Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
I've been off the Capers train since 579!
579 is about 4 games worth of Hundley.

Oh, anyone else catch this from Matthew Stafford last night? Matthew Stafford, “We had some success because we knew what blitz’s or which blitz’s would be coming, especially on third down. The screen that almost went for the touchdown, we went to the line with 3 plays. If they were doing a middle blitz, which they did, we ran the screen. If they ran a slot blitz, we were running a bubble, if they weren’t running any, we had another play in mind. When they blitz the middle, they’ll drop one of their safeties close to the line, typically Dix because in dime or Nickel Burnett is usually up already anyway, for middle protection. If they brought their slot guy, they would slide Martinez over to cover for his blitz. So when Dix slid down, and both Perry & Matthew slid into an inside gap, we knew exactly what blitz was coming. That happened on almost all our 3rd down plays tonight.”
That is one hell of an indictment of Capers. Maybe if they don't want to fire him now, Don de don don can come up with some sort of health issue that will sideline him for the year and then let him slide into retirement (and take TT with him). I'm not quite ready to give up on MM yet, but I might be there by the end of the season.