Thread: Official Fire Dom Capers Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Seems like we've had way more high draft picks going for defense lately. The #1s Ted has gotten us haven't played like #1s. The #2s and #3s haven't looked like 2s and 3s either for the post part. I still have hopes Randall will amount to something, but you expect more of a #1 than we have seen. Fackrell was what? a #3? He should be a helluva lot farther along, especially where he is older and supposedly more mature than other second year players. Martinez is about what you'd expect from a #3 or 4; Ryan is not even close. Kenny Clark if he continues to improve, just might be good enough to make up for Datone.

We just don't get as much quality from our draft picks as most teams. I suppose you can give the head coach and coordinators some blame, but the buck stops with the GM.

And of course, almost zilch in quality free agents
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Seems like we've had way more high draft picks going for defense lately. The #1s Ted has gotten us haven't played like #1s. The #2s and #3s haven't looked like 2s and 3s either for the post part. I still have hopes Randall will amount to something, but you expect more of a #1 than we have seen. Fackrell was what? a #3? He should be a helluva lot farther along, especially where he is older and supposedly more mature than other second year players. Martinez is about what you'd expect from a #3 or 4; Ryan is not even close. Kenny Clark if he continues to improve, just might be good enough to make up for Datone.

We just don't get as much quality from our draft picks as most teams. I suppose you can give the head coach and coordinators some blame, but the buck stops with the GM.

And of course, almost zilch in quality free agents
    Don't forget that because of our draft position, our #1 picks are de facto #2 picks, etc. etc. We get the bottom of the barrel of each round, unless we trade up.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    We just don't get as much quality from our draft picks as most teams.
    I'd like to see your analysis. Give a few examples.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    It’ll be awhile. He has to sort through his assnapkins.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    It’ll be awhile. He has to sort through his assnapkins.
    assnapkins are critical for anal lysis.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Hope he doesn't blow out an O-ring.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

If we are splittting anuses, is that anal fission or anal fissure?

LOL this is non sense...he is supposed to give you some kind of report with 'stats' to back up his argument? Do you watch this defense play? That's enough analysis...game after game year after year same shit- people running wide open, d backs looking around with their hands up ....and you want analysis....and another poster said something about shoddy tackling?? LOL shoddy is hardly strong enough to describe that bullshit.

This defensive production is squarely on TT and M3. Capers has some culpability but he's running what M3 wants and M3 thinks he's always going to be playing with a huge lead thus forcing the opposing team into lots of risky passing situations allowing the d to get turnovers. I remember him saying as much in an interview several years ago. Fire Capers as long as you bring in a GM with some attitude and balls. Milquetoast Thompson....and Stubborn M3. Is he that dumb he can't see what's wrong with his own defense? Seriously....

Quote Originally Posted by ZachMN View Post
    LOL this is non sense...he is supposed to give you some kind of report with 'stats' to back up his argument? Do you watch this defense play? That's enough analysis...game after game year after year same shit- people running wide open, d backs looking around with their hands up ....and you want analysis....and another poster said something about shoddy tackling?? LOL shoddy is hardly strong enough to describe that bullshit.

This defensive production is squarely on TT and M3. Capers has some culpability but he's running what M3 wants and M3 thinks he's always going to be playing with a huge lead thus forcing the opposing team into lots of risky passing situations allowing the d to get turnovers. I remember him saying as much in an interview several years ago. Fire Capers as long as you bring in a GM with some attitude and balls. Milquetoast Thompson....and Stubborn M3. Is he that dumb he can't see what's wrong with his own defense? Seriously....
    Nailed it !

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I see you're good at providing fact free analysis too. What you posted has nothing to do with what I was asking for. Someone throws out a statement that the Packers don't draft as well as other teams with nothing to support it, and I call bullshit. You've added nothing to that conversation - par for the course. But you impressed woodcock - that alone should fill you with shame. I await your next brilliant summation.

[QUOTE=mraynrand;957850]I see you're good at providing fact free analysis too. What you posted has nothing to do with what I was asking for. Someone throws out a statement that the Packers don't draft as well as other teams with nothing to support it, and I call bullshit. You've added nothing to that conversation - par for the course. But you impressed woodcock - that alone should fill you with shame. I await your next brilliant summation.[/QUOTE

Oh I added something and your response proves that. And to be fair someone can make a statement without supporting it and it can still be true. Sorry we all don't have time to give you detailed analysis with spreadsheets and matrices to 'back up' our opinion. All I have is the Scoreboard.

All I have is the Scoreboard.
    OK, well, if you're gonna 'bottom line' it then the Packers org. has been more successful than 1-3 teams over the TT/Stubby/Capers era, so you're crushingly wrong by your own standard. But we already knew that. Try again, or just fall back on your typical empty snark as usual.

OK, well, if you're gonna 'bottom line' it then the Packers org. has been more successful than 1-3 teams over the TT/Stubby/Capers era, so you're crushingly wrong by your own standard. But we already knew that. Try again, or just fall back on your typical empty snark as usual.
    Wow. Your happy with the results this regime has proffered over the last decade? I guess I expect better than one SB appearance and choke jobs when it matters. Like all message boards and forums online this one has it's philistine contingent which as usual I rub the wrong way due to pointing out the obvious. I define success not by how the 'stats' say I look over a given period. I define it as Winning Championships. And not 'division' championships either....more non sense..... So go use your 'stats' to 'prove' you arguments to all your sycophant buddies and ignore people like me who don't buy what you're selling.