Thread: Why don't backup QBs get game reps???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    During the season there is limited practice time available and teams are working on that weeks gameplan. Sacrificing time to a guy who hopefully won't see the field is harmful.

MM used to develop his QBs during his offseason program, but with the new collective bargaining agreement most of that time has been taken away from him. At least one really smart and insightful poster has suggested its time to use veteran backups now due to the system.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post

MM used to develop his QBs during his offseason program, but with the new collective bargaining agreement most of that time has been taken away from him. At least one really smart and insightful poster has suggested its time to use veteran backups now due to the system.
    I think this is a big factor. In fact, if dopes like Pete Carroll would stop pushing the limits and introducing contact into the offseason, I bet young players would push the NFLPA to give them back an offseason session.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    At least one really smart and insightful poster has suggested its time to use veteran backups now due to the system.
    But that would mean getting a FA QB. And FA is a fate worse than Packer hammy.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    But that would mean getting a FA QB. And FA is a fate worse than Packer hammy.
    Well, after this mess we might just resign Hundly for vets minimum.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.