I blame Capers for the lions share of the issue, but not all of it. I appreciate the TT way, but when you operate as he does using mostly the draft and UFA's, and not a lot of FA's, save for this last off-season, you really need to have better results from more of the picks. If you know you have not hit on a lot of your recent draft picks on defense, you need to know when it's time to fish or cut bait and think even harder about bringing a more immediate impact player.

That said, Capers has had his chance and should be dismissed. He did better when he had Kevin Greene, Greg Lloyd, Levon Kirkland, Carnell Lake...you get the point, back in the 1990's. Nobody is going to mistake our defensive personnel with the 1994 Steeler's defense, but he did well with those really good players. Just sayin' Again, I am not defending him remaining, I'm just saying it's personnel as much as it is anything, and the person in charge of that mostly is TT.

Perhaps TT will leave, even though Mark Murphy has said publicly that he can be there as long as he wants, and by leave I mean, we'll make it look like it was your idea and you'll take a scouting job or fully retire. We need a GM that is more aggressive in free agency without guaranteeing stupid money, to offset the possibility of not hitting on personnel, which TT clearly has not done consistently on D. Sure, I get that there have been a ton of injuries, and youth, but then the scheme needs to be more simplified.