Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: embrace the tank...

embrace the tank...

because it's NOT getting much better for 2017. it'll be a miracle if they win 2 more games. this isn't an angry rant. i'm calm, just being realistic. i don't think they're intentionally tanking but that IS what's happening. they're in the tank and headed to the bottom. so...embracing the tank is better than getting/staying angry. realize a 4-12 record gets the Packers a 10-15 draft pick and a 4th place schedule in 2018. if this happens the ONLY way it's going to be beneficial for 2018 is if Capers and Ted Thompson are gone. a change in defensive, talent acquisition philosophy and evaluation, has to happen. new voices have to be heard. i don't think there's any way Capers and TT survive this. they will be encouraged to retire. so...smile the rest of the way. embrace 4-12 and the tank. better times are right around the corner.
    Last edited by gbgary; 11-07-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    because it's NOT getting much better for 2017. it'll be a miracle if they win 2 more games. this isn't an angry rant. i'm calm, just being realistic. i don't think they're intentionally tanking but that IS what's happening. they're in the tank and headed to the bottom. so...embracing the tank is better than getting/staying angry. realize a 4-12 record gets the Packers a 10-15 draft pick and a 4th place schedule in 2018. if this happens the ONLY way it's going to be beneficial for 2018 is if Capers and Ted Thompson are gone. a change in defensive and talent acquisition philosophy has to happen. new voices have to be heard. i don't think there's any way Capers and TT survive this. they will be encouraged to retire. so...smile the rest of the way. embrace 4-12 and the tank. better times are right around the corner.
    TT and MM and DOM Capers:

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    because it's NOT getting much better for 2017. it'll be a miracle if they win 2 more games. this isn't an angry rant. i'm calm, just being realistic. i don't think they're intentionally tanking but that IS what's happening. they're in the tank and headed to the bottom. so...embracing the tank is better than getting/staying angry. realize a 4-12 record gets the Packers a 10-15 draft pick and a 4th place schedule in 2018. if this happens the ONLY way it's going to be beneficial for 2018 is if Capers and Ted Thompson are gone. a change in defensive, talent acquisition philosophy and evaluation, has to happen. new voices have to be heard. i don't think there's any way Capers and TT survive this. they will be encouraged to retire. so...smile the rest of the way. embrace 4-12 and the tank. better times are right around the corner.
    4-12 last year got the 4th pick in the draft.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    4-12 last year got the 4th pick in the draft.
    even better!

Like I said in another thread - having a year like this might be blessing in disguise. The team won't consciously tank but with the issues at QB and on the defense this is what will eventually happen. We'll get a top 10 pick and higher picks in subsequent rounds this spring to infuse the team with better talent than we've been able to acquire since 2009 when we picked Raji and Clay in the first round. As our defense gets hammered every week it will finally become obvious that a change has to be made on that side of the ball. It took the epic ST meltdown against Seattle in the NFCC game to get Stubby to fire Slocum.

Blog Entries
    Thought the thread title might mean something else...

This bad season might be just the tonic the club needs.

A draft with many top 6 picks.

I'm interested to see how Hundley develops the rest of the way along with the the younger players. Definitely not expecting wins. Make the best of a bad situation and get a stud in the early selections.
    C.H.U.D.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    BRING BLACK TANK!!!

This thread is mistitled.

It should be called Embrace the Suck.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    This thread is mistitled.

It should be called Embrace the Suck.
    SHARK TANK!

(Dom, I am going to pass on investing in your defense!) Hee hee, get it, 'pass'?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Yeah it is REALLY awesome to tank considering the 1st round pick history TT has.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Yeah it is REALLY awesome to tank considering the 1st round pick history TT has.
    a pick in the top 10 would be a no-brainer even he couldn't mess up. hopefully HE isn't making the picks next draft.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    AJ Hawk
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

This bad season might be just the tonic the club needs.
    Tonic, colonic..pretty much same same. Agree some remedy is possible.

I can't embrace the tank unless is leads to real, meaningful change in the front office...otherwise, Rodgers will only play in one Super Bowl in his entire career.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

As a fan I would take 4-12 over 7-9 but the problem with tanking is its impact on team culture. Not a switch that you can turn off and on. Better to arrive at 4-12 fighting

Um....they don't have to tank to end up with 6 wins. They stink right now.
    C.H.U.D.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    I think trying to win we might only get one more win. And even that's debatable. Keep the status quo.

Two things.

1. The entire defensive staff has to go.

2. Thompson won’t be fired, Murphy is just a figure head, he won’t make a move until Thompson decides to retire.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh