Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Ravens Week

Official Ravens Week

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
    Former #Packers long snapper Brett Goode in Green Bay today. Likely he'll be signed if he checks out physically.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Also a reminder that one of my favorite Packer wins was against the defending Super Bowl champion Ravens in 2001, 31-23.

Elvin Grbac was their new QB and this was widely seen as shoring up the only major weakness the Ravens had. Randall Cunningham was on that team too.

Freeman had a TD and nine catches in his "find hole in zone" career era. Bubba Franks had 3 targets, 2 catches and 2 TDs in his block, fall down, standup, catch TD pass stage of his career. I am not kidding, that was the play call, and it was the most effective red zone play call for about 4 years.

Ahmad Green had the most effective 20 carry, 54 yard performance ever. Favre had a passer rating of 137 against one of the best Ds in the League. The Packers consistently passed on their base defense and ran when the Ravens put their pass rushers in the game for the fat boys, Sam Adams and Tony Siragusa. That defense was loaded.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Also a reminder that one of my favorite Packer wins was against the defending Super Bowl champion Ravens in 2001, 31-23.

Elvin Grbac was their new QB and this was widely seen as shoring up the only major weakness the Ravens had. Randall Cunningham was on that team too.

Freeman had a TD and nine catches in his "find hole in zone" career era. Bubba Franks had 3 targets, 2 catches and 2 TDs in his block, fall down, standup, catch TD pass stage of his career. I am not kidding, that was the play call, and it was the most effective red zone play call for about 4 years.

Ahmad Green had the most effective 20 carry, 54 yard performance ever. Favre had a passer rating of 137 against one of the best Ds in the League. The Packers consistently passed on their base defense and ran when the Ravens put their pass rushers in the game for the fat boys, Sam Adams and Tony Siragusa. That defense was loaded.
    I think that was a signature win in the Mike Sherman era, correct?

I think it's funny to watch us as Packer fans overreact one way, then another. On Sunday morning we - myself included - were debating the merits of firing Capers, of tanking to get a better pick, of cleaning house altogether. By Monday morning, we were calculating the Packers' playoff chances - this year.

I am going to try to view this season through the lens of narrative - what will the story be this year, besides Rodgers's injury? I will be curious to see if and how Hundley develops as he plays more, which players step up, whether the defense can stop a decent passing game at all, and so on. Should be interesting, especially regarding Hundley's development and the development of the rest of this year's rookie crop.

I also think that the Damarious Randall story is interesting - he's actually playing pretty well these days.

If only they could rush the passer.

I don't expect much, but will follow with interest and, I hope, less frustration and anger than I felt after the Lions game.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

There is some hope in the coverage. Randall, King and Jones all seem to be capable of playing zone.

If someone could teach House and then find a pass rusher ...

another dicey game that could go either way at any point. believe it or not the Packers have better o and d numbers than them although the numbers under Rodgers skew those ratings. their qb is better than ours so there's the 2 point favorite the ravens are.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I think that was a signature win in the Mike Sherman era, correct?

I think it's funny to watch us as Packer fans overreact one way, then another. On Sunday morning we - myself included - were debating the merits of firing Capers, of tanking to get a better pick, of cleaning house altogether. By Monday morning, we were calculating the Packers' playoff chances - this year.

I am going to try to view this season through the lens of narrative - what will the story be this year, besides Rodgers's injury? I will be curious to see if and how Hundley develops as he plays more, which players step up, whether the defense can stop a decent passing game at all, and so on. Should be interesting, especially regarding Hundley's development and the development of the rest of this year's rookie crop.

I also think that the Damarious Randall story is interesting - he's actually playing pretty well these days.

If only they could rush the passer.

I don't expect much, but will follow with interest and, I hope, less frustration and anger than I felt after the Lions game.
    You're taking all the fun out of it! I will continue to judge this team on whether or not it wins the Super Bowl! grrrrrrrr
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar

Dearest pbmin

Ahman Green
    Elvis Grbac

Sincerely,

~The Captain.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Opening Vegas lines have Packers 2 - 2-1/2 point dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKickass View Post
    Dearest pbmin

Ahman Green
    Elvis Grbac

Sincerely,

~The Captain.

I have just got to turn off auto correct and live with the normal typos. Stunned it left Grbac spelled that way.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Elvin Grbac
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Tom Silverstein‏Verified account
    @TomSilverstein
    Mike McCarthy on Hundley hamstring injury: He'll be a full participant today.

Rob Demovsky‏Verified account
    @RobDemovsky
    Mike McCarthy said he's hopeful the Packers will have Ty Montgomery available this week after he reinjured his ribs on Sunday. "We'll see what today brings," McCarthy said. "We don't really have a set plan for what he's going to do today."

Tom Silverstein‏Verified account
    @TomSilverstein
    McCarthy on Hundley's finish: It's confidence all the way around. You have to have big plays. What he did at the end was huge.

@RobDemovsky
    From yesterday ... Packers' long-snapper saga comes full circle with return of Brett Goode https://t.co/2ZyOC2rVrv

@RobDemovsky
    From yesterday ... Packers' long-snapper saga comes full circle with return of Brett Goode https://t.co/2ZyOC2rVrv
    That is Goode news.

Ryan Wood‏ @ByRyanWood
    #Packers on 53-man roster who did not practice Wednesday:
    Aaron Jones (MCL)
    Morgan Burnett (groin)
    Bryan Bulaga (ACL)
    Ty Montgomery (ribs)

Ryan Wood‏ @ByRyanWood
    #Packers on 53-man roster who did not practice Wednesday:
    Aaron Jones (MCL)
    Morgan Burnett (groin)
    Bryan Bulaga (ACL)
    Ty Montgomery (ribs)
    Why is Builaga on the 53?
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post

Now that you bring this up . . .

"The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Why is Builaga on the 53?
    The call from Belichick hasn't come in yet.

I am sure they are just waiting for them to either need the spot or confirm his surgery date.

The call from Belichick hasn't come in yet.

I am sure they are just waiting for them to either need the spot or confirm his surgery date.
    Any word on if Dr. McKenzie is pressuring him to play?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    They are experimenting with a REALLY tight tape job.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    still in surgery:

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Unfortunately this feels like a Ravens "get right" game.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.