Thread: Wanna Sign Andrew Luck?

Wanna Sign Andrew Luck?

Because Jim Irsay is working overtime to make him want to leave.

https://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz...perate-remarks

Patrick asked Dungy about the Luck situation, and Dungy responded, “I don’t know what’s going on there. Jim Irsay made a comment to me about six weeks ago, `It’s inside his head now.’"
    On Aug. 13, Irsay said, “It’s been said before, all sports is played on a 4-inch field between your ears. It’s really important we continue to help Andrew emotionally, mentally, get his confidence and his endorsement, deep down his rubber stamp (in) his heart of hearts because in the end, that carries the biggest weight."

Then, during the Colts’ final preseason game this summer, Irsay went in the TV booth and again brought up those four inches between the ears.

“…You have to be able to deal with this, not only physically but mentally," Irsay said. “I have no doubt that Andrew, the person that he is, he’s going to come out of this thing not just how he was but a better quarterback. `When’ is the question. That timetable is more on the football gods and Andrew’s gut feeling on how he’s feeling."

Irsay, an accomplished inheritor, obviously has the ability to discern physical ailments from his years of abusing drugs and alcohol.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

This is after 2 seasons in which Luck was obviously playing hurt.

It begs the question about whether Luck has been receiving proper medical care and advice or if the team has badly handled his injury all along.

The bad advice could flow from the top down.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I'm willing to sign Kap after seeing what Hundley has done this season. That is sheer desperation.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I'm willing to sign Kap after seeing what Hundley has done this season. That is sheer desperation.
    Hell, i'm willing to exhume the corpse of Johnny Unitas and see what he can do. You can dink and dunk with maggots coming out of your eyes. I say they're favored against the Bears with post-life Unitas at the helm. Get on board the Unitas corpse train while there's room!

Ha, if they run off Andy Luck, that would be a historically stupid move. I'd take him in a second. ARod isn't getting any younger.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Ha, if they run off Andy Luck, that would be a historically stupid move. I'd take him in a second. ARod isn't getting any younger.
    I'd take him too. Is Indy seriously considering cutting Luck? If they do Luck won't be unemployed very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I'd take him too. Is Indy seriously considering cutting Luck? If they do Luck won't be unemployed very long.
    I don't know. Luck might be damaged goods.

The more this story sits in my head, the more frustrated it makes me.

This kid played like a warrior while his shoulder/ribs/whateveritwas was hurt for two years. And after getting it fixed, he's being told its in his head. As if a surgery on soft tissue has never failed to alleviate the problem completely.

They should be thanking him for making them look less dumb than the owner/GM/coach actually are.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The more this story sits in my head, the more frustrated it makes me.

This kid played like a warrior while his shoulder/ribs/whateveritwas was hurt for two years. And after getting it fixed, he's being told its in his head. As if a surgery on soft tissue has never failed to alleviate the problem completely.

They should be thanking him for making them look less dumb than the owner/GM/coach actually are.
    It's all in your head, PB.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    There's probably more to Irsay's obsession about 4 inches than he's letting on. Probably a deep rooted sense of inadequacy there.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    That's the talk and anything Green Bay Packers after what the Nation saw and Packers Vs THE DETROIT LIONS last night on MNF. THe Green Bay Packers were never in that game.

The only thing that was sucking more for some real life were the Packer fans sitting quietly in Lambeau Field.

Everyone was inagreement that it only seemed logical for Ted Thompson to ASAP sign Colin Kapernick. Brett Hundley isn't an NFL quality QB. It's not between his ears it's not at all agreeable with his temperment.

What will happen:

The Packer Family will get set for the next game.

The game plan will be worked up and there will be a solid wek of practices.They will be ready for a 'W' and Week 10...and ...and...and...and...and...and....and the Season will TANK.

Ohh Gee ! Ted Thompson will have a higher Draft Pick. That's going to correct things.

NOT.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

The guy has had non-stop shoulder pain for 3 years now...I doubt we ever see the same guy who showed tremendous promise years ago. The Colts did no favors to that kid.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    The only thing that was sucking more for some real life were the Packer fans sitting quietly in Lambeau Field.
    Sorry Woodbuck but the crowd was really into the game last night. Even when the defense hadn't put any stops up in the first half we were standing and screaming on every 3rd down. I can barely talk today and that usually doesn't happen after a Packer game for me. Frankly, I was surprised how much the fans were into the game given the fact that Rogers was not playing.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    It's all in your head, PB.
    Yep.

And Luck's lacerated kidney. That was the injury I couldn't remember.

Irsay should do a bender and disappear for 1-3 years.