Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
Yeah, I don't we are disagreeing here. He used it to either get a vacation (IR) or a hall pass (waiver).

But he is within his rights to make the call is my only point. And his history, where teams are happy not to pay him the going rate, seems to indicate this is not the only time he has been out for himself first. Like I said, Romo spoke volumes by having virtually nothing nice to say about a former teammate. No funny anecdote or boring, uplifting story. I took his silence for about as much of a condemnation you would get from an ex player about a current player not under indictment.

And given his history, I think this part of his game was known. Assuming Belichick has not outsmarted himself (he has before) its also apparently something you can work around short term. Just not without a vet QB.
But this is really setting a bad precedence. What is going to stop another player from using this tactic to get out of town if the team he signed with isn't winning and he wants to move on to another team that is? I hope BB didn't tamper here. If Ted and Murphy find out he did you can be sure the league will come down on BB and Kraft like a ton of bricks.