Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Bennett Released For Failure to Disclose Medical Condition

Tom Crabtree @itsCrab
    I have a hard time believing they tried rushing him back with that injury.

In 2012 they were paying me far less than him, I was similarly ineffective on the field and they sat me in preseason game 4 with just a sprained shoulder.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    "I was similarly ineffective"

Thanks Tom. Needed that one. lol
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

How ironic is it that the Patriots signed a turncoat?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That’s the money shot to me. If you are hurt so much and you saw 3 other doctors that all said you needed surgery to fix your shoulder, why are you now practicing with NE without having the surgery?

Sorry Marty but you are a punk bitch after tha5 move.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I can only assume he is done for the year and NOT playing for the pats. I mean, if it needs surgery in GB it needs surgery in NE right?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Wow this guy is dumber than I thought and a real POS. Putting out the BS about Dr. McKenzie will backfire big time on him. He's going to get buried on this.
    racist!!

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Wow this guy is dumber than I thought and a real POS. Putting out the BS about Dr. McKenzie will backfire big time on him. He's going to get buried on this.
    This.

If he just bashed the organization and left it at that, he probably doesn't provoke the same reaction. It's pretty clear that a lot of current and former players are pissed that he threw McKenzie under the bus.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

I think its clearly a battle of strategy to get paid and get healed in some fashion versus having to carry the player on the roster/IR/cap. I bet the Packers were worried about him tanking with this injury/retirement talk after Rodgers got hurt and Bennett made a business decision that if he was going to sacrifice the shoulder, he should be getting a return on the effort beyond the paycheck.

After the signing bonus in 2017, his deal in 2018 wasn't guaranteed. Better contract bylaws probably can eliminate that conflict.

Bringing in McKenzie into the argument seems dumb and to have backfired.

I also don't get why there would be mistrust on the Packers side about "keeping him on the roster for next year". If he has surgery while on the team IR, what downside is there for the Packers to wait it out?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    This.

If he just bashed the organization and left it at that, he probably doesn't provoke the same reaction. It's pretty clear that a lot of current and former players are pissed that he threw McKenzie under the bus.
    http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ger/852533001/

I think we are up to 10 players who have Doc Mckenzies back. Bennett is looking like a real POS right now....just like his brother who is going to kick my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ger/852533001/

I think we are up to 10 players who have Doc Mckenzies back. Bennett is looking like a real POS right now....just like his brother who is going to kick my ass.
    Is that going to be a PPV event in Vegas? If so, I'm in. I'd put money on you based on his last Vegas event.

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/martellus-bennett

Watching the Video in this LINK:

It looks like he's going to try and play through with his injury with the NE Patriots.

If he can survive until the end of the Season he'll put off any necessary surgery until the Off Season.

If he 'in fact ' has a torn Rotator Cuff Injury and based on my experience with such.

His Season is over.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-signing-bonus

Nice review of the contretemps AND the news that Bennett has a chance to play for the Patriots tonight.

Rapoport has a source tells him Bennett has a medical test in his file that shows the extent of his original injury and that the Packers, from consulting his file, should have been aware of it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-signing-bonus

Nice review of the contretemps AND the news that Bennett has a chance to play for the Patriots tonight.

Rapoport has a source tells him Bennett has a medical test in his file that shows the extent of his original injury and that the Packers, from consulting his file, should have been aware of it.
    I didn't catch the part about them being able to consult his file. There was this:

One source said there is proof in the form of a medical test to show the exact injury Bennett had in New England in 2016, though the team was not made aware of what it was or how serious. When the grievance is filed, the Packers' stance on the issue will become clearer.
    Do teams have access to another team's medical records for the same player? It's not clear from that statement, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Is that going to be a PPV event in Vegas? If so, I'm in. I'd put money on you based on his last Vegas event.
    I'll take the beating on national network as long as proceeds to to the NAAWP fund.

So the Packers are going to try to get Martellus Bennettès Signing BONUS back.

What a fricken mess 'of finger pointing' this is.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england...just-like-2016

Patriots can expect to get Martellus Bennett's best, just like 2016

Comment woodbuck27:

Looking at this tells me that the Green Bay Packers have a solid case.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I didn't catch the part about them being able to consult his file. There was this:

Do teams have access to another team's medical records for the same player? It's not clear from that statement, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    Great question. I think the player might have to provide it. Not sure if teams must submit their file for players out of contract or waived.

Am I the only one sharpening his schadenfreude?

The ESPN radio guys are talking about Bennett's return to NE like it was a great trade or something and not that Bennett pulled a total dick move. Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Am I the only one sharpening his schadenfreude?
    Nope.

#NoTankBeatCheatriots