Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fire Dom Capers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Yes. And on Ted's shoulders lies the very big mistake of wasting a third round pick on Fackrell. That guy is as effective as a sack of potatoes thrown onto the field. Frankly, Rollins, too, was a terrible pick. And Datone Jones.
    Don't forget Jerel Worthy and Rich Rod. They have all turned out to be bad picks, but in order to decide whether or not that is a strike against TT you'd have to look at how his drafts have compared to those of other teams. My intuition is that his bust rate is better than average (fewer busts) but that in recent years his "home runs" have been few and far between. Is that because the Packers are drafting toward the end of each round, or because the don't develop talent, or because the schemes they use are inadequate, or because TT hasn't been able to put together the right balance between position units? If you believe that the primary problem with the defense is lack of pass rush then the lion's share of the blame would seem to fall on TT for ignoring the positional straw that stirs the defensive drink. That might also explain why guys like Hayward and Hyde have had immediate success after leaving. Except that on paper San Diego's pass rush was no better than Green Bay's last year, so not clear that pass rush explains everything.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    virtually no one on the defense looks aggressive. They all look like they're playing on their heels, afraid to make a mistake. Maybe Jones and Daniels when he's not being an idiot are consistently aggressive. But it's not enough.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Thank you Mailman! Fire him now.
    C.H.U.D.

I have supported Thompson, because I think he does a pretty good job...now when you're a draft only type of team you better strike it rich, and since we haven't, and he's lacked signing free agents, it gets us to where we are today.

I have long not been a fan of either McCarthy or Capers. Even the super bowl year I brought up numerous issues I had with each. You can go through the draft picks all the way back to JUSTIN HARRELL and place blame on Thompson, but the fact is that it isn't just Thompson who makes those picks, he works hand in hand with the coaches who also make evaluations on those picks. Any good team doesn't just have the GM pick whom ever he wants, he works with scouts and coaches. The thing is who has really developed? Daniels? Clark? Burnett? Dix has fallen off this year. Matthews is still OK, but obviously isn't who he once was, and age and injuries has a lot to do with that. Perry....I want to love him, but he kind of is who he is, last year was almost a fluke. Martinez is looking nice, Ryan should be one of those develop guys who hasn't. Rollins and Randall have disappointed. Jones has huge potential. I was a big fan of King, but am seeing flaws in him that need coaching...but I'm not sure if he's getting the coaching to improve. Lowry has improved, but his ceiling was rather low to start with. My hope is Adams and Biegel start to get some snaps and show signs of life, because we need it.

Capers has to go. Radio today they said if you believe it's the players, then it's on Thompson. If you believe it's the scheme, it's on Capers. I believe it's the scheme.

Oh, anyone else catch this from Matthew Stafford last night? Matthew Stafford, “We had some success because we knew what blitz’s or which blitz’s would be coming, especially on third down. The screen that almost went for the touchdown, we went to the line with 3 plays. If they were doing a middle blitz, which they did, we ran the screen. If they ran a slot blitz, we were running a bubble, if they weren’t running any, we had another play in mind. When they blitz the middle, they’ll drop one of their safeties close to the line, typically Dix because in dime or Nickel Burnett is usually up already anyway, for middle protection. If they brought their slot guy, they would slide Martinez over to cover for his blitz. So when Dix slid down, and both Perry & Matthew slid into an inside gap, we knew exactly what blitz was coming. That happened on almost all our 3rd down plays tonight.”
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

TT and MM have Dom Capers in place as the Packer DC. That and for way too long. Wist43 has always been right.

I have been right.

FIRE ALL THREE Of Them !

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    I have supported Thompson, because I think he does a pretty good job...now when you're a draft only type of team you better strike it rich, and since we haven't, and he's lacked signing free agents, it gets us to where we are today.

I have long not been a fan of either McCarthy or Capers. Even the super bowl year I brought up numerous issues I had with each. You can go through the draft picks all the way back to JUSTIN HARRELL and place blame on Thompson, but the fact is that it isn't just Thompson who makes those picks, he works hand in hand with the coaches who also make evaluations on those picks. Any good team doesn't just have the GM pick whom ever he wants, he works with scouts and coaches. The thing is who has really developed? Daniels? Clark? Burnett? Dix has fallen off this year. Matthews is still OK, but obviously isn't who he once was, and age and injuries has a lot to do with that. Perry....I want to love him, but he kind of is who he is, last year was almost a fluke. Martinez is looking nice, Ryan should be one of those develop guys who hasn't. Rollins and Randall have disappointed. Jones has huge potential. I was a big fan of King, but am seeing flaws in him that need coaching...but I'm not sure if he's getting the coaching to improve. Lowry has improved, but his ceiling was rather low to start with. My hope is Adams and Biegel start to get some snaps and show signs of life, because we need it.

