Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Bennett Released For Failure to Disclose Medical Condition

He is active! Its a miracle!

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ross Tucker‏Verified account @RossTuckerNFL
    42m42 minutes ago

So the guy that complained about Packers asking him to play thru shoulder injury is voluntarily playing thru said injury for another team? ��
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Am I the only one sharpening his schadenfreude?
    I'm also sharpening brother.

We'll never forget you Mort.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Great question. I think the player might have to provide it. Not sure if teams must submit their file for players out of contract or waived.
    I would guess HIPPA prohibits them from sharing his file without his consent.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I heard somewhere that since its prior to week 10, that the packers would get a 4th comp pick for bennett (the round he was valued at when we signed him)

It is starting to appear as though the truth is not a highly valued asset in the bennett household. I'm thinking mama bennett probably could have done a better job.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He is active! Its a miracle!

Can you believe this piece of crap, him and his $6.3 million signing bonus.
    So basically he’s complaining that he is hurt and needs season ending surgery in Green Bay but now miraculously he’s healthy enough to take Pass from Tom Brady.

You gotta wonder if the Packers can’t sue the jerk off for some sort of fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I would guess HIPPA prohibits them from sharing his file without his consent.
    That could be taken care of in contract language or the CBA.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Can you believe this piece of crap, him and his $6.3 million signing bonus.
    So basically he’s complaining that he is hurt and needs season ending surgery in Green Bay but now miraculously he’s healthy enough to take Pass from Tom Brady.

You gotta wonder if the Packers can’t sue the jerk off for some sort of fraud.
    What's really awful is that the NFL talking heads have collectively decided that this isn't an important story. I wonder if everyone was told to bury this. Al Michaels: "The ending was ugly in Green Bay" Really Al? That's it.

And Hoodie - this is another huge strike against his character. One wonders if he wasn't on the phone during the whole thing, from the point of the Rodgers injury on. Ugly indeed.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

The Packers are trying to get the signing bonus back correct?
    C.H.U.D.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    The POS switched teams five times in 10 years. He spent 4 years in Dallas and 3 in Chicago for cripes sake. What a pedigree! Ted blew it, plain and simple.

And I don't think it says anything pertinent about the principle of signing free agents any more than Reggie White's signing does. In fact, those two FA signings sort of prove that character matters.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    The POS switched teams five times in 10 years. He spent 4 years in Dallas and 3 in Chicago for cripes sake. What a pedigree! Ted blew it, plain and simple.

And I don't think it says anything pertinent about the principle of signing free agents any more than Reggie White's signing does. In fact, those two FA signings sort of prove that character matters.
    When he was signed, he made a point of talking about how great a QB that Rodgers is, to the point of saying that Rodgers is the best QB in the game. He doesn’t have allegiance to the Packers- he really doesn’t have allegiance to any team. He signed to play with Rodgers and have a chance for a ring. When Rodgers went down, his reason for playing in Green Bay ended. I would project that if Rodgers had stayed healthy, Bennett would have been an asset to the team.

He is a true free agent. A hired gun or a mercenary that makes your team better, but with his own motivations. I don’t believe he’s a POS. I think he convinced himself that when Rodgers went down, his reason for playing here was finished. I think that upset the management of the team, but I suspect, they’ll get back some of the money paid based upon his Facebook comments and the fact that he played in New England even though he told Green Bay that he needed season ending surgery.

I’m not against free agency, but it has its pitfalls. Teams that use it extensively suffer in team chemistry. Seldom does their records reflect the outlay in money and resources. Lightly used, it can help the team. We got burned this time. Next time, we might not.

First Terry Glenn and now this. Stop signing exPatriots!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    When he was signed, he made a point of talking about how great a QB that Rodgers is, to the point of saying that Rodgers is the best QB in the game. He doesn’t have allegiance to the Packers- he really doesn’t have allegiance to any team. He signed to play with Rodgers and have a chance for a ring. When Rodgers went down, his reason for playing in Green Bay ended. I would project that if Rodgers had stayed healthy, Bennett would have been an asset to the team.

He is a true free agent. A hired gun or a mercenary that makes your team better, but with his own motivations. I don’t believe he’s a POS. I think he convinced himself that when Rodgers went down, his reason for playing here was finished. I think that upset the management of the team, but I suspect, they’ll get back some of the money paid based upon his Facebook comments and the fact that he played in New England even though he told Green Bay that he needed season ending surgery.

I’m not against free agency, but it has its pitfalls. Teams that use it extensively suffer in team chemistry. Seldom does their records reflect the outlay in money and resources. Lightly used, it can help the team. We got burned this time. Next time, we might not.
    OK fine, he's a mercenary. But he's still a POS because the fucker pulled the retirement ploy and then faked an injury to get out of town. He and 'cheat deserve each other. I'd bet good money they were talking it up since the Rodgers injury. The rest of the league is compliant, but mostly out of wise necessity (who else would sign him after he made it clear he wanted back with the patsies.)
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    First Terry Glenn and now this. Stop signing exPatriots!
    we prefer the term 'Turncoats'

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    The ESPN radio guys are talking about Bennett's return to NE like it was a great trade or something and not that Bennett pulled a total dick move. Unreal.
    he also just admitted that he told every other team NOT to clain him because he was gonna have surgery

explains why the pats were able to claim him

The NFL should be looking into whether the Patriots were talking to Bennett while he was still under contract with the Packers. That would be tampering.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    he also just admitted that he told every other team NOT to clain him because he was gonna have surgery

explains why the pats were able to claim him
    I figured this was just professional courtesy that NFL teams do when another team wants a player. At the same time, it doesn't surprise me that Bennett lied to every team or that no team would want to touch him except Cheater Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The NFL should be looking into whether the Patriots were talking to Bennett while he was still under contract with the Packers. That would be tampering.
    They should. But that spineless jellyfish Goodell won't get near this one.

Krafty moves in NE to be sure.