Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Bennett Released For Failure to Disclose Medical Condition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Not many seem to be buying Bennett's story.

Lawrence Tynes‏Verified account @lt4kicks
    14h14 hours ago

Martellus Bennett’s shoulder injury is related to a broken collar bone suffered by another player, a first in modern day medicine. This will be studied for years
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post

14h14 hours ago

Martellus Bennett’s shoulder injury is related to a broken collar bone suffered by another player, a first in modern day medicine. This will be studied for years

Sympathetic injuries have been inflicted since the dawn of man. That's why they burned the witches in NE. Wait a second, who else is in New England and weighs the same as a duck?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Sympathetic injuries have been inflicted since the dawn of man. That's why they burned the witches in NE. Wait a second, who else is in New England and weighs the same as a duck?
    Very small rocks!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Churches, or very small rocks?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Churches, or very small rocks?
    Hahaha damn beat me to it!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Hahaha damn beat me to it!
    Pb beat us both lol

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    A very small rock?
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post

14h14 hours ago

Nice!

Bennett had his agent tell teams he was going to have surgery and retire. Somehow, he made it through to New England's spot on the waiver wire.

Les Bowen @LesBowen
    And he got to the Pats in the waiver order because he had his agent tell other teams he was retiring. He and/or the agent should face sanctions.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Lots of great minds working in this thread

Boomer said this this morning:
    “So while it's smart by New England to pick up Martellus, I personally find it to be reprehensible that he acted this way towards the Green Bay Packers and now has found himself on a better team and a better situation. And it seems very selfish to me."

The dumbest thing the Packers did was to sign this guy, the smartest thing the team did was cut him.
    Good riddance Marty.

Bennett is a real piece of shit. It baffles me on how anyone could take his side in this whole ordeal.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Bennett is a real piece of shit. It baffles me on how anyone could take his side in this whole ordeal.
    Who is taking his side? If it's true that his agent was spinning the surgery and retirement line to the rest of the teams then the agent should be barred for a year.

I'm not so much concerned someone 'taking his side' but whether this kind of crap is going to be allowed.

I'm not so much concerned someone 'taking his side' but whether this kind of crap is going to be allowed.
    Packers will get some of the money back, but I don't think the NFL will step in and do something to either the Patriots or the mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    Packers will get some of the money back, but I don't think the NFL will step in and do something to either the Patriots or the mercenary.
    Give the Packers the Pats' fourth round pick this year!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Only thing to do is get hot and beat them in the super bowl...that would be the richest payback ever.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Only thing to do is get hot and beat them in the super bowl...that would be the richest payback ever.
    Ha ha. You are thinking in the old ways. You need to get up to speed. That Bennett will still be a member of the Patriots by Super Bowl time is not a certainty. If NE should lose in the AFC championship game, it's likely Bennett 'mistakenly' travels home with the other team.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I am in favor of any player using the available rules to get what they want in terms of employment and compensation.

That Bennett pulled this particular stunt just reveals his priorities, which are not all that surprising given his history of short stays on a lot of teams. Even Romo couldn't work up much nice to say about Bennett when he recalled they used to be on the same team.

This is why FA is fools gold.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am in favor of any player using the available rules to get what they want in terms of employment and compensation.

That Bennett pulled this particular stunt just reveals his priorities, which are not all that surprising given his history of short stays on a lot of teams. Even Romo couldn't work up much nice to say about Bennett when he recalled they used to be on the same team.

This is why FA is fools gold.
    Non-sequitur. This is why Bennett was fools gold.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers