Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 10 @ Bears

Josh Hawkins @28degreess
    THE PACK IS BACK!!
    #GoPackGo

THERE IS NO WAY HAWKING CAN GET THE BITTERSWEET NATURE OF THAT SLOGAN, CAN HE?

AM I RIGHT ITS BITTERSWEET BECAUSE IT WAS USED A LOT PRIOR TO THE ACTUAL RETURN OF CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

HUNDLEY PC

Green Bay Packers @packers
    Hundley on his first win as a starting QB: It feels amazing. It's truly a blessing, especially in a rivalry game. #GBvsCHI #GoPackGo

“FEELS GOOD!”

"We have to keep this momentum going."

MCCARTHY PC

McCarthy: @NickTheGreat8 is so powerful. So heavy-handed. Nick obviously had a big day today (3 sacks). #GBvsCHI #GoPackGo

McCarthy: Any time you win a division game it's important. Any time you beat the Bears it's important. Good win today. Proud of our football team. #GBvsCHI #GoPackGo
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13
    #Packers injuries:

RB Aaron Jones (knee)
    RB Ty Montgomery (ribs)
    CB Kevin King (shoulder)
    QB Brett Hundley (hamstring)

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13
    #Packers OLB Nick Perry on his 3.0 sacks against the #Bears: "Just continue to go. Effort. Sometimes the first move doesn’t work, so you’ve got to continue to press and collapse the pocket and just try to stay alive. I think I did some good things out there today."

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Game left a bad taste in my mouth.

Didn't think either team played well. Hundley was marginally better. Defense still stinks. Bears still suck.

Winning ugly is better than losing pretty, but I don't see a lot to look forward to the rest of the season, even with very low expectations.
    Yeah, there's lots of teams they couldn't have beaten today. Today is only a cause for optimism if it represented a real turning of the corner for Hundley. He did play pretty well in the 2nd half.

IMO Packers have a very good trio of RB's if they could keep at least 2 of them healthy at the same time. Monty runs too high though inside, and might always have rib issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    IMO Packers have a very good trio of RB's if they could keep at least 2 of them healthy at the same time. Monty runs too high though inside, and might always have rib issues.
    Yea. he is like 6'1" I think. He runs high, but has weird vision. He slowly picks his holes and is effective, but it could contribute to his injuries.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Yea. he is like 6'1" I think. He runs high, but has weird vision. He slowly picks his holes and is effective, but it could contribute to his injuries.
    6 foot even

Williams ran a helluva lot better than he ever did in the preseason. I'm still waiting to see Davonte Mays get on the field, though. I'm one of the biggest critics of our O Line, but they were a lot less bad than usual today. Maybe it was just poor D by the Bears.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

The Bears front 7 can play.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The Bears front 7 can play.
    Does that mean Jamaal Williams can play too? He got some tough yards at the end.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    we can't put this game in the books until Fritz weighs in.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Yeah, there's lots of teams they couldn't have beaten today. Today is only a cause for optimism if it represented a real turning of the corner for Hundley. He did play pretty well in the 2nd half.
    I thought Hundley did finish the game strong, however he only had 95 yards passing through three quarters. Let's hope he has turned the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I thought Hundley did finish the game strong, however he only had 95 yards passing through three quarters. Let's hope he has turned the corner.
    Looking at it another way, he put up 117 yards and a TD with the game on the line. He also hit another deep pass late to Adams to keep the clock rolling and put them in position to ice the game.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I like the deep passes but the out patterns scare the hell out of me. Should have been two pick sixes on the first drive.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    double post
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    we can't put this game in the books until Fritz weighs in.
    Fritz recalls many a game with Aaron Rodgers at the helm in which the Packers looked like shit, yet won a close game in Chicago. Afterward, we all bemoaned the state of the team.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    I like the deep passes but the out patterns scare the hell out of me. Should have been two pick sixes on the first drive.
    Good news is it happened on the 1st drive, but I don't think it happened after that. (Could be wrong). I'm sure it was a topic of discussion when he got to the sideline. If he was throwing the out too late, that's correctable. If he lacks the arm strength to throw the out, then he's a career backup.

That was a huge win for the Packers.

It appears again as if they came away from it a bit banged up.

Brett Hundley looked much better in the second half and that's encouraging but MM should make play calls keeping his passes aimed downfield. I'm thinking to better eliminate any Pick six's.

Nick Perry had a great day. The Packers are one game over .500. and 5-4.

Again a HUGE win.

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Does that mean Jamaal Williams can play too? He got some tough yards at the end.
    He's not going to get you a home run. But like the O line, he will get a workmanlike production from most plays. Not many negative plays yesterday.

He also looks like a legit short yardage back. Add in the fact that he can pass block and catch, that is a VERY nice complement to Monty and Ripper, who can do both as well.'

You could have a 3rd and short to medium offense of 2 RB, Williams and Ripper, where you dare the defense to go base. If they don't, run it. If they go base, send both backs out to beat the LBs.

Good news is it happened on the 1st drive, but I don't think it happened after that. (Could be wrong). I'm sure it was a topic of discussion when he got to the sideline. If he was throwing the out too late, that's correctable. If he lacks the arm strength to throw the out, then he's a career backup.
    There were two passes out that were late. One in each half I think. He all but double clutched the second half throw as he moved from his first read to his second (it was the play they re-ran and Spielman was giving Hundley props for going through his progressions).