Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: More Banjo: Week 10 @ Bears

Aaron Jones out for a month with sprained knee tendon according to WBBM Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He's not going to get you a home run. But like the O line, he will get a workmanlike production from most plays. Not many negative plays yesterday.

He also looks like a legit short yardage back. Add in the fact that he can pass block and catch, that is a VERY nice complement to Monty and Ripper, who can do both as well.'

You could have a 3rd and short to medium offense of 2 RB, Williams and Ripper, where you dare the defense to go base. If they don't, run it. If they go base, send both backs out to beat the LBs.
    If Williams can get 4 yds a carry most of the time that could be good enough to keep defenses honest and slow down the pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Aaron Jones out for a month with sprained knee tendon according to WBBM Chicago.
    Well, it could have been worse and he'd be lost for the season...

Sounds like an MCL. Just a stone cold guess though.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport
    Brett Goode can return this week. I would expect that he would. (You expect that too, I'm sure)

COMPARED TO THE PRESEASON, HART HAS PICKED IT UP. IT COULD BE SO MUCH WORSE.

But I still want Goode back.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    they did say tendon. Negative on ligament tear. Maybe quad tendon?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

At least losing possession didn't cost the Bears a TO!

In other words: After further review, the Bears still suck.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport
    Brett Goode can return this week. I would expect that he would. (You expect that too, I'm sure)

COMPARED TO THE PRESEASON, HART HAS PICKED IT UP. IT COULD BE SO MUCH WORSE.

But I still want Goode back.
    Goode was released with an injury settlement. I believe that would mean he doesn't count as one of the 2 guys they can bring off IR. Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Goode was released with an injury settlement. I believe that would mean he doesn't count as one of the 2 guys they can bring off IR. Yes?
    Yes
    I thought the rule was he couldn't be signed for minimum 6 weeks after injury settlement or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Yes
    I thought the rule was he couldn't be signed for minimum 6 weeks after injury settlement or something like that.
    IIRC it's 4 weeks after the duration of the injury settlement. So if the Packers, upon release, paid him 3 weeks of salary as an injury settlement, 7 weeks after the settlement the Packers could sign him, but any other team could sign him after the 3 weeks of settlement. Note I was just using the 3 weeks as an example, I don't know what the actual settlement was.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

That makes sense. But it has to be at least 6 weeks from what I saw. So that would mean payoff for two weeks.

Maybe they can give him Bennett's check

I won't have any trouble cashing a second party out of state paycheck will I? It's just that I haven't kept up in my banking.....

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    they did say tendon. Negative on ligament tear. Maybe quad tendon?
    Schefter said MCL and 3-6 weeks later yesterday.

Monday PCs

Tom Silverstein‏Verified account
    @TomSilverstein
    McCarthy: Winning feels much better. Got into corrections and were able to get some time in on Baltimore. Important to turn the page.

Packer Report‏
    @PackerReport
    MM on Jones's knee injury - multiple weeks. Montgomery "has a chance" with the rib injury but is being examined yet.

@TomSilverstein
    McCarthy on Aaron Jones and Montgomery: Jones is a multi-week injury and Montgomery is still going through tests. Has a chance.

Packer Report‏
    @PackerReport
    Williams is just playing now rather thinking too much, like he was early in season, MM says. "He cut it loose" yesterday.

@TomSilverstein
    McCarthy on J. Williams: Total confidence change vs. way he started. In camp, he was ahead of rookies. When season started, he was trying to do it right. Thinking too much.

@TomSilverstein
    MM on J. Williams: He's really developed into a heckuva special teams player. Yesterday he cut it loose.

Packer Report‏
    @PackerReport
    Too many mental errors on offense, McCarthy says.

@TomSilverstein
    McCarthy on Devante Mays: He's devolping. Getting stronger. He's been ready to go. He'll have an opportunity this week.

@TomSilverstein
    MM on run game: Starts upfront. Play style is what you're looking for. Offensive and defensive lines were setting tone.

@TomSilverstein
    McCarthy: Said his people were wondering whether they could challenge the challenge. Said they're looking at everything. Will work it self out.

I THINK THAT MEANS THE REFS SAID THEY WERE LOOKING AT EVERYTHING?

@TomSilverstein
    McCarthy on Kevin King shoulder: He'll be evaluated. Nothing to report.

@TomSilverstein
    Tom Silverstein Retweeted Tom Silverstein
    Also said King was struggling.

@TomSilverstein
    Dom Capers: Had lot of respect for Chi run game. Howard one of the best stretch runners. Goal was to set the edge. Very pleased way Clay and Nick set the edge.

@TomSilverstein
    Capers: We won first down probably highest we won this year. We had five tackles for loss. Created a lot of second and long situations. Won 11 of 15 third and fourth downs

Packer Report‏
    @PackerReport
    Seven missed tackles forced by Jamaal Williams, Edgar Bennett says.

Packer Report‏
    @PackerReport
    Replying to @PackerReport
    (I had six, for what it's worth)

@TomSilverstein
    Edgar Bennett on Jamaal Williams: He was tough, physical. Finished moving forward. We had him with seven broken tackles. And did a good job with pass protection

WELL SOMEONE WAS MISSING SOMETHING ON TWO SACKS

@TomSilverstein
    Zook on Vogel dropped snap: He's done an excellent job. He's had to move the ball around and spin it around. That's the one mistake he made and it's magnified.

@TomSilverstein
    Zook on special teams penalties: Very concerned about it. My thing is foolish penalties. Look at context. We have to play hard and one of them was a foolish penalty. That was a young guy. Trying to play hard and trying to play fast.

Packer Report‏
    @PackerReport
    "That can't happen," Zook said of Davis' punt return from the end zone.

Packer Report‏
    @PackerReport
    Davis lined up at the 12. The rule for not fielding the ball is at the 8. So Davis was given 4 yards to back up. He backed up for 13.

Baranczyk says it was old school run to setup the pass that helped Hundley put together good drives and a good game.

Anticipation throws not there yet.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ley/859704001/

run the ball, stop the run - have your QB make more plays than the other guy. Old school Packers-Bears.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Just beginning to catch up....great stone cold guess evidently.