Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Studs And Duds - Packers vs. Bears II

Studs And Duds - Packers vs. Bears II

Studs

Brett Hundley with a strong 2nd half, especially down the stretch. Maybe he's turned a corner.

Jamall Williams - Tough running, especially in the 2nd half. Gave the Packers some balance.

Davante Adams - 5 catches for 90 yards. 1 TD and the catch that sealed the game.

Nick Perry - 6 tackles and 3 sacks.

Mike Daniels - 5 TKL, 1 sack, 2 TFL

Trevor Davis - Nearly a 100 return yards.

Duds

Vogel - Don't drop the snap!

House - Big plays against him today.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Studs

Brett Hundley with a strong 2nd half, especially down the stretch. Maybe he's turned a corner.

Jamall Williams - Tough running, especially in the 2nd half. Gave the Packers some balance.

Davante Adams - 5 catches for 90 yards. 1 TD and the catch that sealed the game.

Nick Perry - 6 tackles and 3 sacks.

Mike Daniels - 5 TKL, 1 sack, 2 TFL

Trevor Davis - Nearly a 100 return yards.

Duds

Vogel - Don't drop the snap!

House - Big plays against him today.
    Agree with all of these....hard for me to say Davis though because of his first punt return out of the end zone, but did improve after that.

Hundley played well, confident. Made some mistakes, but even Rodgers wasn't perfect.

Adams did well outside that one bad drop.

Williams ran very well, but I thought they all did. Jones started well, Monty came in and did well, and Williams finished it.

Daniels & Clark played well.

Perry did well.

Seems like Jones is everywhere. Considering we didn't have much to complain about except they obviously were throwing at House in the DBackfield.

Duds-
    Going to put McCarthy back here.
    #1, I liked the change of having Cobb run some wildcat, just didn't think it was ran well enough.
    #2, Flats were open all day, didn't see any adjustment to it until the 4th.
    #3, clock management.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    House deserves the dud, but it's just that he doesn't have any make up speed. He's just limited.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Ryan Wood, packers news.com, on Jamaal Williams

Williams got his number called more as the second half progressed. Later in the third quarter, he failed to convert a third-and-2 near midfield. McCarthy gave it back to Williams on fourth-and-1, and the rookie broke through the levy to extend a drive that ended with Mason Crosby’s 50-yard field goal.

“Jamaal ran hard and physical,” McCarthy said. “He had hard ball runs, overloaded box runs, 4-3 double edges. He did a heck of a job today to keep the sticks moving. I really liked the way he played.”
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

That 4th down conversion was a nice cutback from Williams.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post

Williams ran very well, but I thought they all did. Jones started well, Monty came in and did well, and Williams finished it.
    Its almost like who is blocking matters more than who is carrying the rock.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Have to add Jordi to the studs list. 3 catches for 20 yards doesn't look good on the stat sheet, but I saw at least a couple of blocks and one 'no contact' pick that got the Pack a lot of yards. Montgomery's TD doesn't happen without his block.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

good point about Jordy. And you won't hear any of the WRs prima donna it up because they aren't getting enough touches. The Turncoat prima donna is in NE.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    Agree with all of these....hard for me to say Davis though because of his first punt return out of the end zone, but did improve after that.

Hundley played well, confident. Made some mistakes, but even Rodgers wasn't perfect.

Adams did well outside that one bad drop.

Daniels & Clark played well.

Perry did well.

Seems like Jones is everywhere. Considering we didn't have much to complain about except they obviously were throwing at House in the DBackfield.

Duds-
    Going to put McCarthy back here.
    #1, I liked the change of having Cobb run some wildcat, just didn't think it was ran well enough.
    #2, Flats were open all day, didn't see any adjustment to it until the 4th.
    #3, clock management.
    I'm guessing a lot of this is on Hundley. Especially the timeout with five seconds left in the quarter (with 7 on the game clock). No need for a time out after trying to draw them offsides. I'm surprised the announcers didn't catch that.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Hundley doesn’t have a noodle arm. It’s between the strength of Flynn and Rodgers. But it’s clearly not a truly live arm. It’s just Ok, sort of like Eli Manning’s always was.

Hundley looks better, but he has his limitations and doesn’t have the special anticipation that would make the limitations disappear.

But he has potential to be a .500 QB and that could be enough to keep us in it till Aaron comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Hundley doesn’t have a noodle arm. It’s between the strength of Flynn and Rodgers. But it’s clearly not a truly live arm. It’s just Ok, sort of like Eli Manning’s always was.

Hundley looks better, but he has his limitations and doesn’t have the special anticipation that would make the limitations disappear.

But he has potential to be a .500 QB and that could be enough to keep us in it till Aaron comes back.
    With the Packer defense, ST and mounting injuries I think they would need better than OK from the QB position in order to tread water until late December.

His arm isn't fantastic on the move. But its pretty damn strong when set. And I bet his strength and accuracy on the move will get better with more game experience and then more practice going over what did not work in the game.

That TD to Adams was almost too low a throw.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    With the Packer defense, ST and mounting injuries I think they would need better than OK from the QB position in order to tread water until late December.
    One thing they have going for them is the low offensive rank (Yardage) of their upcoming opponents:

Baltimore (30)
    Pittsburgh (11)
    Tampa Bay (15)
    Cleveland (25)
    Carolina (26)
    Minnesota (9)
    Detroit (17)

They might be able to win enough ugly games to hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    House deserves the dud, but it's just that he doesn't have any make up speed. He's just limited.
    He did have a sack yesterday tho.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Dud for sure is Capers.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    One thing they have going for them is the low offensive rank (Yardage) of their upcoming opponents:

Baltimore (30)
    Pittsburgh (11)
    Tampa Bay (15)
    Cleveland (25)
    Carolina (26)
    Minnesota (9)
    Detroit (17)

They might be able to win enough ugly games to hang in there.
    Yeah, that and the fact that there are currently a lot of NFC teams hovering around 500, which might mean that 9-7 isn't out of the running for last wild card.

But the injuries keep coming like a snowstorm in Buffalo, hard to see how they are going to survive those.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Dud for sure is Capers.
    16 points too much?

House doesn't need to be Shields, just good enough to force the QB to wait for his WR to get open. Given the pass rush a chance.

#MacGuyverDefense

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    House doesn't need to be Shields, just good enough to force the QB to wait for his WR to get open. Given the pass rush a chance.

#MacGuyverDefense
    Is House better or worse than Gunter in this regard?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Is House better or worse than Gunter in this regard?
    I'm glad somebody asked this. Lack of speed, of course, was always the complaint about Gunter - who I really liked. Gunter at least had great instincts. I don't see that in House. I'll say Gunter better by a mile - and I think he still plays for the Ravens. I hope the stupidity of getting rid of him doesn't bite us in the ass next Sunday.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?