Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs Lions Game Day Thread

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I wonder if this is the worst showing ever after a bye week, offense and defense?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    I would like to know. Did anybody here REALLY think we would beat Brees or Stafford after Rodgers went down?

I didn't. We stand a chance against the Bears, maybe a chance against the Ravens. No chance against the Steelers. A chance against the Bucs. We might even be favored against the Browns. We'll lose our last three games if Rodgers can't play.

Looking at possibly 6 to 8 wins, probably closer to 6. That's reality. It's the same reality the Saints would have if Brees went down, and the same reality for the Lions if Stafford went down. The Vikings have a good defense and have never had a QB so they can win without one.
    You are being optimistic if you think we can win more than 1 or 2 more games this season.

Both games could have been contested with a functional offense.

But that was a long shot given its a QB making his first two starts.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Lambeau rarity - crowd half gone.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Lambeau rarity - crowd half gone.
    In the old days, extra time to drink nearby.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Lions didn't punt once in the game. Our defense will be giving punters a lot of rest during the remaining games.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    In the old days, extra time to drink nearby.
    Milwaukee game on a weekday. Not shocked at all.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
    Vince Lombardi

"Not really interested in being a spoiler or an underdog. We're the Green Bay Packers." McCarthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Lions didn't punt once in the game. Our defense will be giving punters a lot of rest during the remaining games.
    That is pretty damning.

top reasons for loss:

1) Defense with no significant stops
    2) Pussified offense
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Milwaukee game on a weekday. Not shocked at all.
    Oh yeah, gold package. god I could have been at this one.

My pregame prediction in this thread was Lions 31-17. Pretty close.

The Bears will punt, the Ravens will punt, the Bucs will punt, and the Browns will punt. They don't have the QBs that can eat us alive without a pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    The Bears will punt, the Ravens will punt, the Bucs will punt, and the Browns will punt. They don't have the QBs that can eat us alive without a pass rush.
    Sounds like you think we have at least 4 more wins in us. I don't see more than a couple.

Sounds like you think we have at least 4 more wins in us. I don't see more than a couple.
    Not really. Those are the teams we have a fighting chance against. We might win 2 of them.

Well that article about the offense changing and Capers being left behind looked dead on balls accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I wonder if this is the worst showing ever after a bye week, offense and defense?
    No way, the Chicago Rams absolutely stunk up the joint after the Pearl Harbor game cancellation.

Time to start a "fire somebody" thread.
    C.H.U.D.

There's probably a pretty good chance that Hundley will be provisional starting material by the time the season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    It's time for pbmax to go, he has gotten way too big for his britches. put him on a post count, at minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    That's Red's job, but you can tell his heart isn't in it.