Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Bennett Released For Failure to Disclose Medical Condition

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The NFL should be looking into whether the Patriots were talking to Bennett while he was still under contract with the Packers. That would be tampering.
    You don't want to be fighting both Kraft and Jones if you are Goodell.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

now he's saying he's talked to 6 or 7 doctors, not just the 3 he said he saw a couple days ago

and they were divided in their opinion. some say he should get the surgery, some say he can play

but when the paxkers team doc said he could play, that was crossing the line

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ts-did-anyway/

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    The POS switched teams five times in 10 years. He spent 4 years in Dallas and 3 in Chicago for cripes sake. What a pedigree! Ted blew it, plain and simple.

And I don't think it says anything pertinent about the principle of signing free agents any more than Reggie White's signing does. In fact, those two FA signings sort of prove that character matters.

Well ... ahhh... errrr... dahhh ... ahhhh ....yaaa... sure ...well.

ahh ... I guess that well yaa.... I sorta well ahh...blew it on that one. Good thing ahh.... we still have my Pic ...whaa... mmmm... Richard Rodgers.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Not many seem to be buying Bennett's story.

Lawrence Tynes‏Verified account @lt4kicks
    14h14 hours ago

Martellus Bennett’s shoulder injury is related to a broken collar bone suffered by another player, a first in modern day medicine. This will be studied for years
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    When he was signed, he made a point of talking about how great a QB that Rodgers is, to the point of saying that Rodgers is the best QB in the game. He doesn’t have allegiance to the Packers- he really doesn’t have allegiance to any team. He signed to play with Rodgers and have a chance for a ring. When Rodgers went down, his reason for playing in Green Bay ended. I would project that if Rodgers had stayed healthy, Bennett would have been an asset to the team.

He is a true free agent. A hired gun or a mercenary that makes your team better, but with his own motivations. I don’t believe he’s a POS. I think he convinced himself that when Rodgers went down, his reason for playing here was finished. I think that upset the management of the team, but I suspect, they’ll get back some of the money paid based upon his Facebook comments and the fact that he played in New England even though he told Green Bay that he needed season ending surgery.

I’m not against free agency, but it has its pitfalls. Teams that use it extensively suffer in team chemistry. Seldom does their records reflect the outlay in money and resources. Lightly used, it can help the team. We got burned this time. Next time, we might not.
    Didn't the POS win a ring last year?

And he is a POS because he's been dishonest in his dealings.

And what NFL professional isn't a "hired gun." It's the nature of professional sports since Curt Flood.

Of course free agency has its pitfalls, but if teams are careful and lucky it turns out pretty good. See New England and the Rams. And we GB fans know all too well that draft and develop has its pitfalls too.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post

14h14 hours ago

Martellus Bennett’s shoulder injury is related to a broken collar bone suffered by another player, a first in modern day medicine. This will be studied for years

Sympathetic injuries have been inflicted since the dawn of man. That's why they burned the witches in NE. Wait a second, who else is in New England and weighs the same as a duck?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    man, only an idiot like woodcock would blame this one on TT
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post

14h14 hours ago

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    When he was signed, he made a point of talking about how great a QB that Rodgers is, to the point of saying that Rodgers is the best QB in the game. He doesn’t have allegiance to the Packers- he really doesn’t have allegiance to any team. He signed to play with Rodgers and have a chance for a ring. When Rodgers went down, his reason for playing in Green Bay ended. I would project that if Rodgers had stayed healthy, Bennett would have been an asset to the team.

He is a true free agent. A hired gun or a mercenary that makes your team better, but with his own motivations. I don’t believe he’s a POS. I think he convinced himself that when Rodgers went down, his reason for playing here was finished. I think that upset the management of the team, but I suspect, they’ll get back some of the money paid based upon his Facebook comments and the fact that he played in New England even though he told Green Bay that he needed season ending surgery.

I’m not against free agency, but it has its pitfalls. Teams that use it extensively suffer in team chemistry. Seldom does their records reflect the outlay in money and resources. Lightly used, it can help the team. We got burned this time. Next time, we might not.
    I think he is a POS. Every team other than NE that he has ever played with has no use for him. The only reason he didn't burn any bridges in NE is because he won a ring with them. If something happens up there and things go to hell his widdle rotator cuff will start to hurt again and he'll quit on them too.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    man, only an idiot like woodcock would blame this one on TT
    No kidding.

Sympathetic injuries have been inflicted since the dawn of man. That's why they burned the witches in NE. Wait a second, who else is in New England and weighs the same as a duck?
    Very small rocks!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bennett had his agent tell teams he was going to have surgery and retire. Somehow, he made it through to New England's spot on the waiver wire.

Les Bowen @LesBowen
    And he got to the Pats in the waiver order because he had his agent tell other teams he was retiring. He and/or the agent should face sanctions.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Churches, or very small rocks?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    A very small rock?
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Churches, or very small rocks?
    Hahaha damn beat me to it!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Lots of great minds working in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Hahaha damn beat me to it!
    Pb beat us both lol

Boomer said this this morning:
    “So while it's smart by New England to pick up Martellus, I personally find it to be reprehensible that he acted this way towards the Green Bay Packers and now has found himself on a better team and a better situation. And it seems very selfish to me."

The dumbest thing the Packers did was to sign this guy, the smartest thing the team did was cut him.
    Good riddance Marty.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    The Packers are trying to get the signing bonus back correct?
    “According to NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport, the team is looking to recoup Bennett’s signing bonus, on the grounds that he did not inform them of the severity of his shoulder injury when he was signed.”

Bennett is a real piece of shit. It baffles me on how anyone could take his side in this whole ordeal.
    Go PACK