Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: embrace the tank...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    AJ Hawk
    If this team had 11 AJ Hawk type of work ethic players on defense they would be pretty damn good. I'd take Hawk any day over stringy hair Clay, or HA ha sux dix.

The way the Packers Team looks at present it's not a question of 'well lets just give up this year and TANK'.

These are Pro Players and if any player on the Packers Roster would embrace a let's Tank' philosophy or strategy all other players would insist that player or those players get their asses out of Green Bay.PRO's don't just simpluy TANK as too much ego and pride is at stake.

So forget the word Tank or Tanking.

It will be and go down and be felt as bad to ugly by Packer Nation and the Green Bay Packers Organization.

We are seeing a Packer Team and Packer Coaching staff that is in a REAL MESS. Even Mike McCarthy is in denial and the NFL caliber capability of Brett Hundley. We are aware besides that that TT went after QB Brian Hoyer after he was re4leased by the San Francisco 49ers. That had to embarrass MM after he lost his cool with the media the week before claimning confidence in His Back-up QB Brett Hundley.

The Packers were never in that MNF game Vs The Detroit Lions. The Lions schooled the Packers. It was so disgusting that an enormous crowd of Packer fans that would never leave a game early simply got so sick of what the Packers Coaching staff put on the field that they up and left.

Packerrats if the Green Bay Packers fail to win more than two more games, the writing is clearly on the wall and TT and MM and the entire Packer Coaching staff for the 'D' must be let go. Until that happens Mike McCarthy will be in denial. TT will be sitting in his cozy office mulling over just how great it will be to have a higher Draft Pick in the 2018 Draft.

In any sense of REALITY:

The Charade will be over.

Why? Because it's such a sad MESS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Tanking for a higher pick probably will do little good. TT loves his draft picks and would probably trade the high pick for various lower picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Tanking for a higher pick probably will do little good. TT loves his draft picks and would probably trade the high pick for various lower picks.
    I just want TT gone !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    because it's NOT getting much better for 2017. it'll be a miracle if they win 2 more games. this isn't an angry rant. i'm calm, just being realistic. i don't think they're intentionally tanking but that IS what's happening. they're in the tank and headed to the bottom. so...embracing the tank is better than getting/staying angry. realize a 4-12 record gets the Packers a 10-15 draft pick and a 4th place schedule in 2018. if this happens the ONLY way it's going to be beneficial for 2018 is if Capers and Ted Thompson are gone. a change in defensive, talent acquisition philosophy and evaluation, has to happen. new voices have to be heard. i don't think there's any way Capers and TT survive this. they will be encouraged to retire. so...smile the rest of the way. embrace 4-12 and the tank. better times are right around the corner.
    The thing I notice the most about this year and Rodgers being out vs the last time he got injured is talent level. We had aout 80% of out team playing at a high level or peaking at the right time, if I may make a Madden reference, the overall team was at an 85OVR without Rodgers, this year without Rodgers theyre like a 77OVR, ive seen the decline and unfortunately its on the GM(who Ive always backed, but lets face it, we lost a lot of good guys keeping this guy in place, and it wouldn't be fair to be left with nothing).

2013 we had Jordy, Cobb JJ in their prime, a healthy and young eddie lacy/starks..this year? well we have Jordy, cobb and another guy who is slightly better than jones but runs just as fast(Adams, I wouldn't pay any of these guys 10m a year without Rodgers throwing the ball, even with, excepts for Jordy, hes legit) how do you justify a guy like adams who has never had a 1000 yard season and has an already pretty low yards per catch average, giving this guy more money to do a job Donald driver did way better than him as a 4th string when we were peaking our tits off with talent at nearly every position.

The oline was also in their prime, best guard tandem in the nfl and better than good tackles.

I cant even finish this cos it would take forver to give a position by position breakdown, but w had players in their prime who were close to elite at a lot of positions, and a lot fo them are still here but not great players anymore, and that's on the GM.

We need an elite receiver, tight end, outside linbacker and corner, and I think we need a new guy drafting those players cos honestly teds philosophy has bought us a championship but Ive seen the NFL change quite a bit over the last 10 years since hes started and I feel like hes been doin the same thing he was 10 years ago, which worked in that version of the NFL but doesn't quite work in this one, so hes gone from top 5 GM to middle of the road, and it really reflects on his picks.

Its like getting a new girlfriend, you wanna impress the shit out of her, and that's what we need in a new GM.

Really an injury like we had with Rodgers, really exposes a lot and says a lot about the guys we have in the building.

And Mr McCarthy, youre not off the hook, how do you not cut a guy like Hundley after you clearly know within one year what type of player you have? I don't care how hard he works and how competitive he is, those are great qualities you have in a player that's actually ready to grow into something, not a guy who looks like he has no idea how to play.

I mean cmon, Case Keenum is getting 2m a year and he looks like he knows how to throw a pass, cos hes been doin it for 20+ years, when I see Hundley I feel like I'm looking at a foreign exchange student whose trying to figure out how to throw it and life and the defense and all the other circumstances of the situation are getting to him. Cmon bro this is your sport that you chose to play, wheres your head at, youre getting pushed around son.

Love McCarthy but when we lose our best player and then you say you got 3 years invested in a guy, cut the fucking chord if you know he sucks, and continue your search..we coulda known he sucked years ago

Ted, you gotta go bro, thank you for your service to GB, we need young blood and fresh minds and ideas to move this thing forward, and I think that guy we just gave a raise to 17 times to keep him here is ready to take your spot, I think his last name is wolf

Quote Originally Posted by australianpackerbacker View Post
    The thing I notice the most about this year and Rodgers being out vs the last time he got injured is talent level. We had aout 80% of out team playing at a high level or peaking at the right time, if I may make a Madden reference, the overall team was at an 85OVR without Rodgers, this year without Rodgers theyre like a 77OVR, ive seen the decline and unfortunately its on the GM(who Ive always backed, but lets face it, we lost a lot of good guys keeping this guy in place, and it wouldn't be fair to be left with nothing).

2013 we had Jordy, Cobb JJ in their prime, a healthy and young eddie lacy/starks..this year? well we have Jordy, cobb and another guy who is slightly better than jones but runs just as fast(Adams, I wouldn't pay any of these guys 10m a year without Rodgers throwing the ball, even with, excepts for Jordy, hes legit) how do you justify a guy like adams who has never had a 1000 yard season and has an already pretty low yards per catch average, giving this guy more money to do a job Donald driver did way better than him as a 4th string when we were peaking our tits off with talent at nearly every position.

The oline was also in their prime, best guard tandem in the nfl and better than good tackles.

I cant even finish this cos it would take forver to give a position by position breakdown, but w had players in their prime who were close to elite at a lot of positions, and a lot fo them are still here but not great players anymore, and that's on the GM.

We need an elite receiver, tight end, outside linbacker and corner, and I think we need a new guy drafting those players cos honestly teds philosophy has bought us a championship but Ive seen the NFL change quite a bit over the last 10 years since hes started and I feel like hes been doin the same thing he was 10 years ago, which worked in that version of the NFL but doesn't quite work in this one, so hes gone from top 5 GM to middle of the road, and it really reflects on his picks.

Its like getting a new girlfriend, you wanna impress the shit out of her, and that's what we need in a new GM.

Really an injury like we had with Rodgers, really exposes a lot and says a lot about the guys we have in the building.

And Mr McCarthy, youre not off the hook, how do you not cut a guy like Hundley after you clearly know within one year what type of player you have? I don't care how hard he works and how competitive he is, those are great qualities you have in a player that's actually ready to grow into something, not a guy who looks like he has no idea how to play.

I mean cmon, Case Keenum is getting 2m a year and he looks like he knows how to throw a pass, cos hes been doin it for 20+ years, when I see Hundley I feel like I'm looking at a foreign exchange student whose trying to figure out how to throw it and life and the defense and all the other circumstances of the situation are getting to him. Cmon bro this is your sport that you chose to play, wheres your head at, youre getting pushed around son.

Love McCarthy but when we lose our best player and then you say you got 3 years invested in a guy, cut the fucking chord if you know he sucks, and continue your search..we coulda known he sucked years ago

Ted, you gotta go bro, thank you for your service to GB, we need young blood and fresh minds and ideas to move this thing forward, and I think that guy we just gave a raise to 17 times to keep him here is ready to take your spot, I think his last name is wolf
    YUP !

Someone on another forum said if we tank we'll get a 3rd or 4th place schedule next season for a change. Mix that in with hopefully a change with our DC, Rodgers back under center and higher draft picks 2018 might be fun.

Would love to add a pass rusher in first round. Clark will be better next year. Daniels will still be Daniels. We need someone off the edge, and then growth from our CBs and we might be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Someone on another forum said if we tank we'll get a 3rd or 4th place schedule next season for a change. Mix that in with hopefully a change with our DC, Rodgers back under center and higher draft picks 2018 might be fun.
    here ya go

also here

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    finish position only changes two games - the two at large games versus the two conferences we aren't playing. And that's a bit of a crap shoot. Someone finishing low this year could be the best team in that division next year, and vice-versa. As with anything else, it depends on when and where you play another team.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by australianpackerbacker View Post
    how do you justify a guy like adams who has never had a 1000 yard season and has an already pretty low yards per catch average, giving this guy more money to do a job Donald driver did way better than him as a 4th string when we were peaking our tits off with talent at nearly every position.
    I don't completely agree, but still, that's good copy.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    finish position only changes two games - the two at large games versus the two conferences we aren't playing. And that's a bit of a crap shoot. Someone finishing low this year could be the best team in that division next year, and vice-versa. As with anything else, it depends on when and where you play another team.
    yup. so not as big a deal as i thought. 2018 looks to be very tough...

2018-green-bay-packers-football-schedule