Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
If you want an individual to evaluate their own tolerance for risk and make the decision for themselves, you can't pick their goals for them. Its hard to put value on team and camaraderie already and then add in a system that largely serves to make you close to disposable.

This is what this guy does and it seems pretty consistent.

And its kinda weird to blame the player for making basically the same decision team's make when letting players go.

Can't help us win a championship? Bye. Brett Goode didn't get paid while healing enough to be active for Game Days.
honest to god I don't know who stole your account. I don't have time to unpack all that's wrong here, but just for examples: Goode was actually hurt - and I believe he did get paid an injury settlement. He knows, and the Packers know that he's not quire valuable enough to stash on IR to return. Their method - legal, with in the rules - gave him a way to come back when healthy. And get paid.

Sure, tell me Bennett is hurting - sorry I don't believe you, I believe my lying eyes, that saw him pretty much perfectly fine before and after his 'retirement' announcement. The system has some rules and people play by them and a lot of guys make a lot of money. Bennett signed a contract, and unlike some coaches, who put a clause in to go to another team if that job opens, Marty didn't negotiate a clause to quit (get waived) if Rodgers got hurt. He gamed the system, perhaps in a way that will draw a fine or some sort of reprimand (did his agent lie to clear waivers?). The Packers signed him with expectations of having him for one year. Had he really been hurt, they would have IRed him and paid him, wouldn't they? But he wasn't hurt and he found a slimy way to get out of his contract - basically by threatening to become a locker room cancer.

From your description, there's no reason any player - including Rodgers - shouldn't try this if they want to maneuver themselves onto a team capable of winning a championship.

But you know teams actually sign contracts so they have some certainty about their roster. But 'ol Marty's just doing what teams do, right? wrong.