Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 10 @ Bears

More Banjo: Week 10 @ Bears

It was ugly, but it was a win. Off the schneid. 5-4.

Jones, Monty and King got hurt. Updates as they happen.

Have some errands to run so if someone wants to pull quotes from the press conferences, feel free.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wilde says it was NOT the snap.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

sorry bears, but that was probably as bad of a packer teams as we've had on the field in almost 30 years

whats your excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    sorry bears, but that was probably as bad of a packer teams as we've had on the field in almost 30 years

whats your excuse?
    Well, they're The Bears.

whats your excuse?
    Really inept first half play by the Bears. The whole game, the offensive play calling was bad...really bad. Anybody who watched that game, the Bears showed how to take the ball out of a QB's hand.

Run, run, pass almost every series. McCarthy took the reins off Hundley and, although he didn't set the world on fire, overall, he was competent.

We also showed that we can beat a team that might be a little better than we are. The Bears defense is definitely better and they were playing at home. I think the offenses were similar. We won and we played well enough that I would say we outplayed them.

So what was the difference? Answer that for yourself.

Pete Dougherty‏ @PeteDougherty
    Packers announce 2 other injuries after game: Hundley hamstring and King shoulder.

So Hundley was slow on that run not just because of the clock, but a bum leg.

Super 70s Sports‏ @Super70sSports
    John Fox found a $20 bill on the sidewalk, challenged it, and now owes the IRS $35,000 in back taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Packers announce 2 other injuries after game: Hundley hamstring and King shoulder.

Well, that explains his 2nd half. If you want to play like a Packer, you need a hamstring injury.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    Really inept first half play by the Bears. The whole game, the offensive play calling was bad...really bad. Anybody who watched that game, the Bears showed how to take the ball out of a QB's hand.

Run, run, pass almost every series. McCarthy took the reins off Hundley and, although he didn't set the world on fire, overall, he was competent.

We also showed that we can beat a team that might be a little better than we are. The Bears defense is definitely better and they were playing at home. I think the offenses were similar. We won and we played well enough that I would say we outplayed them.

So what was the difference? Answer that for yourself.
    The Packers Offense got it done at the most crucial time but that game was nearly thrown away as late it should NOT have been just a 7 Point game..
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

" Hundley hamstring" pbmax

Holy Cow.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    this is insane
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

At least losing possession didn't cost the Bears a TO!

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    this is insane

Would love to see the 1986 Gregg team against current Packers. Would Campen play against himself coaching?

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    ^Won the battle, lost the war.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Game left a bad taste in my mouth.

Didn't think either team played well. Hundley was marginally better. Defense still stinks. Bears still suck.

Winning ugly is better than losing pretty, but I don't see a lot to look forward to the rest of the season, even with very low expectations.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Would love to see the 1986 Gregg team against current Packers. Would Campen play against himself coaching?
    Technically that's 31 years ago. How about the 10-0 at Chicago in '91? That was so awful. Or the loss at Baltimore on Sunday or MNF in 2005?

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Game left a bad taste in my mouth.

Didn't think either team played well. Hundley was marginally better. Defense still stinks. Bears still suck.

Winning ugly is better than losing pretty, but I don't see a lot to look forward to the rest of the season, even with very low expectations.
    New Orleans held them to 12 in the Big Easy. Not too bad for the defense compared to others. Division road win is solid as well.

Gotta hope success builds off success with Hundley.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Technically that's 31 years ago. How about the 10-0 at Chicago in '91? That was so awful. Or the loss at Baltimore on Sunday or MNF in 2005?
    Yeah, I forgot to mention that. I assumed Red's 30 year window was at least partially to avoid have to have the 4-12 '86 Packers face this current group.