opportunity.

Look at the success of the NE Patriots and Bill Belichick.

You missed your calling as a Defense Lawyer.
    Upgrade for when? For this season? For the next two or three years? For the long-term competetiveness of the franchise?

Woody, if you want to see your definition of a "competent" GM who is doing everything he can to get the biggest names rightnow, look at the Redskins of just a few years back.
    be
    If you mean that a competent GM thinks only about right this moment, then Belichek must be terrible, as he traded away his highly-regarded backup QB for a draft pick next year.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    With Rodgers potentially out for the rest of the season, there is no reason to trade for any position.
    soooo...trying to improve the team for next year, and beyond, couldn't have been done? they should never not be thinking about making the team better by any means possible.