Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Studs And Duds - Packers vs. Bears II

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'm glad somebody asked this. Lack of speed, of course, was always the complaint about Gunter - who I really liked. Gunter at least had great instincts. I don't see that in House. I'll say Gunter better by a mile - and I think he still plays for the Ravens. I hope the stupidity of getting rid of him doesn't bite us in the ass next Sunday.
    Gunter is on the Panthers' roster, not the Ravens. He has appeared in 3 games this season and has yet to register a tackle. He was inactive last night. I'd rather have King over him all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Is House better or worse than Gunter in this regard?
    If he keeps getting beat deep, it'll be close. I sense that House is better at defending crossing routes though. Like King is at defending slants. Able to stay closer and get hands on ball.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    House doesn't need to be Shields, just good enough to force the QB to wait for his WR to get open. Given the pass rush a chance.

#MacGuyverDefense
    'pass rush' made me lol
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    One thing they have going for them is the low offensive rank (Yardage) of their upcoming opponents:

Baltimore (30)
    Pittsburgh (11)
    Tampa Bay (15)
    Cleveland (25)
    Carolina (26)
    Minnesota (9)
    Detroit (17)

They might be able to win enough ugly games to hang in there.
    Detroit didn't even punt. They knew every blitz. Any team with a competent QB and OC, will not be stopped and unless Hundley learns to deal with pressure
    The Packers squeaked by the Bears, due in large part by the worst challenge in the NFL this year. The Cleveland game is winnable, but I'm not sure if another one is.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    'pass rush' made me lol
    Yeah, that is still going to be a problem going forward. There were some coverage sacks against the Bears and I bet most of that was Trubisky being hesitant.

Won't be the same against better veteran QBs.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Studs: TT and MM

Monty and Jones go down and TT/MM have Jamaal Williams not only ready and waiting, but in kick-ass form. Moreover, they've got Devante Mays waiting in the wings. TT's draft of three RB's looks pretty damn brilliant now and Stubby coached them up.

Stubby also had his men ready to kick butt in Chicago. And his focus on Williams rushing rather than asking Hundley to clone Arod was studly. I've said it before: Stubby is the finest coach in the NFL when his back is to the wall. If Stubby keeps motivating and adapting, I'm beginning to think we're capable of running the table....
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yeah, that is still going to be a problem going forward. There were some coverage sacks against the Bears and I bet most of that was Trubisky being hesitant.

Won't be the same against better veteran QBs.
    As Scoops McGinn always says the Packers feast on bad quarterbacking and December weather. Look at Maxis’ post. Packers are built to win some outdoor slugfests but will lose indoor games to talented QBs who never visit the turf.

Jumbo Rat HOFer

Monty and Jones go down and TT/MM have Jamaal Williams not only ready and waiting, but in kick-ass form. Moreover, they've got Devante Mays waiting in the wings. TT's draft of three RB's looks pretty damn brilliant now and Stubby coached them up.

Stubby also had his men ready to kick butt in Chicago. And his focus on Williams rushing rather than asking Hundley to clone Arod was studly. I've said it before: Stubby is the finest coach in the NFL when his back is to the wall. If Stubby keeps motivating and adapting, I'm beginning to think we're capable of running the table....
    Maxi-

Boy you missed the boat. TT should never have drafted Eddie Lacy as he can find so many gems late in the draft at RB. I mean we could have picked Tyrann Mathieu or a handful of players taken later who have done better in the NFL. I do it all the time on my Madden video game.

Sarcasm.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Maxi-

Boy you missed the boat. TT should never have drafted Eddie Lacy as he can find so many gems late in the draft at RB. I mean we could have picked Tyrann Mathieu or a handful of players taken later who have done better in the NFL. I do it all the time on my Madden video game.

Sarcasm.
    Could be worse. You could have drafted Trent Richardson with the #3 overall pick - if you were Mike Holmgren and the Hapless Browns. Trent now carries the rock for the Saskatchewan Roughriders.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Yes, I remember many were wondering what in the hell Ted was doing taking 3 RBs in the last draft. Looking back now thank god he did!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Yes, I remember many were wondering what in the hell Ted was doing taking 3 RBs in the last draft. Looking back now thank god he did!
    IMO you can't have too much depth at RB. Especially after the RB debacle of last year. But I also would have kept 3 QB's and about 30 O-lineman. I would need a 147 man roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    2 out of 3 being (seemingly) decent ain't bad. One is starter material, the other showed up against a tough running D. It almost makes me more interested to see the third because the first two (appear) were hits. More than likely, Mays is the dud, but I still want to see what he has too.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

The huge plus side of Rodgers getting hurt is that stubby almost has to run the ball more. With Rodgers in there he would get big play pass happy and ignore the run, even when it was more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    IMO you can't have too much depth at RB. Especially after the RB debacle of last year. But I also would have kept 3 QB's and about 30 O-lineman. I would need a 147 man roster.
    No kidding. Too bad NFL rosters aren't as large as those in the college ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    2 out of 3 being (seemingly) decent ain't bad. One is starter material, the other showed up against a tough running D. It almost makes me more interested to see the third because the first two (appear) were hits. More than likely, Mays is the dud, but I still want to see what he has too.
    Mays is the one with a freak show size/speed ratio. He also had some troubles in college. Wonder if he's a $100 body with a $.10 head?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    The huge plus side of Rodgers getting hurt is that stubby almost has to run the ball more. With Rodgers in there he would get big play pass happy and ignore the run, even when it was more effective.
    Very astute observation. The back half of this season -if used to really develop an outstanding ground game - could pay huge dividends in the future.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

I wonder. Once Rodgers is back next year, no matter how good the ground game, MM will go back to - as perhaps he should - centering his game plans on #12.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I wonder. Once Rodgers is back next year, no matter how good the ground game, MM will go back to - as perhaps he should - centering his game plans on #12.
    How did he call plays in Lacy's second season? He still leaned on Lacy with a second 1100 yard season. I think if any of the RBs show they can run on a defense consistently, M3 will utilize that. The problem with Monty is he's too hot and cold. He'll have the occasional big game, but he'll also get too bottled up. His real ability to split out wide as a receiver and run NFL quality routes makes him something special, but only if M3 wants to exploit it (meaning choosing to run the offense that way and take the ball out of the hands of three better receivers).

Speaking of receivers, where are the young guys stepping up? In a couple of years, Cobb and Nelson will be gone. The Packers have Adams and....?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    but only up to a point. It's a passing league, but the teams that are tearing it up this year have a really good balance, if not a focus on the running game. LeVeon Bell, Gurley, Hunt are monsters, and NO has a really nice mix of backs. Dallas goes without saying. NE and Seattle are probably more in tune with the pass first, pass often approach of Stubbers, but it's probs cuz their run offense is so putrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Speaking of receivers, where are the young guys stepping up? In a couple of years, Cobb and Nelson will be gone. The Packers have Adams and....?
    McCaffrey. All pro I tells ya! Seriously though, the Packers will be panicking over WRs (including TEs) this offseason. Their bottom feeder, bottom of the draft WRs did not pan out.