Capers has to go. Radio today they said if you believe it's the players, then it's on Thompson. If you believe it's the scheme, it's on Capers. I believe it's the scheme.

Oh, anyone else catch this from Matthew Stafford last night? Matthew Stafford, “We had some success because we knew what blitz’s or which blitz’s would be coming, especially on third down. The screen that almost went for the touchdown, we went to the line with 3 plays. If they were doing a middle blitz, which they did, we ran the screen. If they ran a slot blitz, we were running a bubble, if they weren’t running any, we had another play in mind. When they blitz the middle, they’ll drop one of their safeties close to the line, typically Dix because in dime or Nickel Burnett is usually up already anyway, for middle protection. If they brought their slot guy, they would slide Martinez over to cover for his blitz. So when Dix slid down, and both Perry & Matthew slid into an inside gap, we knew exactly what blitz was coming. That happened on almost all our 3rd down plays tonight.”
    That is damning of Capers, absolutely.

But Matt needs to learn that you don't make words plural by adding an apostrophe.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

That is damning of Capers, absolutely.

But Matt needs to learn that you don't make words plural by adding an apostrophe.
    That would be my awesome autocorrect that never knows what it's doing.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Give Capers his Papers!
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

The Answer is Blowin' in the Cheese (Seems appropriate again)

How many years can this team disappoint
    Before some changes are made?
    How many times can our hopes fly high
    Before their allowed to fade?
    How many times will our dreams wind up
    Like the career of Mossy Cade?
    The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the cheese
    The answer is blowin' in the cheese.

How many times can McCarthy waste a great QB
    Is it bad luck, coaching or fate?
    How many DB's does Capers need
    Before they can com-mun-i-cate?
    How many times will we under achieve
    Before it's time to cut bait?
    The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the cheese
    The answer is blowin' in the cheese.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Fire Dom now!

Not sure what they've got to lose. I think the game - and many opposing quarterbacks - have passed him by. Or by him.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I've been off the Capers train since 579!

wist43...wist43...wist43...wist43...wist43...wist4 3...wist43...wist43...wist43

Pay attention to common sense.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I've been on the Fire Capers bandwagon since last year. There is talent on this defense. I don't think it's being coached up.
    Is there though? Where exactly is this talent you speak of? Now maybe the complexity and nuance of the system don't fit the kind of players we keep drafting. And that's an entire separate issue, maddening in its own right.
    But this defense is simply not talented. As a DC how do you implement an effective defense with a front 7 that doesn't get pressure, and DBS that rarely win individual matchups. Slow, timid, flat footed, soft players all over the field. Us Anti-Teds were right, and we've been saying it for years. This team has been competive and a contender almost exclusively because they have the greatest qb of all time who pulls miracles out of his ass and makes plays and throws no one else can.
    I feel confident saying that if you removed every starting qb from every team and evaluated each roster, the Packers would be bottom 3 or 4 talent wise.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    I've been off the Capers train since 579!
    579 is about 4 games worth of Hundley.

That is one hell of an indictment of Capers. Maybe if they don't want to fire him now, Don de don don can come up with some sort of health issue that will sideline him for the year and then let him slide into retirement (and take TT with him). I'm not quite ready to give up on MM yet, but I might be there by the end of the season.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

In a Capers defense, not the dish posted above, it all starts with the OLB.

What does Green Bay have there ?

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post

I do too. There is talent on this team but we are becoming too predictable on defense. I too am on the Fire Capers train.

Fire Dom now!

Not sure what they've got to lose. I think the game - and many opposing quarterbacks - have passed him by. Or by him.
    We have to let Dom stay on for a while longer so we tank the rest of the season and get a high draft position for the first time since we drafted Raji and Clay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I do too. There is talent on this team but we are becoming too predictable on defense. I too am on the Fire Capers train.
    Ohh my God Thanks, Thank You .... for small miracles: Finally..... ' the Voice of decent REASONING'.