Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fire Dom Capers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    In a Capers defense, not the dish posted above, it all starts with the OLB.

What does Green Bay have there ?
    A banged up - as always - Nick Perry.
    An over the hill Clay Matthews. Clay can be effective but it is past time that he should be an every down pass rusher.
    An ineffective Fackrell.
    A FA in Brooks who could have helped us but has a bad back and has been out for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    We have to let Dom stay on for a while longer so we tank the rest of the season and get a high draft position for the first time since we drafted Raji and Clay.
    NO NO NO Way !

Your 'only' giving it some small chance that he will be retained in'THE PACKER FAMILY'.

It's just this ASAP
    :

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Ohh my God Thanks, Thank You .... for small miracles: Finally..... ' the Voice of decent REASONING'.

Let's hope McCarthy gets on the Fire Capers train in January.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    NO NO NO Way !

Your 'only' giving it some small chance that he will be retained in'THE PACKER FAMILY'.

It's just this ASAP
    :

If we tank and have the worst defense in the league at the end of the season there is no way in hell Capers job is secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    A banged up - as always - Nick Perry.
    An over the hill Clay Matthews. Clay can be effective but it is past time that he should be an every down pass rusher.
    An ineffective Fackrell.
    A FA in Brooks who could have helped us but has a bad back and has been out for weeks.
    Nope !

This is the REAL and TOTAL Answer FIRE DOM and Mike McCarthy and Certainly FIRE Ted Thompson he has tried and tried and tried for too long now and simply failing Packer Nation.

It's time for a brand new set of Packer Brass.

Take the OLD and Tired and BULLSHIT and Burn it UP:

** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

The Green Bay Packers are on a 'Ride To Nowhere' and have neen right there since their last Super Bowl win.

It is clearly time for a Brand New PLAN.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    MM and Capers need to be gone. Along with TT.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    MM and Capers need to be gone. Along with TT.
    You're suggesting a complete organizational rebuilding from top to bottom? (Might as well throw Mark Murphy in there as well.)

Actually, come to think of it, what responsibility does Murphy bear - hanging his hat on an individual player and not ciphering the potential problems at GM and coaching?

My opinion is that TT and the scouting is below average on evaluating. No team is without sin but I see other teams week after week on highlights with more going on Defensively. It may seem counter intuitive but in my eyes I would always draft solid D linemen as they will make every other d position better. And living in Mpls I see the 'queens reload with new talent all the time so how can we not find even one guy who can rush the passer consistently? Our D does the same old bull rush play after play after play and the opposing qb's sit there and pick us apart game after game.. I thought Capers was the architect of the Pittsburgh D with stunts? I have seen that rarely from this team....Capers is doing what M3 wants him to do... I hate to pick on Capers but he is symptomatic of M3 and TT. Have to cut all the cancer out. Start fresh.

Choo mutha’ fuckin’ Choo!

If we indeed clean house I hope we find a OC that runs the same offense Mac has installed all this time. Rodgers is so good he could adjust but could the rest of the offensive players or should we make wholesale changes there too?

I've been waffling about whether our DC needs to be replaced. On one hand, the results are in black and white. We see it every week. Either our pass defense gives up big play after big play, or we play 2 deep and the opposing offense nickels and dimes us to death. Our run defense is a sieve when we play decent pass defense, or it holds strong and we can't stop a 3rd and 14 pass.

But, we need to put this into context. Patler provided some excellent analysis when he said:

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    It's not just Shields.

Losing a guy like Collins so early in his career, when he was Pro-Bowl caliber and still ascending, hurt the defense for not only the years he would have played, but also for the missed opportunities with players at other positions as they tried to find his replacement. Would they have still drafted HHCD with Collins and Burnett on their roster? Who might they have drafted instead? Collins could be playing still today. He just turned 34.

Whether due to injuries or something else, Matthews career as a dominant player lasted just 4, maybe 6 years. Players of the type he was his first 4 years typically dominate for 8-10 years or so and are better than average for a while after that. They often have very long careers, especially when they have the rare combination of size, speed and strength that Matthews has. Only in his 9th year now, it has been a long time since he has worried OCs around the league.

Collins was the best player on defense when he was lost. Matthews was for a short time, then faded away very young. Shields was or could have been the best on defense, then he, too was lost. As a result there has been no one to build around. No one to rely on year after year. The defense has never established a foundation. Their best players never last for an expected career length. That is why the defense is constantly changing. It has had to.
    Add in the seasonal injuries that we seem to always be facing, and I think that better explains the average to below average results.

On the other hand, defensive coordinators don't usually hold that job for as long as Capers has. If Stafford actually said that the Lions knew what plays the Packers were running, and some Packers players have said in interviews that it seemed like the Lions knew exactly what plays to dial up, then perhaps too much film is out there on our tendencies. It might be better to see if we can change things up by bringing in someone from outside the organization. It might also be better to see if someone else can coach some of the good players we have into what might be called a "special" player. With 2 or 3 of those, next year might look like 2010.

Some of you guys are so apologetic it's almost impossible to come here and read some of these posts anymore.

If this is an injury thing or a lack of talent thing, then how can a new DC come in with a team and all of a sudden they're playing much better? Coaches don't matter at all? Just in general, how does Goff go from a bust to leading the best offense in the league? How is Heyward one of the best CBs in the league two consecutive years after leaving GB? How is Hyde leading the league in INTs? Peppers looks like he's 10 years younger all of a sudden? I'm sure just coincidence!

Think Capers is a capable coach? Watch this: https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/s...50831152345089

According to Gruden it was obvious 2 man that was the problem.

Its not the scheme. All schemes are vulnerable to something. There is either an area or numbers mismatch in anything but the most vanilla scheme. And the most vanilla scheme is vulnerable to offenses forcing it to do something its players can't do.

The problem is construction. Everything Capers does is to prevent big plays and get turnovers. To do that with his schemes he needs pressure. There ain't no pressure. Even when blitzing there is not immediate pressure.

If you are going to play this way (and not having a pass rush is kinda limiting) you need to creep up and play tight coverage, risk a big play, and give your front and blitzes time to GET pressure. They have tried bleeding slowly and they are close to passing out anyway.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I think Capers, in his day, was a very good coach. At this point, he's past his prime. He doesn't have the same energy now that he had 10 or 20 years ago. I don't blame Capers for holding on...the ego and ethic that these coaches all have to get where they are in their careers is what prevents most of them from walking away when they should.

It should be McCarthy's place to step in and ensure that Capers doesn't merely become a tenured faculty member...but McCarthy has proven time and again that he is loyal to a fault with most of his coaches and players.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Not only does the opposition seem to know what's coming, but from where as well. When Dom sent all the dogs up the middle, Detroit ran a screen to the outside and game over.
    I think the pass for the long screen went directly over Daniels who was on the ground. I haven't had a chance to look back and see how he was taken out of the play, but that was key it seemed.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    I've been waffling about whether our DC needs to be replaced. On one hand, the results are in black and white. We see it every week. Either our pass defense gives up big play after big play, or we play 2 deep and the opposing offense nickels and dimes us to death. Our run defense is a sieve when we play decent pass defense, or it holds strong and we can't stop a 3rd and 14 pass.

But, we need to put this into context. Patler provided some excellent analysis when he said:

Add in the seasonal injuries that we seem to always be facing, and I think that better explains the average to below average results.

On the other hand, defensive coordinators don't usually hold that job for as long as Capers has. If Stafford actually said that the Lions knew what plays the Packers were running, and some Packers players have said in interviews that it seemed like the Lions knew exactly what plays to dial up, then perhaps too much film is out there on our tendencies. It might be better to see if we can change things up by bringing in someone from outside the organization. It might also be better to see if someone else can coach some of the good players we have into what might be called a "special" player. With 2 or 3 of those, next year might look like 2010.
    When I watched the last game Romo called (don't remember which), he was often calling plays ahead of time. If he knows it, then the defensive stars know it too. It's just a matter of execution or playing against your own tendencies. It makes me think from film study that most players can guess the plays based on personnel and field position (Charles Woodson was exceptional at this), and success is based on "beating your guy".
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

More I think about pass rush the more it’s clear that the failure of personnel is not on D line but OLB.

I liked Hayward and Hyde. This year feels like we're missing Burnett with injury given the adjustments required in Doms D.

But I've also been on record that Clay seems overpaid for value.

Is this another Hayward/Hyde/Peppers situation in the making - ie - we drop Clay and he goes onto former greatness on another team?

Time to fire Dom and let the new guy sort it out.

If the Bears beat us up and down the field - TT better make that happen or it's time for a rebuild while we still have Arod near prime.