Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fire Dom Capers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    I liked Hayward and Hyde. This year feels like we're missing Burnett with injury given the adjustments required in Doms D.

But I've also been on record that Clay seems overpaid for value.

Is this another Hayward/Hyde/Peppers situation in the making - ie - we drop Clay and he goes onto former greatness on another team?

Time to fire Dom and let the new guy sort it out.

If the Bears beat us up and down the field - TT better make that happen or it's time for a rebuild while we still have Arod near prime.
    I worry the new guy won't be able to sort it out. Not because the talent isn't there, but because there are few D coordinators who are consistently good. Finding the next one is likely impossible.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    Think Capers is a capable coach? Watch this: https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/s...50831152345089
    Why in the world is Josh Jones playing so deep?
    Go PACK

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    Some of you guys are so apologetic it's almost impossible to come here and read some of these posts anymore.

If this is an injury thing or a lack of talent thing, then how can a new DC come in with a team and all of a sudden they're playing much better? Coaches don't matter at all? Just in general, how does Goff go from a bust to leading the best offense in the league? How is Heyward one of the best CBs in the league two consecutive years after leaving GB? How is Hyde leading the league in INTs? Peppers looks like he's 10 years younger all of a sudden? I'm sure just coincidence!

Think Capers is a capable coach? Watch this: https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/s...50831152345089

that's a awful play. But look at the line. The pressure is totally non-existant. Matthews gets blocked STRAIGHT UP by a running back who then MOVES him into a double team with an O-lineman. Clay should have been able to run over the running back, but played dancing bear. If Clay runs over the running back - or at the very least gains leverage to one shoulder, he would significantly re-direct Stafford. The coverage is poor, but the pressure is a mess. What the hell happened to Matthews' aggressiveness?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    that's a awful play. But look at the line. The pressure is totally non-existant. Matthews gets blocked STRAIGHT UP by a running back who then MOVES him into a double team with an O-lineman. Clay should have been able to run over the running back, but played dancing bear. If Clay runs over the running back - or at the very least gains leverage to one shoulder, he would significantly re-direct Stafford. The coverage is poor, but the pressure is a mess. What the hell happened to Matthews' aggressiveness?
    This is what happens when you're more worried about the bankroll instead of producing in a football role. I think Clay is more show than go anymore.
    Last edited by Gotarace; 11-09-2017 at 12:32 PM.

Last edited by Gotarace; 11-09-2017 at 12:31 PM. Reason: double post

I think it's time to call in to question effort here. Not just Matthews but others as well. Sure, if Clay wanted to he could have put his shoulder down and bulled over the RB causing disruption to the play. But he didn't. Why? I bet if he was in Minn or on Carolina's D he wouldn't be giving up so easy. They get after it. We always seem to assume well they're dealing with an injury or it's the scheme. Effort is one thing that can really make the difference to play quality. Adams not laying out for that long pass is another example. Time to look in the mirror for a lot of people over at 1265.

I'm concerned that Aaron Rodgers may not come back as strong as he was and that was Top Shelf STRONG.

It has to be a completely new set of Brass and Aaron Rodgers strong mind to work with.

It must be FIRE TT and MM and 'of course' Dom Capers; an NFL DC who simply cannot get it done with his Schemes. His days and NFL as a DC are likely over.

That TRIO is beyond too tired now. They have to go for 'any REAL chance with Aaron Rodgers'.

For too long too many Packerrats have been in denial and finally the Charade has been exposed. Without Aaron Rodgers we see UGLY.

Without Aaron Rodgers the Green Bay Packers are a bottom of the barrel NFL Team. The Packers weakness was covered up by the extraordinary talent of Aaron Rodgers.

The EXCUSES are now over and quite frankly too humourous to observe.

TT and MM and Dom Capers are clearly all an embarrassment to Packer Nation .
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Gotarace View Post
    This is what happens when you're more worried about the bankroll instead of producing in a football role. I think Clay is more show than go anymore.
    Yes.

CM III is clearly another tiring act of 'disappearing way too often'.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    When I watched the last game Romo called (don't remember which), he was often calling plays ahead of time. If he knows it, then the defensive stars know it too. It's just a matter of execution or playing against your own tendencies. It makes me think from film study that most players can guess the plays based on personnel and field position (Charles Woodson was exceptional at this), and success is based on "beating your guy".
    Smidgeon is again correct and the panicky masses over Stafford's comments are wrong.

1. Pre snap reads almost always reveal whether a team is playing man, or some combo. The Lions took this a step farther by putting someone in motion on almost every pass play. Rodgers does this all the time. Its nothing new.

2. Blitz. Capers likes to pressure on 3rd and long and Stafford said they expected 2 different kinds of pressure most often. Between motion and cadence, Stafford can make the D reveal the blitz as well if he has some play clock.

3. Capers himself said the playbook for the Lions game was thin because of communication issues they have when Burnett is out. They wanted to eliminate the mistakes.

So we are back to the oldest two critiques of this defense. Played with the full playbook, the team cannot function without its vets (and Burnett was lost in the first half). And left to their own devices, the players do not defeat and offenses passing game enough on third down.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Why in the world is Josh Jones playing so deep?
    He is a rookie and spent most of his time learning the Nitro (ILB) position.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I don't know for certain but Matthews might have also had coverage on that back and was not free to pressure and ignore the back.

