Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bennett Released For Failure to Disclose Medical Condition

No risk for NE? Haven't they become responsible for rest of this year's contract?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    No risk for NE? Haven't they become responsible for rest of this year's contract?
    I don’t think so. His contract for this year is paid by Green Bay. We may be able to get out of part of the signing bonus through arbitration. New England is responsible for the remainder of his contract.

Yes, New England is responsible for the rest of the contract this year. But its not guaranteed base salaries, so basically its week to week at this point.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss
    Martellus Bennett is present at Patriots practice, which reflects how he passed his physical with the team.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am not seeing it on his feed. What was the Tweet?
    It is on the page over on Footballs Future.

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/t...ennett/?page=9

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I don't give a damn about anyone's tweet and Martellus Bennett.

What any Packer says or thinks or Tweets isn't of any concern to me.
    I put more stock into what someone who might know more about what is going on at 1265 than a fan like you or me.

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss
    Martellus Bennett is present at Patriots practice, which reflects how he passed his physical with the team.
    Boy, that rotator cuff healed up pretty quick, huh?

Whoops..a double post.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 11-10-2017 at 12:17 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I put more stock into what someone who might know more about what is going on at 1265 than a fan like you or me.
    Try to understand this:

What any Packer RE: Michael Bennett..... says or thinks or tweets isn't of any concern to me.

As a fan it's just this:

A) The Packers released him reportedly ``for à failure to disclose an injury.

B) From that I would assume he must have an injury or some other issue like something mental or emotional not allowing him to be available to play football and up to a certain point in time prior to his release it became the case that the Green Bay Packers discovered à failure to disclose Issue....Thus the RELEASE.

C) If in fact I was his Agent and was well aware that Martellus Bennett was ìn fact`capable of playing and desiring to play after being released by the Green Bay Packers`. I would be pulling for him to be received by another NFL Team and active again playing for that NFL Team ASAP.

In fact... I posted that in a thread before the New England Patriots pulled him off the Waiver Wire.

We are now learning that `ìn fact `Michael Bennett is practising for the New England Patriots. That might mean that he`s OK to play for his former team.

D) As an NFL fan it is simply à good for Michael Bennett story to me. As a Green Bay Packer fan it's a bit of a mystery why he was released by the Green Bay Packers under ' à failure to disclose`or what didn't he disclose in terms of an injury or some emotional or mental issue?

What is missing here Pugger?

I'm just as you say a fan and that's not my business as to determine the absolute TRUTH beyond speculation.

I do perceive that obviously the Green Bay Packer BRASS may have found themselves in possibly an embarassing situation here and Martellus Bennett and of late in embarrassing situations.

I'll elabourate on that:

Isn't it something like MM being 'all in' and Backup QB Brett Hundley and then we learn that the Packers went after QB Brian Hoyer before the NE Patriots scooped him after his release from the San Fran 49ers. If 'in fact' TT went after QB Brian Hoyer after MM's stance and his 3 Year Project Brett Hundley. Might MM not be a tad pissed at TT? Might that have raised his Irish temper? Such a move by TT if he made it might be embarrassing to MM.

Isn't it very possible (or even remotely possible that) the wheels are coming off things and Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy; or their may be a communication and co-operation Issue...it's otherwise deemed 'a failure to communicate' or a failure of 'I'll have your back if you have mine'?

Pugger? Anyone ?? ....
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 11-10-2017 at 12:21 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

He also helped craft the statement that the team released about standing with the players (which McCarthy approved) and McCarthy said he was fine with the protest of the three players.
    Thats what you say when you have lost the ability to do anything about it.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Holy mother of pearl...Hoody Genius yet again pulls it off.

There was another post somewhere in another thread suggesting if Belichek releases a player nobody should be interested. Just one more instance of 3 dimensional chess vs. checkers.
    Wasn't it posed that Bennet is a washed up mess that TT screwed up big time? So which is it?

Try to understand this:

What any Packer RE: Michael Bennett..... says or thinks or tweets isn't of any concern to me.

As a fan it`s just this:

A) The Packers released him reportedly ``for à failure to disclose an injury.

B) From that I would assume he must have an injury or some other issue like something mental or emotional not allowing him to be available to play football and up to a certain point in time prior to his release it became the case that the Green Bay Packers discovered à failure to disclose Issue....Thus the RELEASE.

