Thread: Bennett Released For Failure to Disclose Medical Condition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Silverstein said on the McCarren show that Bennett wasn't even at the game last night.
    Not that strange, no doubt his ass was already cut and he was inactive.

I wonder if Bennett's retirement musing played into this. I can't recall a player talking about retirement midseason. Maybe it has happened. Maybe the coaches thought he had already checked out mentally from pro football, and they feel they are entitled to a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Not that strange, no doubt his ass was already cut and he was inactive.

I wonder if Bennett's retirement musing played into this. I can't recall a player talking about retirement midseason. Maybe it has happened. Maybe the coaches thought he had already checked out mentally from pro football, and they feel they are entitled to a refund.
    Maybe that was the preexisting condition "Failure to give a shit once star QB goes down."

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Maybe that was the preexisting condition "Failure to give a shit once star QB goes down."
    Bingo.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh