Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bennett Released For Failure to Disclose Medical Condition

So the injury designation is a shot across the bow: have surgery keep the money. Go sign with another team, you owe us.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    "I'll be back"

-Bennett
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

sounds like a bad faith situation with Bennett. it'll all come out eventually. as far as a warning to other players...nah.

I think his attitude had a lot to do with everything that has transpired. His brother is a punk. He is one of the 3 who took a knee knowing how MM feels about it.

I suspect he quit on his team, was causing headaches and the team decided to make an example of him.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

The Green Bay Packers simply got fed up with the game playing and antics.

It was time to say Bye Bye.

The Green Bay Packers are in enough of a mess and didn't need any of Martelus Bennett to add to that mess.

The tension has to be high in The Green Bay Prganization in just another disasterous failure Season and falling in the NFL Power Ranking to amonst the very worst Teams in the NFL.

Here the Packers are Ranked 27th now in the NFL:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m_campaign=nfl

Last Week's Ranking: 24

" Maybe everyone will finally see what I've been saying about the Green Bay Packers for the last three years. This team is nothing special. It's been the Aaron Rodgers show, plain and simple.

The Packers defense is just a middle-of-the-road unit, as we saw against the Detroit Lions. Offensively, Green Bay simply isn't creative enough. If they want to compete with Brett Hundley under center, the Packers need to change what they're trying to do on offense drastically.

There's no other way to put it. The Packers are in trouble."

f you disagree with that POWER Ranking look at where NFL.Com has the Packers Ranked and it's not much higher. How low will the Green Bay Packers go !?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...e-cowboys-rise
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 11-09-2017 at 12:10 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I've been thinking about all this Packers and Martellus Bennett News.

If I was his Agent I would get him signed very soon, or ASAP with some NFL Team.

Sign somewhere for almost anything and money. Get back in a starting lineup and try to play great.

It seems to me that has been the case and former Packers going elsewhere.

Get out of Green Bay and blossom.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://www.patriots.com/news/2017/11...tt-coming-back

News Blitz 11/9: Martellus Bennett coming back?

Comment
    woodbuck27:

It's being reported as being done on THe NFL Network

TE Martellus Bennett is back with the NE Patriots...claimed off the Waiver Wire.

As The NFL World Turns.

so, does that mean we're going after his money?

should be able to get about 5 million back for him. we gave him a 6.3 million dollar signing bonus, and he played half of the 3 years he was suppose to be here

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I think his attitude had a lot to do with everything that has transpired. His brother is a punk. He is one of the 3 who took a knee knowing how MM feels about it.

I suspect he quit on his team, was causing headaches and the team decided to make an example of him.
    He also helped craft the statement that the team released about standing with the players (which McCarthy approved) and McCarthy said he was fine with the protest of the three players.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ots/849079001/

Patriots claimed him on waivers. No word other than the transaction listing.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ots/849079001/

Patriots claimed him on waivers. No word other than the transaction listing.
    Holy mother of pearl...Hoody Genius yet again pulls it off.

There was another post somewhere in another thread suggesting if Belichek releases a player nobody should be interested. Just one more instance of 3 dimensional chess vs. checkers.

So what part of his contract are we still on the hook for?

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    So what part of his contract are we still on the hook for?
    If he joins the Patriots, no more. And if he does join and play, as opposed to show up and go on IR to have surgery, I expect the Packers to claw back about 2/3 of his signing bonus in arbitration.

If I were a player up in GB I would feel like he bailed and I would be pissed. To hell with him. I pray NE never sniffs the SB this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    If I were a player up in GB I would feel like he bailed and I would be pissed. To hell with him. I pray NE never sniffs the SB this season.
    The Packers outright released him " for filure to disclose...

The Green Bay Packers were the aggressor here. The Packers said Bye Bye Martellus Bennett.

Martellus Bennett bacame a FA and has every right to pursue his career.

Packer players (may quietly even be pleased) for Martellus Bennett's good fortunes; or that he was able to secure work in the NFL again so soon and 'Low and Behold' with a REAL Super Bowl Contender. The New England Patriots with Hoody Genius just doing what he always has done or make every effort to improve his Patriots.

Bill Belichick is frankly again simply the NFL Genius. He's simply again 'on the job' daily competent. We'll now be able to see how this all plays out.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 11-09-2017 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    If he joins the Patriots, no more. And if he does join and play, as opposed to show up and go on IR to have surgery, I expect the Packers to claw back about 2/3 of his signing bonus in arbitration.
    This is what I deem 'Mud In Your Face' stuff.

It's going to be an interesting watch.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    The Packers outright released him " for filure to disclose...

The Green Bay Packers were the aggressor here. The Packers said Bye Bye Martellus Bennett.

Martellus Bennett bacame a FA and has every right to pursue his career.

Packer players (may quietly even be pleased) for Martellus Bennett's good fortunes;or that he was able to secure work in the NFL again so soon and 'Low and Behold' with a REAL Super Bowl Contender. The New England Patriots with Hoody Genius just doing what he always has done or make every effort to improve his Patriots.

Bill Belichick is frankly again simply the NFL Genius. He's simply again 'on the job' daily competent. We'll now be able to see how this all plays out.
    Did you not read Bahk's tweet?

I don't give a damn about anyone's tweet and Martellus Bennett.

What any Packer says or thinks or Tweets isn't of any concern to me.

I am not seeing it on his feed. What was the Tweet?

Torn rotator cuff.

Ian Rapoport
    Just reported on @gmfb: The #Packers waived TE Martellus Bennett because of a torn rotator cuff, per sources. He may try to play through it, but if he cannot, the #Patriots could put him on Injured Reserve. No risk for them.