C) If in fact I was his Agent and was well aware that Martellus Bennett was ìn fact`capable of playing and desiring to play after being released by the Green Bay Packers`. I would be pulling for him to be received by another NFL Team and active again playing for that NFL Team ASAP.

In fact... I posted that in a thread before the New England Patriots pulled him off the Waiver Wire.

We are now learning that `ìn fact `Michael Bennett is practising for the New England Patriots. That might mean that he`s OK to play for his former team.

D) As an NFL fan it is simply à good for Michael Bennett story to me. As a GreenBay Packer fan it`s a bit of a Mystery why he was released by the Green Bay Packers under ' à failure to disclose`or what didn`t he disclose in terms of an injury or some emotional or mental issue?

What is missing here Pugger?

I'm just as you say a fan and that's not my business but I do perceive that the Green Bay Packer BRASS may have found themselves in possibly an embarassing situation.

Isn't it something like MM being 'all in' and Brett Hundley and then we learn that the Packers went after QB Brian Hoyer before the NE Patriots scooped him after his release fromthe San Fran 49ers.

Isn't it very possible the wheels are coming off things and Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy or their may be a communication and co-operation Issue...it's otherwise deemed a failure to communicate or a failure of 'Ill have your back if you have mine'?
    I'm not talking about Bennett's tweets. I was talking about what David Bahktiari tweeted and how he and his teammates felt about this situation.

The Packers outright released him " for filure to disclose...

The Green Bay Packers were the aggressor here. The Packers said Bye Bye Martellus Bennett.

Martellus Bennett bacame a FA and has every right to pursue his career.

Packer players (may quietly even be pleased) for Martellus Bennett's good fortunes; or that he was able to secure work in the NFL again so soon and 'Low and Behold' with a REAL Super Bowl Contender. The New England Patriots with Hoody Genius just doing what he always has done or make every effort to improve his Patriots.

Bill Belichick is frankly again simply the NFL Genius. He's simply again 'on the job' daily competent. We'll now be able to see how this all plays out.
    So TT is a no talent hack who doesn't try to improve his roster through FA, but Hoody is a Genius for signing the guy TT signed through FA...got it. And his brother is going to kick my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Thats what you say when you have lost the ability to do anything about it.
    Other teams had a much stronger reaction.

McCarthy did as he has always done, kept the locker room together and focused.

Why does a Seattle Seahawks DE matter to the Packers?

Other teams had a much stronger reaction.

McCarthy did as he has always done, kept the locker room together and focused.
    Apparently not.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Rotator cuff, eh? What about the paranoid schizophrenia, bipolar, and narcissistic personality disorders? What kind of medical staff was this anyway?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

It is on the page over on Footballs Future.

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/t...ennett/?page=9
    There is absolutely nothing and damning there on Martellus Bennett.

Ryan Wood ✔ @ByRyanWood
    #Packers LT David Bakhtiari on Marty Bennett release: "Definitely surprised. We’re just disappointed with what happened with him. It was high expectations, and good guy that came in, but just kind of – it sucks. Kind of disappointed with how he handled stuff, how it went about. "

Ryan Wood ✔@ByRyanWood
    Asked Bakhtiari if he felt Martellus Bennett quit on the #Packers, and he would not go that far. "I’ll just say I’m disappointed with how everything unfolded. I’ll leave it I at that."
    4:44 PM - Nov 9, 2017

AND:

Ryan Wood ✔@ByRyanWood
    #Packers OLB Ahmad Brooks said he asked Marty Bennett about the retirement announcement when players returned from the bye. "He said he was just talking crap," Brooks said. Brooks told me he does not believe Bennett was sincere about retirement. ... 4:55 PM - Nov 9, 2017

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    There is absolutely nothing and damning there on Martellus Bennett.
    well, except the fact he's a liar.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I'm not talking about Bennett's tweets. I was talking about what David Bahktiari tweeted and how he and his teammates felt about this situation.
    Please Read my Post #58...this thread.

You have ZERO and anything clearly damning and Packer Players not down with Martellus Bennett.

This looks like 'a backfire .. back draft' to me.

The Green Bay Packer BRASS had better let this one simply be swept under the rug.

Arn't they very good at that anyway?
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 11-10-2017 at 01:07 PM.