Steelers are going on slightly different direction than blitz:

from: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/11...-rushes-three/

In the accompanying article, the end zone screen shot is Steelers dropping two ILBs (Shazier and Watt) into coverage for an eight man zone. They had Lions so discombobulated that the Lions blocked 3 pass rushers with 7 guys. That is what I want to see happen in GB. The Pass D is eight versus 3. I like even the Packers' DBs in that scenario. Its red zone, so deep safeties aren't such a problem.

BY ALEX KOZORA NOVEMBER 10, 2017 AT 12:08 PM
    It’s arguably the biggest source of frustration for Pittsburgh Steelers’ fans. Anytime Keith Butler sends three, check Twitter out and you’ll see a sea of hate. It’s something he did a ton in the last game against the Detroit Lions, constantly rushing just three against Matthew Stafford, to mixed results. Speaking with reporters yesterday, Butler explained why and when he likes to rush the minimum.

“If our coverage is good enough to make him hold the ball, where he gets to his back step, what we call a three step, five step, seven step drop by the quarterback, when he hits his back foot and lets the ball go, there’s not much you can do,” Butler said via Steelers.com. “So sometimes we rush three in that situation. And tighten the windows down in terms of zone defense to make the quarterback a little more limited. If he’s used to throwing on time or at a certain time, then that will mess him up.”

To sum up, it’s a change up to get the quarterback flustered. And while it’s been frustrating in pockets, like Butler’s insistence of using it on nearly the entire Lions’ final drive, it’s been extremely effective in the red zone. The windows that Butler spoke about are inherently tight without the threat of anything vertical and dropping eight makes it that much tougher.

The results, in the red zone at least, have been excellent.

this is all gotten bigger then just firing capers

national guys (not on the packers payroll), have started to come out and claim that the loss of rodgers has exposed MM and TT for the frauds they are

lebatard went so far as to say, if he was sitting on the sideline watching just how shitty the team and coaching staff is without him on the field, he would want to be traded in the offseason to an organization that would try and build a team around him, not just coast on his coat tails.

a lot of stuff i read on tuesday from all over the place, seemed a lot like what some of us have been saying on here for years

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

national guys (not on the packers payroll), have started to come out and claim that the loss of rodgers has exposed MM and TT for the frauds they are

lebatard went so far as to say, if he was sitting on the sideline watching just how shitty the team and coaching staff is without him on the field, he would want to be traded in the offseason to an organization that would try and build a team around him, not just coast on his coat tails.

a lot of stuff i read on tuesday from all over the place, seemed a lot like what some of us have been saying on here for years

The Green Bay Packer BRASS is clearly a frustrating MESS !

The sad thing and 'a clear possibility':

It will not change. It will possibly throw DOM Capers under a bus but all in all we in Packer Nation are going to see TT and MM go on and on and on.

Eventually if Aaron Rodgers is SMART and still playing at a high level and 2020 rolls around and he hasn't already 'shaken their sillly ass tree'; and he becomes eligible as an UFA he gets out of Green Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

So now everyone is overreacting. That's what sports media does.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

"Frauds" is an overreaction.

They have been used to playing a certain way because they have the advantage of Rodgers applying a lot of extra pressure to the other team's offense as well as it's defense. Now they have to change. They are not just going to adjust their whole approach to the game in 2 games, bye week or not. Or at least they are not going to percolate that down into their gameplay that quickly. They have re-worked their approach at least some. My best guess is we are looking at a minimum 4 game burn-in.

That said, any approach has to involve the defense at least rattling the QB once in a while. Yeesh.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Other Teams FIRE their DC during the Season:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...oom-for-change

Pagano on Raiders defense: 'Always room for change'

By: Jeremy Bergman NFL.com

Published: Nov. 24, 2017 at 09:46 a.m. Updated: Nov. 24, 2017 at 10:03 a.m.

" ...After spending half of a season as an assistant head coach/defense in Oakland, John Pagano was "promoted" this week to defensive coordinator after the Raiders fired Ken Norton Jr.

A longtime defensive coordinator for the then-San Diego Chargers, Pagano will be charged with accomplishing the improbable, if not the impossible, in the final six weeks of the season in East Bay: Giving Oakland's porous defense a face lift, a makeover and a 180 in time for the playoffs.

In his first meeting with the Bay Area media Thursday, the coach of nearly three decades was confident that the Raiders could pull it off.

"There's always room for change and there's always room for doing things better," Pagano said Thursday. "Without telling you our game plan, it's about how we go out and execute the call, bottom line." ... "

Comment woodbuck27:

wist43...wist43...wist43...wist43........

I don't recall McCarthy ever firing an assistant during the season so I don't think anyone will get the axe until January.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I don't recall McCarthy ever firing an assistant during the season so I don't think anyone will get the axe until January.
    Mike McCarthy needs a lot of time to think:

A.........lot..........of..........TIME !

Still on the bandwagon. Injuries in the secondary are a legitimate issue right now, but this defense can't stop the run. I'm afraid that will kill them next week at Carolina. The calls for Dom's head will intensify.